[3.23] Jugg Forbidden Rite: 10-12k life, 4-10m dps, Gull shriner, gigatank, build diary

Hi i'm Snolaz,

Welcome to my guide for this league. I will play this build since day 1, so you can follow my improvements and adjustments.
I will not tryhard due to irl responsabilities, so even casual players will be able to follow my progress.

READ COMMENTS FOR IMPROVEMENTS, I'LL UPDATE THE POBS ASAP

POB BASE CHEAP VARIATION (UPDATED 08/12/2023)
https://pastebin.com/3pmh2BbJ

POB FINAL ENDGAME ATZIRI'S FOIBLE (UPDATED 04/01/2024)

https://pobb.in/pdSW5g8s31Ns

POB FINAL ENDGAME ETERNAL DAMNATION VARIATION (UPDATED 08/12/2023)
https://pastebin.com/p2arnZUD

I've added a pob for levelling. I swapped to fr at around tier 4 white maps, smite can't carry further (maybe levelling with cold dot was better). Swap when you can cap all res (chaos included)

POB FOR LEVELLING WITH SMITE: (UPDATED 08/12/2023)
https://pastebin.com/qt4RVusX

BUILD SUMMARY:
Spoiler
Stack life, giga tank everything, ok dps output, fun mapper with Gull+Blunderbore combo.

BUILD CONCEPT:
Spoiler
GULL + BLUNDERBORE give alot of hp and sockets (kaom's heart it's just too little sockets and less confortable mapping)

Grelwood shank is the best in slot lmao because it's an indipendent 30% more dmg multiplier always up (we damage ourselves with casting f.r.)

Rathpith globe provides insane stats for a build that already wants to stack hp, and the crit rate given is balanced out by maligaro virtuosity, thus allowing for hp stacking on tree and items.

The rare items provided in the guide are a baseline you can obviously improve, for example with frenzy charges or strength, onslaught and tailwind.

The jewels can be improved with cast speed.

DEFENCES SUMMARY
Spoiler
You are not taking down a 220 000 effective hp character with 2k life leech, 2k net recovery and Untiring any time soon, and that doesn't even count the petrified blood effect...

And the effective hp goes up to 480 000 if you play eternal damnation.

In practice there are are just too many layers of defence.
Max Phys damage taken is mitigated by armor + 4 endurance charges + 25% block + immortal call + Petrified blood

Max elemental damage taken is mitigated by resistances + Unbreakable + 20% less damage taken from flasks (100% uptime), + eventually Eternal damnation 35% damage reduction + 6% reduced elemental dmg taken by pantheon (100% uptime) + immortal call +Petrified Blood

Max chaos hit is mitigated by Chaos res that are capped + 10% of armor applies to chaos damage taken from mastery + petrified blood

60% reduced extra dmg from crits
Enemies have 40% reduced crit chance

Ailments:
Untoppable makes us freeze immune + limits chill and slows.
Up to 100% reduced ignite duration, granted by jewels and anointed flesh
Up to 100% reduced effect of shock, granted by Garukan pantheon + anointed flesh
Can't be blinded and maimed
Permanently immune to bleed and cb
Permanently 60% reduced effect of curses on you

Dots are entirely negated by regen effects

+ Enduring cry insta full hp recovery (substituting life flasks)

HOW TO COLOR AND GET THE BLUNDERBORE LINKED
Spoiler
Bad news guys, i just lost 100+ jewelers trying to get 3, i repeat, just 3, off colours on blunderbore. It's not possible to get without a white corruption or vorici or tainted chromatic orbs. The crafting bech method can't work with that str requirement.

The strategy changes. I'll go for the iron fortress + maw of conquest instead of blunderbore gull, and i'll wait for currency to buy tainted chromatics to swap to blunderbore when i'll be able to force a 6L (6 socket + tainted chromes + tainted fusings). The focus now is a 5L, 4 off colour iron fortress that should be achievable with crafting bench alone.

