Constant freezing

"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Steven_82 wrote:

https://pastebin.com/EFLpEu97 hopefully this works lol

Your traffic is running via peering point from the ISP Twelve. They have had problems with the connection to GGG's servers for a long time. So this is properly the reason.
Try a VPN to bypass this ISP.

Ok thank you for taking a look. I am not sure why this would all of a sudden be an issue. I have had no issues since starting to play just over a year ago.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Steven_82 wrote:

https://pastebin.com/EFLpEu97 hopefully this works lol

Your traffic is running via peering point from the ISP Twelve. They have had problems with the connection to GGG's servers for a long time. So this is properly the reason.
Try a VPN to bypass this ISP.

Ok so i tried a VPN, yesterday it worked ok but today is awful again. Tried changing regions and tried turning it off all the same. big freezes constantly no matter what area i am in.
It's likely the boost clock on the GPU and DX12 giving it the work out of its life.

There is an easy solution.
"
didira wrote:
It's likely the boost clock on the GPU and DX12 giving it the work out of its life.

Whats the solution?
"
Steven_82 wrote:
"
didira wrote:

Whats the solution?

'Constant freezing' is not attributed to packet loss or a server (router) instance with 'traffic issues' depending where it is in the chain (hop).
It might last a few seconds when the screen freezes and everything stops but that's not what you're describing and the game itself will not crash (although windows 10 will report 'not responding').

It's your GPU clock going up and down from an inbuilt boost design that doesn't work any where efficiently as the CPU boost design and I have no idea why GPU manufacturers do this other than they're competing with numbers and care very little about stability and graphical anomalies.

My first experience of this was with D2R and a 1050Ti I had and DX12 (it didn't do it with DX11 or DX9) where DX12 boosted the clock speed of a 1.397Ghz base clock of the GPU to 1.798Ghz and the game constantly froze until I inhibited the boost (and then it worked perfectly, quietly and smoothly).

The conversations I had with the seller and manufacturer was proof enough for me to know they don't care if the thing failed if I kept ignoring it and I would have to return it.
Because it's DX12's fault and I should know better.

Great stuff to hear from billion dollar companies trying to make the next billion dollars by ignoring certain limits in semi-conductor manufacturing.
Last edited by didira on Jun 13, 2023, 5:37:12 AM
can barely play the game today. freezes every few seconds

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info