Contract nonsense

I've had a quest "The Rogue Harbor" forever, just now trying to do it... I talked to Karst, he just babbles. Adiyah says the contract's level is too low to grant blueprint reveals.

1. I have no idea what they are talking about.
2. I tried all the contracts I have.
3. I have a contract in my inventory that I cannot put in my stash nor Heist Locker, and I cannot delete it (says this item whispers of destiny). The only way to get rid of it is to hand it to Adiyah and walk away.

Suggestion: Put everything in the main dungeon.
Suggestion: Drop the nonsense: Contracts, Maps, Expeditions, Menagerie, Mining.
Suggestion: Explain things properly.
Suggestion: Add option to hide the dumb aspects of the game!

I'm going to continue playing without any of the nonsense.
Last bumped on Jun 6, 2023, 10:03:29 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Blueprints (read "grand heists") must be revealed by an NPC in the rogue harbour. These reveals are unlocked by completing other contracts (read "normal heists") of a good enough level.

You picked up a storyline contract early on and put off doing it, so you outlevelled it, and it can now no longer grant you a blueprint reveal. This doesn't matter at all.

There appears to be one storyline contract per rogue. The pattern goes like this:

* a smuggler's cache turns up in an area
* you open it
* you get a contract, some markers, and a storyline contract
* you go to the harbor
* you speak to whomever the contract is regarding
* you go to Adiyah and run the contract
* when you succeed it, it won't turn up again and that bit of the storyline is complete

There are four hundred million rogues so these annoying storyline items turn up constantly on a league start and you have to stop doing maps and having fun to clear this useless thing out of your inventory. Once you've done them all, though, they stop dropping and the intro to heist is done.

Honestly the voice acting is ok and the story doesn't seem too bad. You may as well do them.

Also, you can drop storyline items outside of hideouts/town, or you can stash them in the crafting bench, anoint window, divination trade window, etc., if you really need that 1x1 inventory space back.
sigfault
"
Asday wrote:
Blueprints (read "grand heists") must be revealed by an NPC in the rogue harbour. These reveals are unlocked by completing other contracts (read "normal heists") of a good enough level.

You picked up a storyline contract early on and put off doing it, so you outlevelled it, and it can now no longer grant you a blueprint reveal. This doesn't matter at all.

There appears to be one storyline contract per rogue. The pattern goes like this:

* a smuggler's cache turns up in an area
* you open it
* you get a contract, some markers, and a storyline contract
* you go to the harbor
* you speak to whomever the contract is regarding
* you go to Adiyah and run the contract
* when you succeed it, it won't turn up again and that bit of the storyline is complete

There are four hundred million rogues so these annoying storyline items turn up constantly on a league start and you have to stop doing maps and having fun to clear this useless thing out of your inventory. Once you've done them all, though, they stop dropping and the intro to heist is done.

Honestly the voice acting is ok and the story doesn't seem too bad. You may as well do them.

Also, you can drop storyline items outside of hideouts/town, or you can stash them in the crafting bench, anoint window, divination trade window, etc., if you really need that 1x1 inventory space back.

Problem with these green contracts is that when you drop it you are guaranteed to see it again, and again and again.

I also wish you could block certain content, like lab trials, and that the blocked content wouldn't show up with FFB.
Doesn't the game pretty much walk you through how to do all of the stuff you have a problem with?

That whole first questline with contracts literally walks you step by step on how to get to the rogue harbor, who you talk to, what everything means, etc. The only thing it doesn't really explain is blueprints.

Delve is the same way: act 4 has you interact with Niko, who takes you to the mine and teaches you exactly how to interact with the mine. Not the fancy stuff, but enough to get you started.

It isn't nonsense, it just requires *gasp* reading!

Regarding hiding "dumb" aspects: uh....you CAN do that via the atlas passives. You never ever have to interact with the mine if you don't want to. You never have to do rogue harbor if you don't want to, and you can block smugglers stashes from showing up. You can block pretty much anything you want from ever being in your map.

You describe the game as a mess, but it seems like you have hardly played the game based on your complaints because every feature you describe is in the game...
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jun 6, 2023, 10:05:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info