Asking for help with Pohx's RF Jugg - Hit a brick wall

So, I've been following Pohx's guide, and all has been pretty good... but I've hit a wall around T14-T16 maps.

I had been running Malevolence, Purity of Elements, and Determination (and would switch Malevolence for Vitality if needed on a tougher map)

Wellll, then I upgraded a piece or two while very very drunk (stupid reason, but very much true) and, while I boosted my RF dmg considerably, I have now lost the ability to run 3 auras. So, now I'm stuck with just Determination while running RF.

Here is my gear from my profile (DeimosSmasher:) https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Lord_Deimos

And this is my current PoB (you can see I've deviated from Pohx - that was results of my feeling like I was hitting a wall and trying to up damage or anything to get past said wall): https://pobb.in/b2i0Wk3QPilZ

The jewel socket just north of Resolute Technique is giving +12% Inc. Fire Dmg, +3 to fire res, +2 to lightning res, +8 mana, and leads to Burning Bright for 25% burning dmg and 8% inc AOE. This was my biggest deviation from Pohx's guide and I have 4 points in that cluster.

For some reason, it won't let me allocate my ascendancy nodes, but they are the ones in Pohx's guide: Untiring, Unbreakable, Unflinching, and Unyielding.

I really appreciate any of you who take the time to look this over and help me get past this hurdle. Happy exiling! :)

Edit: I also apologize.. I couldn't figure out how to do the gear in pobb, so I just linked to main site.. inconvenient, I know...
I have more battle scars than the number of hairs on your ass!
Time Zone: CST -6 (Texas)
Last bumped on Oct 21, 2023, 9:55:24 PM
Hey Mate,
Just browsing through the Maurader builds and found your post.
I haven't played RF as a Jugg, but have played the Inquisitor variant a few times previously.

I imported your charcter into Path of Building and had a look.
You can do this by entering your name in the import/export tab and importing both passive tree and items/skills. The configuration tab also needs to be setup to match your skills. (you can copy from the POB below)
This is by far the best way to track your progress as the in game tooltip isn't very reliable and won't show buffs from your skills in your hideout that aren't currenty active.

Here's my suggestions from own experience, i'm sure others may be able to offer further insight.

Couple of really easy changes that will have a big impact.
* Gems & Links - details below on getting Auras working, and setting up lifetap in skill links.
* Exposure implict on Gloves - Eater of Worlds (Huge boost) you don't have a source of exposure currently so mastery in skill tree does nothing
* Skill tree - suggestions to improve both DPS, Regen, & Defence

Gems setup.
Get lvl21 Firetrap & RF Gems for significant damage increase
You can level 6 skill gems in your weapon swaps and corrupt at lvl20 for a chance to hit lvl21
I pickup any trash white socket weapons to equip in weapon swap for versatility

You can run all 4 Auras without making any significant changes to your gear by using lifetap for your movement & utility skills, and Arrogance support for Vitality.

Below are just my suggestions, you can set this up any way that works as long as you have lifetap linked to each of theskills that need it. You just need 13 unreserved mana to cast Molten Shell.

Gloves - Aura/AOE
I suggest putting here as you can craft +1 AOE gems on them
Determination
Malevolence
Purity of Elements
Wave of Conviction (Not Aura but has AOE tag) This will give Fire exposure until you get implicit on gloves. Will use the blue socket for skitterbots later.

Weapon - Aura/utility
Vitality - Arrogance (this will reserve some life instead of mana but upside of increased life regen and +1 max res worth the tradeoff)
Blood Rage - (unlinked - level as dex allows) optional

Shield - curse/movement
lifetap - Flamability - Frostblink or Flamedash

Boots - Movement/warcry
Shield charge - faster attacks - lifetap - infernal cry

Keep lifetap at level 1 in all of these setups apart from firetrap and RF. Keep those at 20.It will cost less to use these skills and proc the lifetap bonus much sooner. The bonus is common across all skills with a lifetap gem connected. Right now i'd say this is only procing when you throw traps.

Fire Exposure on Gloves - easiest big increse
Without fire exposure on your gloves you need to use Wave of Conviction.
With the Elementry Mastery on your tree at Divine Judgement you get a minimum of -18% to monster elemental resistances.
Use the lesser Eldritch icors to roll this on your gloves. The value isn't important because of the mastery, but this will provide the sourse to proc.

Skill tree
You have 2 skill points missing - check quest rewards from Acts

Removed Explosive impact added Acrimony - Build scales best with fire damage over time
Removed diamond skin - not needed for res cap
By reserving life for Vitality can allocate +1 all res on Reservation mastery
Added Endurance - +1 max endurance charges adds defence and DPS from Ascendancy.
Bunch of other minor changes - update as you like

General stuff
You don't have an annoint on your amulet
Arsonist is really cheap - verdant, verdant, azure

Once you have a better Amulet you can annoint Charisma (Expensive) and drop Purity of elements and add Tempest Shield for shock immunity & spell block along with Skitterbots for more DPS
After droping Purity of Elements change to upgraded Brine king panthenon for freeze immunity and get ignite avoidance or reduced duration from jewels. (not flask remove burning on use affix will turn off RF)

Look for items with life rolls/regen your lifepool is pretty low.

look for a new belt without the corruption, 40 flat life would serve you better. Can also add fertile catylsts later to improve it further.

Your flasks need improvement - check the guide to see what mods you need.

I've put some suggestions into POB https://pobb.in/_W6enu68JOEl
Use dropdowns to change between current and suggested skils, items, skill tree.

