Console to PC

Seriously thinking about making the switch... the TLDR; I'm tired of the community, overinflated pricing, and general lack of addons or differences when looking at builds (things such as cast on move, and general accuracy of controller vs mnk)

Is it worth moving with poe2 around the corner?

I'd be a bit upset about my MTX, but I'm more upset about having to make a new email just to play a game. How do I go about fixing this?

Edit: changed title to avoid any misunderatandings.
Last edited by MrJivatma on Oct 31, 2023, 8:44:29 AM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2024, 9:04:46 PM
Perhaps you could change your thread title to "Console to PC" or "Console -> PC", because right now it seems you are saying that consoles are better than PCs by using the greater than symbol.

It does seem a tad bit inflammatory at the moment and could be triggering for some. In any case, it doesn't really convey much about your concerns.
PoE is a PC game that they created console ports for. The experience is different and IMO, better on PC. I can't imagine trying to do 100% deli maps on console. SSF could be ok though I suppose.

I had a dig to see if you could transfer your purchases and found that it isn't possible. Sorry about that mate. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2494270/page/1

If you have a decent enough PC, I recommend playing on PC and waiting till the stash tabs go on sale every few weeks before really getting into it.

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
PoE is a PC game that they created console ports for. The experience is different and IMO, better on PC. I can't imagine trying to do 100% deli maps on console. SSF could be ok though I suppose.

I had a dig to see if you could transfer your purchases and found that it isn't possible. Sorry about that mate. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2494270/page/1

If you have a decent enough PC, I recommend playing on PC and waiting till the stash tabs go on sale every few weeks before really getting into it.

Next gen consoles definitely helped with a lot of the higher end content, but other than the juiciest maps, theres not much performance issues for me.

I was aware that purchases cannot be transferred, but with poe2 and cross-platform trading around the corner, I was more curious if just straight cross-platform accounts were going to be a thing. Or at the least a temporary transfer service.

Worst comes to worst, I'll drop the cosmetics and slowly repurchase, but that still leaves me with making a new email. Haha. I'm too old to have to remember another new account, especially if its not my regular email.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I didn't want to create a new one. I have a new laptop and am strongly considering switching from XSX to PC (laptop) for POE 2.

Is there anything special I have to do to start playing on pc? Like create different acct, or do I simply click the PC download button and start playing?

Thanks in advance.
download the game via Steam is better. You can also use standalone installer from the official site (this site)

install via Steam does not need to create account as it is bond to Steam account.

Using standalone installer need to create account.

You can also add email to Steam-POE account to make you POE account able to use in Steam and standalone client, but make sure you know to do it correctly. Some people override their Steam account by not properly follow the process to add email (They create another account and unlink and link Steam)
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:

You can also add email to Steam-POE account to make you POE account able to use in Steam and standalone client, but make sure you know to do it correctly. Some people override their Steam account by not properly follow the process to add email (They create another account and unlink and link Steam)

it's been so long since I did that that I forgot how complicated that is. but it's fun showing some outrageous hour counts on Steam to friends who scroll through my profile

(my life is empty)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info