[3.21] THE SPIRIT STACKER | 22 Perma Spirit Charges | 100% Deli Maps | Melt Uber Bosses | EK

Hello!
Welcome to the Spirit (charge) Stacker guide.
With this build we are able to keep up all of the Spirit Charges we generate--thanks to Lightpoacher--by never dropping them and making it so Spirit Burst can never proc regardless of what skill we are using.

How the build works:

Lightpoacher is a very cool helmet with a unique mechanic:

"
+1 to Maximum Spirit Charges per Abyss Jewel affecting you
Gain a Spirit Charge on Kill

and

"
Gain 5% of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of each Element per Spirit Charge

It is apparent how strong this would be, as stacking abyss jewels--and thus Spirit Charges--would give us an enormous damage boost.

The downside of the helmet is that you
"
Trigger Level 20 Spirit Burst when you Use a Skill while you have a Spirit Charge
, making it so every time you use a skill you lose a Spirit Charge. This would pretty much kill the build when it comes to doing uber bosses.

However, there is a way to make it so we never proc Spirit Burst.

1) We put Archmage support in Lightpoacher, to give a mana cost to Spirit Burst.
2) We allocate The Agnostic with a bit of life reserved, so that our mana keeps being drained to 0 and Spirit Burst cannot proc.
3) We reduce the mana cost of Ethereal Knives to 0, so we can cast it.

This way, as long as we get a kill at least once for the duration of our Spirit Charges (every 20 seconds because of the Charge Duration mastery), we keep our maximum Spirit Charges!

We then use Writhing Jar with Pathfinder with Scion so we can spam Writhing Jar on uber bosses or whenever we want to, to make sure we keep our Spirit Charges.

Build showcase and in-depth video

https://youtu.be/tas-LR5k2HE

This video contains the build showcase and goes in more detail regarding everything. You can skip to the timestamps.

Pros and cons

Pros:

- Insane scaling and DPS (you can go over 150+ million Shaper DPS with Ethereal Knives)
- Very fast map clearing, one-tap everything (as shown in the video)
- Can do 100% delirious maps
- Can do uber bosses
- Smooth gameplay: do not have to aim, AoE Ethereal Knives makes it so you can kill stuff without looking at it
- 2 buttons to press only: Ethereal Knives, Writhing Jar
- No investment in mana because everything you cast costs 0 mana
- Can do cannot regen and cannot leech maps
- Good return on investment for what the build can do (<100 divines)
- Do not need MTX, full abyss set = coolest looking non-MTX set in the game
- Character looks like a Christmas tree

Cons:

- Squishy: while we have decent HP, there is not a good defense mechanic in the build. Kill them before they kill you, offense is the best defense of this build, as shown in the video
- Cannot do elemental reflect or physical reflect maps, unless you have a node on the shield that reduces reflect damage taken, and reduced flask charges gained maps with Wandering Path can be annoying
- Have to use Writhing Jar at least every 20 seconds to maintain Spirit Charges during uber bosses, not a big deal but might be tedious for some people

Gear, gems, flasks and abyss jewels

Helmet

Lightpoacher is mandatory.

Enchant can be related to any physical spell you want to use, and you can get it with any elemental leeched as life corruption. It is not needed, but if you do not get leech on the helmet, you want to get it with Doryani’s Lesson notable from a cluster jewel instead.

Gems in the helmet are Archmage support and Herald of Ice.

Helmet price: 2 divines (this went up since making the video)

Body Armour

Shroud of the Lightless is mandatory.

This body armour is insane. With 22 abyss jewels, it gives us 66% increased maximum life and 88% elemental penetration.
Try to get it with 3 jewel sockets.

Gems in the body armour Flame Dash and Divergent Inspiration 20/23--you can use Lifetap as well. Then, Portal for mapping, or Sniper's Mark for bossing.

Body Armour price: 8 divines (the body armour has now tripled in price, but you can grab a 2-socket Shroud for 20c)

Gloves

Command of the Pit gives us Arcane Surge on hit and 2 jewel sockets.

Try to get one with a useful corruption, like critical strike chance for spells, elemental weakness, +1 to maximum frenzy charges, cast speed, or maximum life.

Gems in the gloves are Herald of Ash and Arrogance support. As you are low life with the low life mastery, make sure to reserve less than 45% of your life.

Gloves price: 1 divine (this went up since making the video)

Boots

Bubonic trail is BiS.