Sorry, my reply got considerably longer than intended.
Hopefully haven't missed anything important or made it too confusing.
Good luck
Last edited by BRDSCH75 on Sep 21, 2023, 10:53:39 PM
as BRD has mentioned...this char is standard n by no means was it cheap meaning gem's and all but here it is ....you will get more damage if you put fire trap in armour and righteous fire in helm here is my pob and items im wearing gl

https://pobb.in/Cu496zveu7uq

IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Thank you all for the replies. Definitely taking it all in. Happy exiling! :)
I have more battle scars than the number of hairs on your ass!
Time Zone: CST -6 (Texas)
I have a friend who is following RF from Pohx, he is not doing Jugg but Inquisitor his account name is fslick you can look into his character, and try to compare some of the things with your build, all of the items he possesses with that character are not very expensive, and he managed to get a very strong character that could even beat me in a 1v1 on my Frost blades raider that is quite a strong character.

If you want you can load it right into PoB, it is not the most helpful thing if you are not very experienced, but hopefully, it helps you at least somewhat.
Hello guys.
"
BRDSCH75 wrote:
Hey Mate,
Just browsing through the Maurader builds and found your post.
I haven't played RF as a Jugg, but have played the Inquisitor variant a few times previously.

I imported your charcter into Path of Building and had a look.
You can do this by entering your name in the import/export tab and importing both passive tree and items/skills. The configuration tab also needs to be setup to match your skills. (you can copy from the POB below)
This is by far the best way to track your progress as the in game tooltip isn't very reliable and won't show buffs from your skills in your hideout that aren't currenty active.

Here's my suggestions from own experience, i'm sure others may be able to offer further insight.

Couple of really easy changes that will have a big impact.
* Gems & Links - details below on getting Auras working, and setting up lifetap in skill links.
* Exposure implict on Gloves - Eater of Worlds (Huge boost) you don't have a source of exposure currently so mastery in skill tree does nothing
* Skill tree - suggestions to improve both DPS, Regen, & Defence

Gems setup.
Get lvl21 Firetrap & RF Gems for significant damage increase
You can level 6 skill gems in your weapon swaps and corrupt at lvl20 for a chance to hit lvl21
I pickup any trash white socket weapons to equip in weapon swap for versatility

You can run all 4 Auras without making any significant changes to your gear by using lifetap for your movement & utility skills, and Arrogance support for Vitality.

Below are just my suggestions, you can set this up any way that works as long as you have lifetap linked to each of theskills that need it. You just need 13 unreserved mana to cast Molten Shell.

Gloves - Aura/AOE
I suggest putting here as you can craft +1 AOE gems on them
Determination
Malevolence
Purity of Elements
Wave of Conviction (Not Aura but has AOE tag) This will give Fire exposure until you get implicit on gloves. Will use the blue socket for skitterbots later.

Weapon - Aura/utility
Vitality - Arrogance (this will reserve some life instead of mana but upside of increased life regen and +1 max res worth the tradeoff)
Blood Rage - (unlinked - level as dex allows) optional

Shield - curse/movement
lifetap - Flamability - Frostblink or Flamedash

Boots - Movement/warcry
Shield charge - faster attacks - lifetap - infernal cry

Keep lifetap at level 1 in all of these setups apart from firetrap and RF. Keep those at 20.It will cost less to use these skills and proc the lifetap bonus much sooner. The bonus is common across all skills with a lifetap gem connected. Right now i'd say this is only procing when you throw traps.

Fire Exposure on Gloves - easiest big increse
Without fire exposure on your gloves you need to use Wave of Conviction.
With the Elementry Mastery on your tree at Divine Judgement you get a minimum of -18% to monster elemental resistances.
Use the lesser Eldritch icors to roll this on your gloves. The value isn't important because of the mastery, but this will provide the sourse to proc.

Skill tree
You have 2 skill points missing - check quest rewards from Acts

Removed Explosive impact added Acrimony - Build scales best with fire damage over time
Removed diamond skin - not needed for res cap
By reserving life for Vitality can allocate +1 all res on Reservation mastery
Added Endurance - +1 max endurance charges adds defence and DPS from Ascendancy.
Bunch of other minor changes - update as you like

General stuff
You don't have an annoint on your amulet
Arsonist is really cheap - verdant, verdant, azure

Once you have a better Amulet you can annoint Charisma (Expensive) and drop Purity of elements and add Tempest Shield for shock immunity & spell block along with Skitterbots for more DPS
After droping Purity of Elements change to upgraded Brine king panthenon for freeze immunity and get ignite avoidance or reduced duration from jewels. (not flask remove burning on use affix will turn off RF)

Look for items with life rolls/regen your lifepool is pretty low.

look for a new belt without the corruption, 40 flat life would serve you better. Can also add fertile catylsts later to improve it further.

Your flasks need improvement - check the guide to see what mods you need.

I've put some suggestions into POB https://pobb.in/_W6enu68JOEl
Use dropdowns to change between current and suggested skils, items, skill tree.

Sorry, my reply got considerably longer than intended.
Hopefully haven't missed anything important or made it too confusing.
Good luck

This is pretty solid advice. Here is upgrade priorities from most important to least important

- Flasks
- Flat Life & Life Regen
- Charisma Anoint for Aura issue
- Wave of conviction --> later on Fire Exposure gloves

Ignore damage for now. Focus on survivability for now, then go for damage after. RF is for trash mob clear while mapping. Rares and bosses will be killed by your fire trap, and fire traps DPS will scale higher than RF will. Eventually you will want RF in a 4 Link, probably a +1 helmet, and fire trap in a 6 link chest piece. If you are playing Juggernaut your goal is to be tanky, not faster kills. If you want higher damage, you should play RF Inquisitor. Plus the survivability from consecrated ground on a Inquisitor just makes life easier, IMO.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info