Deleted Hideout Decorations

Sorry for the double post, but I figured it belongs here in the console discussion as well.

So this is the second time I've stupidly deleted all my hideout decorations by accident. Is there a way to backup save your hideout layouts on the console version so I can stop making this extremely frustrating mistake? I've wasted so much time 😭

If the answer is no, can we PLEASE for the love of god get a fix so that the buttons aren't so easy to bump on accident, or at least an undo command? If you aren't aware that you're in the L3 edit hideout menu, pressing square to Reclaim All and then X to accept can happen so fast you don't even realize it's happening until it's too late. Its so easy hit on accident while just messing around in the hideout (sometimes I run around, attack and flame dash/leap slam while I'm thinking) it just poofs and it's the worst feeling in the world.

This last time it happened, I died in a map, and when I loaded back to my hideout, I checked my remaining XP by pressing L3, didn't realize I was in the edit hideout menu and I pressed square to attack out of frustration and then X immediately to enter the portal and instead, everything disappeared, adding insult to injury.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add some sort of solution to this for idiots like me.

Thanks for listening to my rant.
Last edited by Gemini711 on Sep 30, 2023, 12:57:36 PM
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2023, 12:00:31 PM
This sounds very frustrating indeed. They should make the confirm button a double-input, like for selling items. That way you're unlikely to hit it by accident.

Quite often something similar happens to me, when trying to unequip an item, or moving it to a crafting station. Sometimes the game thinks I'm trying to delete it. Really glad there is a confirm stage for that, otherwise I would have lost a lot of expensive gear.
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
This sounds very frustrating indeed. They should make the confirm button a double-input, like for selling items.

Absolutely! The imagine the easiest fix would be to change the confirmation from just X to X+Triangle or something. Taking it a step further, there is no usage of Square in the L3 > Touchpad Doodad menu so I would think Reclaim All is better suited in there instead so in order to Reclaim All it would be

L3 > Touch Pad > Square > X+Triangle

Pretty hard to do that shit on accident.
Last edited by Gemini711 on Oct 1, 2023, 12:44:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info