Trade Board Price Fixing OUT OF CONTROL

Anyone else notice that price fixing is completely out of control especially for silver coins? There's literally the same people posting a ton of silver coins for 5/10/15/20 coins then literally refuse to trade at those prices.

You cannot filter out those players from the in game interface, and there's no way to determine which players are the ones listing for a certain price. It's absurd.

There needs to be a limit for incoming trade requests if there's going to be a limit on outgoing trade requests. Literally sitting here with all 10 trade offers stuck because people refuse to accept (or reject) the price they request.
Last edited by sinnerbenkei on Sep 20, 2023, 2:35:10 PM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2023, 11:32:40 AM
Ggg Is protecting them. No one should be anonymous on the trade site. Nor on the trade board. Can't even find and block people since you can not list on the trade site and still show up on the trade board.
Frustrated with it too. Impossible to find real deals when the scammers are flooding the game with fake deals and will never sell.

Doesn't help to ignore them either because ggg don't give a crap about the console market, and the scammers still show up. Same people who have done this for years from what I heard.
Honestly, If they just made the b/o price an instant sell, a lot of the trade market problems would go away. At least with price fixing. Still can't fix the over-inflated pricing on console compared to PC pricing. Would love to just have straight cross-platform trade markets.
I think many people are spamming sanctum where there is no notification for trade and I think many others are simply afk and they let their console to have some offers.

Trading on console need some change, we have a filter for the offline but we should have at least the same filter for afks, a possibility to trade directly in map or in league content or a button to instantly accept offers at every place of the game.

I'm agree with MrJivatma, an instnat sell for the b/o price would be the best solution, simple and allow to avoid scams. Maybe for POE2
With the trade market it is very easy to put Price Fixing on and not know who it is to be able to ignore it.
Alan Leonardo Piovesan
the price fixing is super lame and I wish they would make it instant buy out, because that would put an end to that real quick. "but then people would snipe items listed too cheap and flip" well that requires work by constantly searching and isn't scummy like price fixing.

Basically don't expect to pay the cheapest price and just pay a bit more for the item you want from someone that is actually going to sell it. It will be okay and your build should be stronger and that should be what matters the most.

Best example is the heatshiver, a few people try to hoard those and list them all at like 10c, so everyone thinks it should be a 10c item on console. Just pay the 50c or even 100c for that matter because you're just wasting time worrying about paying the cheapest price. It hardly will matter in the long run if you pay more than you want. yes items are expensive on console but it's also easy to make currency because of that.

I see people complaining almost everyday about the heatshiver lol. Best case is that you find one listed for 10c from someone who got tricked by the price fixing and buy that one. Worst case is you pay more than you'd like to pay and as long as it's not a crazy amount more (like 5 divs or something like that), it will be fine. It's a huge damage boost and you will end up making more currency because now your build has way more damage.

Same here man. Seems like half of all items are “price fix” stupidity. From day one I have been selling stacks of coins for 25-30 c. Now the market is flooded with 5 c stacks that no one ever responds to. I just keep procing my stuff the same. They still sell but at a much slower rate. Went to buy a Writ yesterday. Posted a divine asking price. I offered a divine. Two hours later it was rejected. There has to be a system that bans these people from trade for a period of time for these kinds of manipulations. Set it up like I’m ever other game. Set a buyout price and when that price is honored the sale goes through automatically. It would end this absurdity.
All those 5c deals for 30 silver coins is the work of one price fixer, at least last time I checked. Maybe more have joined him now. What would help tremendously is if deals from ignored users on the trade site would NOT show up on the trade board. That way we as end users can at least filter out the scammers that we know about.

Obviously GGG ought to take these problems far more seriously than they do, but in the meantime, such a solution would at least make a practical difference.
The problem is that most price fixers do it on popular items and 24/7 like it's a job. One can only assume they make money from it which is against TOS, so why is GGG not taking action?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info