LEVELLING
Spoiler
I would personally advice levelling with smite+ancestral call + 2 heralds, as you can find in the pob. Mule smite from the templar.
If you want you can follow some Phox rf build guide for levelling because rf jugg is still a caster jugg just like fr. Probably that's even faster then smite but i'm sure 100% i can pull of a smite levelling so i'll chose that.

Feel free to comment to ask for questions (pls no dms so everybody can see the question and the answer), i'll answer when i can,
and no matter if you'll play this build gl and hf with the league!

Snolaz
Last edited by Snolaz on Jan 5, 2024, 3:22:02 AM
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2024, 1:33:58 PM
Since you took divine shield and also are near pain attunement i'd suggest the melding life wheel as good value.
It's not that clear what's best, we can only assure that by actually playing the build for these reasons:

1 you need strength for blunderbore, depending on your roll, (golem's blood is then efficient). Try to get a low roll requirement.
2 energy shield is overvalued sice rf drains it. Probably it's just best to unspeck divine shield and invest elsewhere, in that case the melding wheel is inefficient.
3 Eternal damnation is a good endgame option and that will mean dropping the atziri's foible's reduced attributes requirements, that means more int and dex and str needed for the build...
4 also soul of steel is probably not good enough
5 cannibalistic rite and vampirism are also good choices to tryout
Last edited by Snolaz on Dec 7, 2023, 4:56:44 AM
How is it immortal if I may ask?
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Last edited by Hyskoa on Dec 7, 2023, 11:12:30 AM
You are not taking down a 220 000 effective hp character with 2k life leech, 2k net recovery and Untiring any time soon, and that doesn't even count the petrified blood effect...

And the effective hp goes up to 430 000 if you play eternal damnation.

Max Phys damage taken is mitigated by armor + 4 endurance charges + 25% block + immortal call + Petrified blood

Max elemental damage taken is mitigated by resistances + Unbreakable + 20% less damage taken from flasks (100% uptime), + eventually Eternal damnation 35% damage reduction + 6% reduced elemental dmg taken by pantheon (100% uptime) + immortal call +Petrified Blood

Max chaos hit is mitigated by Chaos res that are capped + 10% of armor applies to chaos damage taken from mastery + petrified blood

Ailments:
Up to 100% reduced effect of shock, granted by Garukan pantheon + anointed flesh

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ADDED ETERNAL DAMNATION VARIATION POB IN THE MAIN

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Last edited by Snolaz on Dec 7, 2023, 11:52:52 AM
This ain't reddit, but upvoted for the info. Thanks bruv.

"
Snolaz wrote:

And the effective hp goes up to 430 000 if you play eternal damnation.

Ailments:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ADDED ETERNAL DAMNATION VARIATION POB IN THE MAIN

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Nvm.
Last edited by Hyskoa on Dec 7, 2023, 12:17:35 PM
I was asked how to color and get the 6l chest piece.

You just force the colors with the bench craft, use only jewelers recipies and 25 chromathics:

2 sock
2 blue sock
3 sock to 2 until off color
repeat until you get 5 off color (or 4 off colour is ok you are poor)
6 socket (now 1 red is ok)

now 3 option:
5 link manually

5 link manually + corrupt + tainted fusing until 6link

force 1500 fusing 6link

you can also stop at 5link and focus on the rest of the gear first.
then buy another base and try to get a 6l.
@Snolaz

The way I would do it is
1. Use the bench trick as you said to offcolor the first four of the six sockets.
2. Force to 6 slots (sure you can try to force the 5th offcolor but until that happens)
3. Get tier 4 Vorici in research
4. Hope he flips at least one of fifth or sixth sockets

Since he can flip 123 or 6 is a lot less annoying than trying to force the 5th at 80 jewel orbs per failed attempt
I just checked your PoB and there's no explanation about the leveling process with Smite. I guess I'll have to wait and see how you'll do it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info