wait so does this mean poe 2 dont have endgame?

PoE 2 is different game right? so there wont be atlas maps? and pinacle bosses and delve/heist/etc? becuz thats clearly in PoE 1 so in PoE 2 they will be adding now new content every league aswell but then PoE 2 is only now campaign with nothing else to do? am i understanding this right
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2024, 10:19:08 AM
Closed beta is still under a year away, so there is a lot more stuff to reveal. I don't think even all acts are completed yet? So we just need to be patient. Not productive to jump to conclusions just yet.
https://pathofexile2.com/

"At the conclusion of Path of Exile 2's six-act campaign, you'll gain access to its endgame. Each of the more than 100 endgame maps has its own boss fight and modifiers that enable revamped versions of many of Path of Exile's past leagues. We'll reveal more details of the surprises that await you in Path of Exile 2's endgame in the leadup to release."

They did need to grapple with 'the D4 problem' somehow. Well allegedly that game has multiple problems but the one I'm referencing here is the problem where they made a billion dollar game with a 500 person studio and have an end-game that doesn't compare favorably with its competition.

Funnily enough, PoE2 end game will be competing with PoE1's end game, so they had to figure out something other than launching with a barebones atlas map system.
If they have mapping then we don't need to worry. It should be safe to assume they will either have the good old league mechanics or something new and better, given that 90%+ of GGG have been working on it.
Last edited by Audiska on Jul 29, 2023, 8:52:24 AM
I really hope there will be similar endgame content in PoE2 as Delve in PoE. I'd even be happy if they adopted Delve in exactly the same way, because it was the incentive for me to start every League all over again. Infinite scaling content like you won't find in any other game. Certainly Delve is not everybody's cup of tea. But PoE, in my opinion, had something for most people who find mapping too boring in the long run. And I hope that will be the case in PoE2 right from the start.
Poe1 also didn't really had any real endgame on it's release hoho
Going to be a few years and leagues till PoE2 is just as rich in content as the current PoE.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 11, 2024, 1:12:16 AM
Of course it will have endgame. Please, people need to think before posting. You really think they're allocating all these resources just to make another game that offers nothing but a new campaign?
It's crazy that people will rather open a thread than do a quick google search. Such powerful tools for research at the tip of our fingers, yet we refuse to use them..
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Maps maps and more maps is your end game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info