Turning old auras on / off?

Just curious if this will ever be an option? Some of the auras looked really good and having 6+ auras is very satisfying for the eye.

So, will this - some day - be an option? I watched the interview where a GGG-dev said they want to keep the game clean (no numbers of damage e.g.), but for us with computers that surely could handle it and want a pretty experience I think there should be an option.

And since they've already been in the game it shouldn't be anything new to implement, just an on / off switch.

Cheers!
Tvätta dina händer i min stjärt
Last edited by Zelvas on Apr 17, 2013, 5:28:05 PM
The auras were changed because they were visually obnoxious as well as laggy. I know there are some players on here that are bad and its understandable. Auras moved from the front seat of effects to the back back seat. However thats how we want it. Crazy warcraft auras will probably be available later in the microstore or something. However its not how we want PoE to look by default.

I love vampiric aura for example

The cool thing with the new auras is if we decide to bring out aura micro transactions you will actually be able to see them. Instead of them just sinking into the glow of your other auras. This actually giving you a customizable look. Also if players arnt happy with just that they can go grab the rest of the huge glow auras and run round as a blob of additive mush :P However that would be their choice.

*edit* No this wasn't the plan all along. Iv been reading reading the feedback and its quite clear people would be keen on some over the top auras. Originally I thought it was a silly idea to have micro transaction auras and no one would be interested.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
As I can see GGG will never make any built-in options that are connected with fundamental visual changes. These "changes" could be bought only at microstore. And it's good for new players who could feel the spirit of exilement and loneliness. If you want to look like a clown - pay.
Слава Україні!
"
Russell wrote:
The auras were changed because they were visually obnoxious as well as laggy. I know there are some players on here that are bad and its understandable. Auras moved from the front seat of effects to the back back seat. However thats how we want it. Crazy warcraft auras will probably be available later in the microstore or something. However its not how we want PoE to look by default.

Spoiler

The cool thing with the new auras is if we decide to bring out aura micro transactions you will actually be able to see them. Instead of them just sinking into the glow of your other auras. This actually giving you a customizable look. Also if players arnt happy with just that they can go grab the rest of the huge glow auras and run round as a blob of additive mush :P However that would be their choice.

*edit* No this wasn't the plan all along. Iv been reading reading the feedback and its quite clear people would be keen on some over the top auras. Originally I thought it was a silly idea to have micro transaction auras and no one would be interested.

I think this might backfire a bit. I mean, some people think you took something away from them. Then you offer it for money. Seems a little.. I don't know.. mean and money-grabbing xD
I mean if you can do it to auras, what else will you do it to?

Why don't you just stick to your ideas? You have to remember that every player here agreed to play beta and you have the right to change stuff. Just stick to what you think and be tough! I really can't imagine what this game will end up being if you bend to every crybaby out there :/ Be strong!
The only thing that would make me "ACCEPT" auras thats over the top micros would only be shown for the current owner.

I hated when i had my 7 auras on my characters, i hated when others had it aswell. Good thing that those i play with usaly likes the darker route / nOn disco ball route aswell.

But as always It's opinons. But as always, you cant make every one happy. But with micros.. you kinda can.

But like Antistes kinda have a point. Some takes game stuff like this waaaay to serrious and feels like its personal. Not that you changed the auras, that you would add micros to it ofcurse.

But i would've gladly payed for more n0n disco auras, if that would be the case.
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
Last edited by Xpire on Apr 18, 2013, 10:16:27 AM
"
Antistes wrote:
"
Russell wrote:

Spoiler

I think this might backfire a bit. I mean, some people think you took something away from them. Then you offer it for money. Seems a little.. I don't know.. mean and money-grabbing xD
I mean if you can do it to auras, what else will you do it to?

Man I hate agreeing with your cheerleader... but she's right.

It's frankly a Dick move, to NOT give the graphics option that a that so many of us are asking for... and then say, "Oh you can have the cool aura's back for 60 points ($6) a piece!"

So I guess this was the answer everyones been waiting for?
Hiding behind some lame excuse about wanting a lack luster default look, and then make us pay to get the cool looking aura's back.

If you're not gonna do the right thing and give us the graphics option, then don't make it look worse by holding them for ransom.
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_
This game is free and thus I'm 100% fine with microtransactions.

However, providing an option (e.g., the original auras which looked better and ran just fine on my machine) and then removing it only to add it later as a paid feature? You've got to be kidding me.
From my point of view the new auras are better than the old ones and if they took away the pants from the very rare templar armour that covers legs and then put them in the store as a microtransaction, I would still be fine with it.
✠ ✠
"
wiggin wrote:
From my point of view the new auras are better than the old ones and if they took away the pants from the very rare templar armour that covers legs and then put them in the store as a microtransaction, I would still be fine with it.

Just because you like the new auras, that doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't have a client side graphics option so we can choose the old auras we like.
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_
Because it costs them.
✠ ✠

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info