How to reply to trade requests on console?

Recently put some items up for trade on my PS5 account. One was sold via the trade market, which went fine. Yesterday somebody messaged me about an expensive item, presumably the copypasted whisper from the official trade site. I clicked on the 'section' in the chat window and got up a context menu where it was possible to "invite to group", but not sure if that is the same as inviting to the hideout, as per PC trade practices. Nothing happened in any case, and the person didn't show up. Eventually I just gave up.

Later I got messaged about the same item again, I think it was the same person but am not sure. Again I did the "invite to group" thing, to no avail. Then I tried the /help command to see if there was anything useful there (there wasn't). But that fills up the screen with commands, pushing the trade request out, and there is no scroll function for some reason, so I had no idea what the person's name was.

How am I supposed to answer and carry out such direct trade requests?
Last bumped on May 27, 2023, 4:39:21 PM
You're doing everything right, this same like PC trading. In those cases, what you described could affect the time of your response to the message(buyer can find more interesting offer), as well as the player who wanted to buy an item from you could have a setting in the PSN account forbidding invitations to come.
My algorithm of actions is as follows: 'Invite to group', if buyer not joined in 20 sec, then I 'Whisper' him (I sent the invite if it didn't come, then you invite me) and in most cases buyer invite me to group.
"
Alex_Wardaddy wrote:
You're doing everything right, this same like PC trading. In those cases, what you described could affect the time of your response to the message(buyer can find more interesting offer), as well as the player who wanted to buy an item from you could have a setting in the PSN account forbidding invitations to come.
My algorithm of actions is as follows: 'Invite to group', if buyer not joined in 20 sec, then I 'Whisper' him (I sent the invite if it didn't come, then you invite me) and in most cases buyer invite me to group.

Thanks. Good to know I was doing the right thing. Suppose that person didn't want to buy the item after all. Kinda weird as it was worth 1 divine.

Odd behaviour in another trade, tho. The button to accept was greyed out, and we kept trying over and over again. Eventually it worked, but time and again the Accept button was impossible to click for me, despite both the designated item and the correct currency being in the trade window. Very strange.

Glad it worked in the end, cause communicating on console was slow and painful.
Maybe you had the party bug, then your invite does not go out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info