Lag when using Summon Skeleton skill

I notice a sizable lag when using Summon Skeleton.

I have noticed this since I started using the skill in the last few weeks (since 0.9.9x)

This seems to happen the first (and sometimes second) time I use Summon Skeleton on a level; the game locks up while it 'thinks' about the skeletons, then they appear and everything rushes to catch up. Lag seems around 2-4 seconds (but naturally feels like hours when in battle!)

I have not noticed the same lag for the other summoning skills. Occasionally I notice a smaller lag when the game gets busy thinking about large item drops or a very heavy battle, but the Summon Skeleton lag could occur when there is seemingly nothing else for the game to be thinking about at the time.

The lag has caused characters to die on occasion due to the game freezing up for a short time, and rarely seems to be the cause of sudden disconnection and being booted out to the login screen.

This lag affects other people playing with me - the party member I frequently play with has confirmed experiencing it when I do.
(Coincidentally our machine specs are similar (if that has anything to do with it); 5-6 year old gaming machines in the P4D 3GHz range)

If you would like any extra info from me, about my machine specs or other experiences I have in-game please let me know, happy to help.
This is a known problem with us being unable to preload tech that the skeletons use. We'll have it preloadable in future!
Balance & Design
Awesome - thought it might be something like that :)

Thanks Rory!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info