Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

How Delve Rankings By Class/Depth Became My Endgame

Farming currency, completing challenges, and crafting are end-game activities that quickly became boring for me.

I appreciate the rankings listed for Diablo 3 players because it's something that actually motivates people to compete with each other in a challenging way. The objective in D3 becomes who can kill many tough enemies the quickest. The competition is aimed at confirming who is the better player instead of who has the nicest gear or most currency. I think either ambition is vainglorious, but I find most enduring intrinsic value in the former, in competition of skill.

TLDR
: PoE's delve seems to give the best chance at creating a type of leaderboard per class/ascendancy, and it has been incredibly motivating for me. Delving has forced me to constantly reevaluate my build, items, and gameplay mechanics--in other, words to improve as a player--so PoE became subsequently more enjoyable in its endgame. Unfortunately, there isn't any other endgame activity that offers increasingly difficult encounters like Delve.

I hope maybe you consider delving too if you're bored with whatever you're doing now lol.
Last bumped on Jun 1, 2023, 6:56:16 AM
Kopo and you will get along then.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Yee, I would like to deep delve too one day after I explore enough builds and see what feels comfiest.
witch enthusiast, send occ/ele/necro builds
What constitutes deep delving btw? I saw some popups about some punk getting to level 1250 or something like that, solo, in the PS4/5 sphere.

Meanwhile, puny little me is around 150, but thoroughly enjoying it. Lots of Vaal cities and a few boss fights. Don't know when I'll start dying too regularly, but at monster level 83 (T16 maps) it has been viable.
"
HwtChirino wrote:
Farming currency, completing challenges, and crafting are end-game activities that quickly became boring for me.

I appreciate the rankings listed for Diablo 3 players because it's something that actually motivates people to compete with each other in a challenging way. The objective in D3 becomes who can kill many tough enemies the quickest. The competition is aimed at confirming who is the better player instead of who has the nicest gear or most currency. I think either ambition is vainglorious, but I find most enduring intrinsic value in the former, in competition of skill.

TLDR
: PoE's delve seems to give the best chance at creating a type of leaderboard per class/ascendancy, and it has been incredibly motivating for me. Delving has forced me to constantly reevaluate my build, items, and gameplay mechanics--in other, words to improve as a player--so PoE became subsequently more enjoyable in its endgame. Unfortunately, there isn't any other endgame activity that offers increasingly difficult encounters like Delve.

I hope maybe you consider delving too if you're bored with whatever you're doing now lol.

I am in the same boat as you. I used to play D3 competitively via solo and group leaderboards. Coming to POE delve was the way of showcasing the one's ability to overcome sandbox obstacles in a competitive manner. In the beginning delve was full of cheese invulnerable or equivalent builds. I hit world first 10,000 depth using vaal IC back in the day.

That however gave me little joy as there was no skill involved.

The next 10,000 depths though was tremendously fun and challenging. The lack of invincibility, mods appearing past 6,000 and archnemesis mods made delve a truly enjoyable and challenging experience.

I now look towards D4 for the next challenge.

"
Pangaearocks wrote:
What constitutes deep delving btw? I saw some popups about some punk getting to level 1250 or something like that, solo, in the PS4/5 sphere.

Meanwhile, puny little me is around 150, but thoroughly enjoying it. Lots of Vaal cities and a few boss fights. Don't know when I'll start dying too regularly, but at monster level 83 (T16 maps) it has been viable.

Players are considered to have "beaten" delve at Depth 6,000 as enemy life and damage mods stop scaling from there.
Delve is actually really amazing content when comparing to pretty much any other league mechanic. The experience is nice. You can choose your own way and difficulty. Even the drops are great.

I actually reached level 100 the first time ever (started poe in 2013) just recently and delve was a big part of it.
"
DAKKONx wrote:

Players are considered to have "beaten" delve at Depth 6,000 as enemy life and damage mods stop scaling from there.

Oh my... that sure is deep! Aren't enemies buffed to the gills that deep, possibly one-shotting you left, right and centre? I remember seeing some videos back during the league itself, and it looks nuts way deep. Any mistake in the group, and they fell like dominoes. And this is solo :o

Probably takes obscene amounts of sulphite to progress too?
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
"
DAKKONx wrote:

Oh my... that sure is deep! Aren't enemies buffed to the gills that deep, possibly one-shotting you left, right and centre? I remember seeing some videos back during the league itself, and it looks nuts way deep. Any mistake in the group, and they fell like dominoes. And this is solo :o

Probably takes obscene amounts of sulphite to progress too?

POEWiki has it that at Delve Depth 6,000

More Monster Life = 767
More Monster Damage = 69,084

1 shots are aplenty at those levels even with obscene amounts of EHP due to the damage scaling. Mobs have so much life with the pinnacle being 4x Essence Mob with Soul Eater. Literally impossible to kill.

Sulphite wise its alot easier and cheaper to obtain sulphite today then it was during the league itself. At it's peak it cost me 1 exalted orb (equal to 1 divine today) for 0.7 gilded sulphite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info