Will Console League Launch Ever Be Snyced With PC?

Seeing hype for new league launches across Twitch/Discord/Youtube content is great... until you realise as a console player, by the time you get to start league launch a week later, the hype is almost dead, the PC players have reached level 100, their economy is booming, they've covered all the content.

It's actually depressing seeing people on PC enjoy a new league while we sit and twiddle our thumbs for a week until we can enjoy the same content.

One can only assume its because of the certification the console versions have to go through? But there's plenty of other studios out there that deliver content to all platforms simultaneously, so it's obviously possible.

Will there ever be any parity between PC and console, beyond having to share event prize pools?

I love PoE, but it sure fees like being the "unwanted ginger step child" of the PoE community if you play it on console.

P.s In before the "just play on PC crowd rock up"... I'd consider it, if i didn't have to rebuy my supporter packs, stash tabs, cosmetics again, because there's no parity there either.
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2023, 3:34:21 AM
The positives is that GGG has time to fix some of the early bugs in time for the console launch, and we get some clue as to how the league mechanic works, and what build will be feasible and not. It's kinda nice to have a bit more time between patch notes and launch to figure out what I want to play. Right now I don't have a flippin' clue :sob:

IIRC it is usually 4 days later, so I suppose console launch will be on the 12th?
I think on it as a adventage aswell, We usually got the game patched as there is a lot patches first days, so we get a better experience. We also can plan better what to play as we can look what works good on pc and how the new mechanics works. Also I get some days to decide if I want to play the league or stay in standard instead. (If the league not good for me I rather play standard)
I actually use the delayed launch to check out the league mechanics and updates/improvements to the game in order to decide if I even want to consider purchasing a supporter pack. Then I try the league myself to see how much attention was payed to console players (with controller support, keybindings etc). And only if it feels good I buy a supporter pack.

Btw: console certification process has nothing to do with it - that process is mostly automated and can be done very quickly if needed. It is all about money. For every client hotfix on console Microsoft/Sony want money. So for GGG it is cheaper to delay console launch to minimize client hotfixes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info