These boots give us 2 jewel sockets, speed, and reservation efficiency.

Gems in the boots are Petrified Blood and Haste.

Boots price: 100 chaos (this went up since making the video)

Weapon

Any one-handed weapon with support gems for your main spell.

Try to get at least critical strikes support and/or critical damage support, if not both. You can socket the missing support gem instead of Cruelty.
40% more spell damage is mandatory.
+2 to level of socketed support gems for Empower.

For the Crucible tree, +2 to level of socketed spell gems is mandatory.
Try to get another support gem in the Crucible tree, such as Arcane Surge, Faster Casting, Culling Strikes, or Faster Projectiles.
Mine has Arcane Surge, and the more spell damage given by Arcane Surge will apply as we always have it up thanks to our gloves.

Gems in the weapon are Ethereal Knives, Divergent Inspiration, and level 4 Empower.

If you want to know how to craft a similar weapon, I have a crafting guide in this video: https://youtu.be/tas-LR5k2HE?t=1530

Weapon price: 20 divines (this went up since making the video)

Shield

The Squire is mandatory.

Gems in the shield are Power Charge on Critical Strike, Awakened Chain (for clear)/Awakened Spell Echo (for uber bosses), and Divergent Trinity (for clear)/Divergent Pierce (for uber bosses, as we swap to Nimis).

Shield price: 24 divines

Rings

1 rare rings with life, resistances if needed, and strength. Make sure your resistances and strength are capped with this, but your resistances should already be capped.
Optional: critical strike multiplier, cast speed, and/or life on hit with spells.

The ring needs to have a free prefix to be able to craft 5% reduced mana cost of skills.

Death Rush while mapping gives us insane clear speed, as adrenaline is a huge buff.

Nimis while bossing can effectively double our damage. Because EK has so many projectiles, if you position correctly you will consistently hit the boss.

Rings price: 6 divines for the rare ring, 90c for Death rush, 2 divines for Nimis

Amulet

+ to level of our main skill is good to get.
Try to get it with critical strike multiplier, critical strike chance, and/or cast speed.

The amulet needs to be annointed with Tireless (6% reduced cost), and you can craft +1 to Minimum Frenzy Charges on it. Inner Conviction prevents us from gaining frenzy charges, so Minimum Frenzy Charges is really good.

Amulet price: 12 divines

Belt

Darkness Enthrones is a good choice.
Try to get it with a good roll.

Belt price: 40 chaos (this went up since making the video)

Flasks

Writhing Jar is mandatory for uber bosses, but I also like to keep it for mapping. The ability to use this whenever ensures that in waiting time I can keep my charges up (charging Crucible, activating Harvest, etc.). With that said, our charges last 20 seconds because of the '100% increased Charge Duration' charge mastery, so you will not need to use it often.
Alternatively you can replace it for a life flask while mapping.

Bismuth flask with 25% reduced mana cost craft and 25% increased effect is mandatory.
Make sure that it is enchanted with 'used at the end of this flask's effect'. This will guarantee that it has 100% uptime (further detail explained in the video).

Quicksilver flask is heavily suggested. Make sure to have reduced charges used or increased charge recovery for maximum uptime. The suffix can be movement speed or reduced curse effect on you.
You can replace this for a life flask during uber bosses.

Diamond flask with elemental resistances suffix. This adds damage and caps our resistances.
Make sure that it is enchanted with 'used at the end of this flask's effect'.

Onslaught flask with reduced effect of curses on you suffix for quality of life.

Abyss jewels

For abyss jewels, the priority is:
critical strike multiplier, life, cast speed on crit > cast speed > added physical damage to spells.

Abyss jewels price: 30-50 chaos
Total abyss jewels price: 600 chaos

The prices of these jewels went up since making the video, but there is a crafting guide in the video.

You also want a unique abyss jewel

and a magic abyss jewel for Bubonic Trail.

Tree and jewels

Tree

We grab Assassin in the ascendancy to get crit chance and Elusive, and to connect to Shadow.
We also get Pathfinder to sustain our flasks, and the Bismuth and Diamond at all times.

We grab all the jewel sockets we can.
We get damage, life and crit in the Shadow area, we get the Careful Conservationist flask wheel, and socket Militant Faith.
This gives us 110 devotion, which solves the issue of mana cost and gives us damage. We also get Inner Conviction.
We get the life recoup wheel in the range of Militant Faith, to offset the damage over time part of Petrified Blood.
We path to the upper area of the tree, and grab Power Charges, crit, and life along the way.
We go all the way to The Agnostic.
We grab Pain Attunement.

