little discussion about campaign skip

now that we know poe 2 is a completly seperate game from poe 1, i do think we are now at the point where we can have a campaign skip, chris not so long talked about a skip and we shall wait till poe 2, play that campaign, and then we dont want a skip anymore, or atleast something to that extend as i cant remember his exact words anylonger, anyway, now with them being totaly two seperate products i do think now is the perfect time to implement it as there is nolonger poe2 will fix X or Y

Last bumped on Mar 13, 2024, 5:03:47 PM
Why?

D4 has campaign skip and you just sort of runaround and kill random things until you are ready to clear the capstone dungeon to change world tiers. It’s roughly the same amount of time as the campaign.

May as well ask to start at level 70 and play the game from there, same result.
"
cacmeister wrote:
Why?

D4 has campaign skip and you just sort of runaround and kill random things until you are ready to clear the capstone dungeon to change world tiers. It’s roughly the same amount of time as the campaign.

YES! this is all i want, give me shitty gear that will let me kinda run maps and start me at level 70, this is all I want from seasons.

Leave the campaign for hardcore or race-specific leagues, or give those of us who'd prefer to skip the campaign/early leveling a separate league. Probably orders of magnitude more people want to skip campaign/leveling than want ruthless.
"
PantheraOnca wrote:
"
cacmeister wrote:
Why?

YES! this is all i want, give me shitty gear that will let me kinda run maps and start me at level 70, this is all I want from seasons.

Leave the campaign for hardcore or race-specific leagues, or give those of us who'd prefer to skip the campaign/early leveling a separate league. Probably orders of magnitude more people want to skip campaign/leveling than want ruthless.

you prob playing a wrong game mate
After thinking a out it a lot I think the best solution would actually be:

1. Unlock a class for level 68 with reasonable gear as soon as you finished campaign once with that class

2. To counteract: give bonus for playing the campaign nevertheless (better drops, why to guarantee 1 divine orb on finishing Kitava or so?)
I really don't understand the NEED for a campaign skip.
Sure, the campaign is a bit clunky.
Especially Act 10, but that's just 1 act.
And you need to lvl regardless.
You're always going to have bad drops during lvling.
If it's repetition, endgame has way more repetition than the campaign.
"
RealRoodvlees wrote:
I really don't understand the NEED for a campaign skip.
Sure, the campaign is a bit clunky.
Especially Act 10, but that's just 1 act.
And you need to lvl regardless.
You're always going to have bad drops during lvling.
If it's repetition, endgame has way more repetition than the campaign.

My thoughts, too.
I have acts I don't like, too. Never been a fan of 5 (10, on the other hand, is OK) and 9 is also... meh.
Skipping the campaign and then what?
Go mapping without gear? That sounds enjoyable.

"
navigator4223 wrote:

1. Unlock a class for level 68 with reasonable gear as soon as you finished campaign once with that class
2. To counteract: give bonus for playing the campaign nevertheless (better drops, why to guarantee 1 divine orb on finishing Kitava or so?)

While 1. makes the whole thing more feasible, now we've gone from "skip campaign" to "gift me a character with gear". What is reasonable gear?

As for 2. - well, yes, that might work. However, MOST stuff that can drop during the campaign isn't anything you'd want to keep for later.
IF those few things that can drop during acts and will be usful until at least late yellow maps dropped more quite frequently to incentivize playing the campaign, we would have:
* outrage that playing the campaign is not optional after all
* people ONLY playing camapaign and getting an edge on the market (if they choose not to play SSF - and even then, migrating characters is a thing)
*... probably other consequences I can't think of now.

Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I would be happy if there would be a few alternatives to running the campaign again, like Endless Delve.

they can make delve without the sulphite again like the league. that way ppl can lvl in there untill maps.
and for those who love delving they can just stay there... forever.
More options can only be a good thing.

Why so closed minded all of you against another leveling option?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info