[3.24] Shockwave Cyclone Build | Champion | Necropolis | Path of Exile 3.24

Hey guys, shockwave cyclone champion build is here. Cyclone is a channeling melee attack skill that rapidly hits all enemies in a circular area around the player. Cyclone gains stages during channeling that increase its base radius. The player can move while channeling Cyclone.

Slayer Version: https://youtu.be/y1fmIyRbNcU?si=DPQ_ZSTyM2KN4P76

Build Cost
- Medium Budget: 20-50 div

Shockwave: Shockwave Support is a support gem that causes the supported attack skill to release a Shockwave on hit, dealing attack damage to enemies around the enemy. It causes the supported skill to be restricted to staves and maces.

Mana: "Socketed Attacks have # to Total Mana Cost" mod on body armour solves the mana problem.

Impale Chance:
- Dread Banner (+40%)
- Cane of Kulemak (+42%)
- Skill tree (+30%)

Forbidden Flame/Flesh: "Impact" from Slayer. You can also go for these mods:
- Headsman (Slayer)
- Bane of Legends (Slayer)
- Arena Challenger (Gladiator)

Lethal Pride: Using it for extra damage mods. Look for these mods:
- 5% chance to deal Double Damage
- 20% increased Melee Damage
- +15% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
- 30% increased Melee Critical Strike Chance

Leveling: Start with ground slam and keep playing until level 68 then switch to cyclone - shockwave setup. Leveling gems and trees are in the video. (Use a two-handed axe while leveling because staff nodes are way up there and all crit related.)

Leveling Uniques:
- Limbsplit (Lvl 13-33) - Reaper's Pursuit (Lvl 33-68)
- Tabula Rasa
- Karui Ward, Daresso's Salute
- Praxis
- Blackheart x2 (Lvl 1-24) - Le Heup of All
- Seven-League Step
- Goldrim
- Lochtonial Caress
- Belt of the Deceiver

PoB: https://pobb.in/X8bJe1ZUanqb

Skill Tree: http://poeurl.com/dSRX

Build Video: https://youtu.be/8NLNhPALH6s

Bandits: Kill All

3.23 CHANGES:
- Cyclone: No longer has "First Hit deals 50% less Damage", "Gain 1 Stage every 0.3-0.2 seconds while Channelling", "Lose 1 Stage every 0.3 seconds while not Channelling, +0.1 metres to radius per Stage, or Maximum 3-6 Stages. It now has 10% increased Area of Effect per 0.1 metre additional Melee Strike Range at all gem levels (previously 8%), and a base radius of 1.6 metres (previously 1.1).
- Gem quality changes.
- Lab enchants are gone.

3.24 CHANGES:
- Instant Skills can no longer be bound to Left-Click. (You can link molten shell with cast when damage taken if you don't wanna manually activate.)

(Footage is from 3.22)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Cyclone - Shockwave - Melee Physical Damage (Awakened) - Infused Channeling - Pulverise - Brutality (Awakened)

Blood and Sand / Flesh and Stone / Pride / Determination / Blood Rage / Molten Shell

Vaal Ancestral Warchief - Maim - Ancestral Protector - Multiple Totems

Leap Slam - Lifetap (Lvl 1) - Assassin's Mark - Mark on Hit

Berserk / Dread Banner - Precision (Lvl 18) - Arrogance
Last edited by wishdropper on Mar 27, 2024, 9:30:28 AM
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2023, 7:30:51 AM
Hey how do you have a curse limit of 2 for your ring and assassins mark?
"
dhise wrote:

His chest
Last edited by willbnu on Sep 7, 2023, 12:35:45 PM
"
dhise wrote:

Anyone else playing this build and feel that it's squishy AF?
Even without the Abyssus. Random 1 shots, and can't take dot dmg at all.
I must be missing something, this is my first league back since Ultimatum.
"
Gulch wrote:

Had this build recommended to a friend. He had random deaths during story progress and constantly during early and mid maps.

To be honest, going thought the build I don't see any defense layer for security besides armor damage reduction. So from my rather inexperienced view it looks like a glass cannon build.

"Maybe" this build would work if you play a different build to level 100 and then switch to this one... but it's a pain (!!!) to level this build beyond level 85 where you start to encounter mobs with one shot potential.

So to everyone who is considering to play this build to level up: just DONT...
"
DerNap wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:

Had this build recommended to a friend. He had random deaths during story progress and constantly during early and mid maps.

To be honest, going thought the build I don't see any defense layer for security besides armor damage reduction. So from my rather inexperienced view it looks like a glass cannon build.

"Maybe" this build would work if you play a different build to level 100 and then switch to this one... but it's a pain (!!!) to level this build beyond level 85 where you start to encounter mobs with one shot potential.

So to everyone who is considering to play this build to level up: just DONT...

Yeah I'm not new to cyclone slayer/champion, but this version of it just seems like it's glass cannon as you say.
I'm level 90, and still get insta'd randomly with or without the abyssus.
Granted, like I said above I don't have ALL the same things the OP has but those things are just more damage.
The Champion version needs Rage for Berserk. Where does it come from?

Dirk

aah i see
Last edited by Donnergottl on Sep 12, 2023, 2:27:21 AM
"
Gulch wrote:
"
dhise wrote:

same here.
i blame the current state of melee that is lackluster for years now.
IGN:MuaddDibb
This build didnt work for me, way too squishy and the damage was meh without investing tons into it. Which is a shame.
I did this build. She is very expensive (30-40div to get good), she is good at everything but not great at anything. Its very squishy (melee cyclone squishy, its meme right?), you get one shotted frequently (What cannot happen in heists, for example).
You often die while placing totems.

I dont recommend this build for those who want to do specific content on POE. If you want to run maps (and get killed without know why), it's a good build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info