Anyone seen latest diablo 4 controversy?

Apparently they doing a race for hardcore where first 1000 people reaching first level 100 will get their names engraved in some lilith statue wich they will probably display in the upcoming blizzcon but the best part about it is that content creators who could have played diablo 4 FULL VERSION for hundreds of hours already will have massive advantage already in the race over people who gonna play it for the first time but the head of diablo 4 tweeted this

"How does deleting all their progress and making them start at the same time as everyone else give them an unfair advantage?"

Yes he was being very serious about it he doesnt realize how can people who played somethinhg for 500 hours have an advantage over people who playing it for the first time not to mention you can pay to win your way into the race by paying 20$ more to get the game 4 days earlier than everyone else imagine if in path of exile you could pay 30$ to play league 1 week faster and join the race [Removed by Support] just shows how much blizzard cares about fairness or anything except the money probably only gonna get worst for diablo 4
Last edited by Chulainn_GGG on May 27, 2023, 8:01:22 PM
Last bumped on Jun 13, 2023, 9:44:59 AM
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
Apparently they doing a race for hardcore where first 1000 people reaching first level 100 will get their names engraved in some lilith statue wich they will probably display in the upcoming blizzcon but the best part about it is that content creators who could have played diablo 4 FULL VERSION for hundreds of hours already will have massive advantage already in the race over people who gonna play it for the first time but the head of diablo 4 tweeted this

"How does deleting all their progress and making them start at the same time as everyone else give them an unfair advantage?"

Yes he was being very serious about it he doesnt realize how can people who played somethinhg for 500 hours have an advantage over people who playing it for the first time not to mention you can pay to win your way into the race by paying 20$ more to get the game 4 days earlier than everyone else imagine if in path of exile you could pay 30$ to play league 1 week faster and join the race [Removed by Support] just shows how much blizzard cares about fairness or anything except the money probably only gonna get worst for diablo 4

If the race does not start at June 6th then its not even worth looking at as it's cleary P2W (in a racing context).
People will get lvl 100 within 2-3 days tops (usual dungeon and event spam) meaning if EA counts the race is already over for the majority of the player base.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

If the race does not start at June 6th then its not even worth looking at as it's cleary P2W (in a racing context).
People will get lvl 100 within 2-3 days tops (usual dungeon and event spam) meaning if EA counts the race is already over for the majority of the player base.

yeah it starts earlier than june 6th thats why im saying its pay to win even if it just started on june 6th it still wouldnt be fair against people who just started playing on 6th june becuz content creators had access to full diablo game for hundreds of hours by now
Last edited by Gopstop22 on May 27, 2023, 9:01:06 PM
If races were fair there wouldn't be winners.
"

there are fair races and there are winners cant tell if you are trolling or what
Last edited by Gopstop22 on May 27, 2023, 10:08:13 PM
I expected them to resist for a couple of weeks before they add p2w booby traps into the game.
But I guess the thirst for additional money for a already overpriced well selled game is intense enough to start the cash grab early on way before the game's even released hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 27, 2023, 10:18:13 PM
BFD.

Does this affect the vast majority of DIV players? Newp. Competitive Diablo has always been pretty secondary to the core experience. PoE pretty much pioneered the notion of competitive ARPG racing purely to sell support packs and make their game lucrative to streamers. It would be nice to see such an inherently unhealthy approach to ARPG design stay within the quarantine zone of PoE but eh that's unrealistic now.

Still, anyone playing DIV even vaguely upset at this is playing the wrong game and for the wrong reasons.

Also, "controversy" is a mighty big word for something neither the DIV sub nor the Diablo sub themselves seem all that upset about -- "butthurt" is the usual response to someone sprinkling their salt around. Seems most people waiting for DIV are approaching the game in a relatively sane fashion: it's fucking Diablo, not Formula 1. You kill shit you get stronger you work through a story you do side quests in a huge honking open world. Racing through that much hand-crafted content is for pros who get paid to do it and dumbass nobodiea who don't realise no one cares how they play the game.

So I repeat: BFD.

Exiles trying to make DIV look far worse than it is is an interesting indictment of PoE and GGG more than anything else imo. Like seriously -- projecting much?

PS a battletag carved onto a statue...wow. Not even your real name. Like anyone is going to notice that. People pay millions of dollars to put their names on shit and most of the time others don't give a shit. Or, more poignantly, you can find far more important, noteworthy names in pretty much any cemetery. Posterity is found in what you do, not in where you leave your name. This is a hilariously low stakes competition when you really think about it. But it'll sell more preorders because people cling to the illusion they have a chance which is the whole point.

Still laughing at this whole thing.

"Look, there's your grandfather's name on the statue."

"I can't read it...oh, there it is. Wait. I thought grampy's name was Joe. Who's this JKillsfastlolz person?"
The name says it all.
Last edited by 鬼殺し on May 28, 2023, 12:11:21 AM
I raced quite a lot in the early seasons of PoE, and I know if there had been a race in a new format, and a select group who had paid for the privilege had significant time to practice in that format before I started with no experience of it, I would sure as HELL have objected.

The obvious solution, as suggested by Zizaran (and prolly others) would be to delay the race event until after everyone had had a decent opportunity to play the game and "warm up" for the race. The failure of Blizzivision even to recognize the potential for conflict in this event as announced is, as I believe the hackneyed phrase puts it, "a bad look." ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"

there are fair races and there are winners cant tell if you are trolling or what
The entire concept of "race to level 100 in a videogame" means that anyone who does not have the ability to dump arbitrary amounts of time into a videogame on some company's marketing schedule will not win. People who care for parents/children/siblings are at a disadvantage. People with worse computers, worse internet connections, are at a disadvantage. People with jobs are at a disadvantage. People with any number of disabilities are at a disadvantage. People who are less familiar with games like D4 are at a disadvantage. And on and on.

There is no level playing field. There never has been. And while I do think we have a lot of work to do as a society to recognise this as it relates to major cultural phenomena like sports, this particular thing is fairly trivial. Just always good to keep in mind that this is just a company's promotional event, not an important measure of human worth. There is no integrity to protect.
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on May 28, 2023, 3:20:27 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Does this affect the vast majority of DIV players? Newp. Competitive Diablo has always been pretty secondary to the core experience. PoE pretty much pioneered the notion of competitive ARPG racing purely to sell support packs and make their game lucrative to streamers. It would be nice to see such an inherently unhealthy approach to ARPG design stay within the quarantine zone of PoE but eh that's unrealistic now.

They don't? I guess you've never played previous diablo games that much or just crave all over D4.
d2 had their competitive ladders.
D3 had competitive paragon races during every season while the game wasn't entirely watered down. Not to mention the entire endgame was a competitive race ladder of who gets to complete grift x the fastest. If thats not competitive for you than idk lol

But I mean in PoE you don't have to buy a supporter pack in order to get a 4 day headstart into a competitive race. Everyone gets the same chances during release day and the purchase of packs is fully optional for those who enjoy and like to support the game.

To be accurate your statement is entirely wrong at this rate. But sure it hurts to admit that glorious Blizzard did something wrong with this move even if it's just for a engraving on a statue. This is not a move they do because they want to have a competitive race for their game launch. No they intentionally do it because they know enough people are willed enough to pay the extra "fee" to get a head start and unfair advantage into a race.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 28, 2023, 12:52:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info