Kiting mobs and possible solutions

Like alot of action rpg games, the problem with kiting mobs is apparent and makes even the most difficult games, simple and easy. One possible solution that i think would reduce the effectiveness of kiting is giving mobs a short/moderate range dash depending on the mob level. Of course for monsters like zombies and skeletons, it would be silly so instead give them a ranged attack, zombies should use a bit of magic and skeletons (swordsman especially) should be able to do a long range swipe.
With this last patch, they actually gave quite a few mobs increased mobility. Rhoas now charge (for extra damage), certain ghosts and spiders can *teleport* at you, the desperate natives of the coast can run as well as walk.

I believe there are plans to give Hillock, the first boss, a ranged attack to make him tougher to kite.

That all said, kiting is and will remain an accepted style of play in these sorts of games. I think it has a place, provided it's not too easy.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
If you nerf kiting, squishy ranged characters will become a thing of the past. Buh-bye, bow Ranger! ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
If you nerf kiting, squishy ranged characters will become a thing of the past. Buh-bye, bow Ranger! ='[.]'=

I'm playing a bow ranger, I'm going also STR, and still monsters on my level (46) take pretty much half of my HP when they hit me. I can kite few of them alone, but it's a challenge and you are always on your toes. If the guys in front (tanks) will have same chance to be hit as guys in back (glass cannons), then coop gameplay will suffer even more.
pumb
IGN : SunPrice - Level 89 Standard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info