Jewels

We use Sublime Vision with Haste.
This gives us action speed, which is great.

For cluster jewels, you want 8 max nodes large jewels to increase the amount of jewel sockets you can have.
Cluster jewels with Sadist for damage + Prismatic Heart to help us cap resistances are a great choice. Make sure to have Doryani's Lesson for leech if you do not have it on the helmet.
Alternatively, physical cluster jewels with Force Multiplier are good too.

Militant Faith of High Templar Dominus gives us Inner Conviction.
Make sure this jewel has % reduced mana cost, and that it does not change any notable.

PoB

I left Spicysushi's wand in the PoB that you can swap in if you want to see how it would be with a mirrored item.
You can also replace the Onslaught flask for Progenesis if you want more tankiness.

Current level 98 PoB with clear setup (Death Rush): https://pobb.in/40dtZzIaXgxi
Current level 98 PoB with Uber boss setup (Nimis + Sniper's Mark, damage is doubled because of Nimis): https://pobb.in/GIuF4oNzIaoK

Old PoB

Total price for the current PoB is just under 90 divines.
Current level 94 PoB: https://pobb.in/pEewyaP-UgES

Level 100 PoB with mirrored weapon and EK: https://pobb.in/hTym4TmaEMwG

Level 100 PoB with mirrored weapon and EK, but with Pain Attunement, Sublime Vision, and Petrified Blood with Life Recoup: https://pobb.in/ADghCnKIuv0O

Level 100 PoB with mirrored weapon and EK, but allocating Pathfinder and using Inner Conviction with Militant Faith for those that want to use that option instead of using Frenzy Charges with Unleashed Potential and The Traitor with Brutal Restraint: https://pobb.in/xcOgl_XirXXs

370 million Shaper DPS PoB Inquisitor with Purifying Flame (have not tested this): https://pobb.in/MZRlX6RFhbyC

I often play new builds live on my stream if you want to check them out, and you can drop by my stream any time you want to ask questions :)
https://www.twitch.tv/maude034
(Wednesday to Saturday, 5 PM CEST, Sunday sometimes)
Last edited by Maude034 on Jun 26, 2023, 6:32:45 PM
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2024, 3:58:11 AM
Very cool looking build. Following this closely, and hoping there's potential for a 3.22 league starter!
Wow, great idea. I will surely check it next league, but how does it work on lower budget? Is is usable or better start something else until I farm that 90 divs?
Last edited by Melnevacor on Jun 16, 2023, 7:32:03 AM
"
Melnevacor wrote:
how does it work on lower budget? Is is usable or better start something else until I farm that 90 divs?

I just updated my build. For a lower budget, you can use a staff, a 2-socket Shroud, and 1-socket abyss gear. You can also use blue jewels to start with and upgrade over time. The important parts are Lightpoacher and stacking as many abyss jewels as possible.
Ah, I'm very happy there's a forum thread for this, and I hope a few other people pick this up. Assuming it still works & fits in OK with next league, I'm going to play it. I shall copy/paste a comment I made on the youtube video as I'm not sure which is most likely to be read:

"
Pretty tempted to do this next league, so many interactions I've not used before. I don't know how Scion's ascendancies work - do we need Path of the Shadow with this new tree? Three passives obviously nice, but is it the best?

How do we deal with reflect?

And what do you suggest as a spell alongside Annihilating Light?

I see there's a reply to 2nd already in the guide.

I am ready for some Christmas tree gameplay.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 5, 2023, 3:24:31 PM
Replies from Youtube -

Ascendancy: POB is hard to read, it's meant to be Pathfinder + Assassin

Reflect: we die

Annihilating light: Storm Burst, or Divine Ire and Wave of Conviction
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 6, 2023, 10:06:57 AM
Just a note: your "Build Showcase" YoUTube link currently links to your Spell Flicker Bodyswap build, not this Spirit Charge build.
Could this build somewhat work with physical attacks too? Something like lightning arrow?

Or is it too hard to get decent base damage with a bow for example?

(I have never played a bow build, so no idea how to scale them)
Will this still be viable in 3.22?
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
Does this build still work? and did it get any updates with the new league stuff?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info