Eldritch pinnacle bosses, can we see the upgrade?

Hi all.

I have already raised this issue, but in a slightly different context, but, unfortunately, I did not see any significant changes. Yes, Nimis rings were nerfed. But this is not a solution, but an indirect consequence.

I would like to ask a question: Why do need Eldritch Pinnacle bosses in the game, except for the sake of getting quest atlas points, voidstones and racing?

I honestly don't understand why in a game with such a rich and exciting lore, such beautiful bosses, and a lot of build-building POTENTIAL, you so diligently overlook bosskilling gameplay. It's incomprehensible. I understand that almost all forces are thrown on poe 2 and I respect that. But I would like to see the positive aspects of the changes already now.

I will explain the reason for my indignation.

Black Star and Infinite Hunger.
If the former can offer a strong ring, and an amulet with the popular Culling effect at 15% life, then her counterpart can only offer Corrosion Gloves, unpopular due to archetype problems. And both of them are united by the fact that there is no loot. You can run through 10 invitations and take out only 2-3 unique items and 2-3 Eldritch currencies from there. Often there is nothing on the floor except rare items that drop everywhere. And this despite the fact that the fight with them is available only once in 28 maps (taking into mind the cycle).

Eater and Exarch. Like the previous pair, these bosses are guaranteed to appear (unless you fail the last map) at the end of a cycle of 24 maps. But what awaits us? A guaranteed unique item that will be something that has no uses (Bow and Boots from the Eater), or surprisingly popular unique items, provided a good roll (Exarch). Honestly? Not really. What about more valuable unique items? Yes, the chance of getting is about 1-2%. 1 out of 100 or 100 out of 10,000, as you're lucky. Have you already imagined how players run 1200 maps to complete 50 cycles of receiving invitations to the boss and gamble their 1-2%? I imagine, because almost 100 bosses I have not seen the amulet (and this is far from a record). Omniscience, even after the nerf, is a popular archetype and extremely powerful compared to more classic builds. Ashes, in turn, indulges the culture of auras stacking (which was fought during the days of heralds/auras stacking). Extremely powerful items that have no equal are doomed to be in demand. But the very fact that they are available only with great luck or reprofiling into a boss killer turns this fragment of the game into a coin toss every 24 maps in the hope that it will finally fall on its edge. No sense of progress, no purposeful way to increase your chances, just desperation.

About Forbidden Jewels... It's sad to realize that a very cool character upgrade concept was not perfected and left as it is. Thousands are rotting on the trade, no one needs weak ascendances, while the strongest are available only to farm machines. Hello to the guys on the SSF, and to those who want to get upgrades themselves, and not buy everything ready-made, buying game progress.

This situation has been around for a long time, and everyone seems to be happy with it. But this is only because no one saw alternatives, or for some reason did not implement them.

My feedback on this situation:
it's sad, and disappointing. It's can be done better for everyone.

My suggestions.

Guardians.
Just add at least some good uniques to their droprate. And also, like other guardians, the generation of access to his boss. Chance to drop a whole invitation, its fragment, or a Divination card (so as not to add shards). And make Infinite Hunger swamp more friendly to builds without regen.And a more readable template for where to go, given that every second counts.

Cycles of receiving Invitations. Passive skill in the Atlas tree, 10% chance to double progress, on average reduces the map cycle from 24 to 22. At the same time, this chance cannot work on maps 11 and 23, because it will skip the map where the invitation is located. This cycle can be improved if the filling of the scale becomes associated with killing the corresponding Eldritch mobs. This will eliminate the archetype of builds that just run to the boss and exit the map. It will also encourage those who increase the difficulty of passing the map by increasing the pack size. The function of counting killed monsters is already in the game, so why not count monsters with the right tag?

Amulets and their rarity. Alternative amulets of comparable power. And increased drop rate by adding the "kill the guardian, get an increased chance of success in the next battle" mechanic. Simply.

Forbidden Jewels.
149 Ascendancy options available, with a drop rate of 1 Jewel per 7 invites. The chance to get the necessary / useful is extremely ghostly. But you can do it in an interesting way. Instead of dropping Forbidden, you can add an Empty Forbidden Jewel drop that cannot be exchanged. The idea is simple. The player himself will choose what kind of ascent he wants to see on this jewel, but this jewel must be filled with the "power" of the boss. After that it becomes bound to the account/character. Or at any time it can be exchanged with the vendor for a random Forbidden Jewel. If you set reasonable requirements depending on the strength of the selected ascendancy (because it will be unpleasant if unpopular ascendances are more difficult to obtain than the strongest ones), then each motivated player will be able to get his upgrade on his own for a conditional 500-800 cleared maps (5-7 bosses to find jewel and 5-20 to fill it). "Time is money" players will still be able to trade from randomly obtained jewels.
my hideouts - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3228515
Last edited by moonretealoud on Jun 7, 2023, 12:29:01 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2023, 12:26:41 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info