BB Code in Signatures

Spoiler
Okay so I was thinking maybe I should put this in Off-topic but it kinda does relate to PoE... well at least the boards anyway. If it fits better in Off-topic can one of you mods pretty please move it?

Oh and the reason this is not under suggestions is because it clearly states "Gameplay" which this is not

Would it be possible to enable BBcode for forums signatures please? Seeing as it is just text, which I am totally cool with, it would be nice to be able to make things bold/italic/underlined.

Really it shouldn't take that much time to do. So.. please?
(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.·-Characters-·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)
Alizah - Ranger - (Bow)
Zelkova - Duelist - (Sword+Shield)
(¯`·._.·---------------------------·._.·´¯)
Last edited by Sk3ith on May 30, 2012, 11:23:43 AM
I believe the main reasons for disabling BB code in sigs is to prevent the use of [IMG] and [URL] tags. Pics clutter the forum and external links can be bad business. I don't know how complex it would be to disable certain tags, since this isn't a standard vB or phpBB forum.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
I am very well aware of that, but there are already URLs in the signatures, just look at yours.

I am quite sure it is easy enough to disable certain tags as I have a web design/mod/admin background. Not to try sound like a "know-it-all" I am just stating for the others like you who perhaps wouldn't know.

So... yay or nay for allowing the simple text formatting BBcode?
Alizah - Ranger - (Bow)
I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it may be more time-consuming to code into the forum software than what one may think. Instead of taking the time to selectively disable things, they chose to simply disable all BB code. That implies that individual options may not be available yet.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Hrmm.. All right then :)
At a later stage once the game is released or is close to release then.

Nothing major :D just something that would of been nice to have.
Alizah - Ranger - (Bow)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info