No longer opens in steam

Since the latest update, Path of Exile is no longer capable of being opened through the Steam platform as it originally was this morning, which is a huge shame, because it's my favorite platform where I connect with a lot of others who play the game.
Other than that, the game still functions when opened by the regular icon on the desktop.
The error is as follows:
"WorldAreas_Row": The format of a game data file cannot be read, is it out of date?
Forgive me for double posting, that was completely unintentional. The browser must have glitched on me.
That looks like Steam is just not patching the client - Does it still run the launcher when you start the game through steam?
Balance & Design
Mine is launching through Steam perfectly. Try removing the game from your library then adding it again.
"
Mine is launching through Steam perfectly. Try removing the game from your library then adding it again.

That seemed to have worked. I guess it was a "false alarm," and for that I apologize.
Thank you for your help, Gogobunny, and sorry for pestering you, Rory and all other GMs.
My pleasure!!
I am receiving this exact same message, '"WorldAreas_Row": The format of a game data file cannot be read, is it out of date?' but I'm not using Steam. After updating today upon trying to launch I saw this error. I'm not sure what version I was updating to, unfortunately. Any suggestions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info