Marauder build. Need help.

Hi all. So sorry for my english. I start a marauder character and I could realy use some help I understand some basic mechanics of game so from start of the game I was raising my health and resistances cuz I play alone and iam melee char but I lack of attack speed heavily and dmg is not so good as I expect.

Char lvl 17

My skill gems.

Sweep + life gain on hit (I take it on crow control)
Heavy strike (Using it one everthing else)
Infernal blow (I don't use it very often didnt find it such usefull as it sounds)
Ground Slam (Same situation as ifernal blow)

Passive Tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAHOcg8ETnUFBUSVhjXz9qHmo7e4yMz6gYud3G2OdS7w7yL_ZI

Any advices?
What do ultimately want to end up doing with your Mara? Like, what skills or style do you want to play in the later game? Do you plan on using 1H weapon and shield or 2handed?

Re: Infernal Blow: Only use to to "last hit" an enemy, as he will explode and deal AoE damage to other enemies near by. If they die from the explosion, they also explode. It can do good damage in a clustered group of enemies. It isn't very useful past Normal diff though, or so I am told. In my own build, I replaced it with lightning strike.

Since you are only 17, I would start your Mara over, sorry to say, and not take the + resist nodes past Diamond Skin. Do take Diamond skin though, but you do not need all the individual ones to do well in normal. By the time you make it further, there will be better ones to take that grant resist all.

Don't worry too much about damage buff skills early on, just find/make better weapons. Weapons are your biggest source of damage in normal difficulty.

After you take diamond skin, you can head up one and to the right for Resolute Technique as show here:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAGS4n7VBQVElYY18_cql82YzPrKq53cbY1I_nUu8O8i_2SA==

It sounds crappy to not be able to make critical hits anymore when you take Resolute, but hitting 100% of the time is SO useful, all throughout the game. If you don't have it, you have to put points into dexterity and accuracy nodes to ensure that you still hit enough. For multi-hit skills like cleave, sweep, etc, hitting 100% of the time is great, especially with life on hit/leech or elemental damage.

Until you know what you want your character to end up like though, that is the only basic advice I or most other players can give. Have fun!
Last edited by Halezor on Apr 19, 2013, 9:53:51 AM
OK thanks for advice. My first idea (I forgot to write it) was to make somthink like a berserker if you know what I mean. So I decide to make him on 2H weapons I think maces will be most usefull for that chat or maybe 2H axes. I were playing diablo 2 LOD alot before i found this so i take the resistences nods cuz of habit. So endgame version of this have to be kind of ultimate berserker with 2H weapons. And about starting again... I will try to continue with what I started i could refound some points from it.

Edit: By the way :) iam lvl 20 this time
Last edited by InqisitorCZ on Apr 19, 2013, 11:44:12 AM
"
InqisitorCZ wrote:
OK thanks for advice. My first idea (I forgot to write it) was to make somthink like a berserker if you know what I mean. So I decide to make him on 2H weapons I think maces will be most usefull for that chat or maybe 2H axes. I were playing diablo 2 LOD alot before i found this so i take the resistences nods cuz of habit. So endgame version of this have to be kind of ultimate berserker with 2H weapons. And about starting again... I will try to continue with what I started i could refound some points from it.

Edit: By the way :) iam lvl 20 this time

That is true, you can refund them, but you only get 6 free re-spec points per difficulty. You will find much better benefit from getting rid of them and taking other passive skills early.

I know what you mean about taking resists from D2, but just like D2 and how you won't need them until Nightmare, you will not need that much resist in POE until Cruel, and by then you can get them on gear and get by with the first "Diamond Skin" and then take the second one. I know D2 very well. I played it for years since release. I made a lot of MF Whirlwind Barbarians and a really sick Wind Druid. You will enjoy POE a lot :)
Yeah i think so now i got resolute tech much much better than before now i aim for dmg. And i never realy play kind of berserker before :D this is my first iam kind of fun of rpg games i played tons of them Sacred: Dwarf tank :D Neverwinter nights 1 + all expansions: tons of chars :D played for years Dwarf tank (again) etc.... When i found POE first time i knew from first moment that it will be next game on list

Going to play again thank for advices.

PS: If you want we can have a game. I like coop games much more :D cuz of D2 LOD of course
Sure, my Marauder is Baalerion
OK will add ya after i came back iam gotta go outside for awhile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info