Profane Bloom/Obliteration: On Death effet hurts my eyes

Hello,

I have a bit of light sensitivity, there are some builds and skills that I can't play/use (like Herald of Lightning) which is fine to me, but one that is exaggerated to me is the On Death effect of Profane Bloom and Obliteration (they share the same visual). My eyes start to hurt after around a minute of mapping when using that passive ability, so I unallocated Profane Bloom on my Occultist because of it (even tho it's a very powerful node that is important for almost any Occultist builds).

I think it is not required for that skill to create that big of a visual explosion (which creates an instant big white circle that turns purple to show the chaos dmg), which is a bright light in a very dark game. The contrast of ambient dimness and continuous white circles is what I can't physically tolerate.

The reason I create this post is that there are some other On Death effects that are very discrete or nice to the eyes. The same Occultist build I play has Asenath's Gentle Touch, and that pair of gloves have a physical dmg corpse explosion, and it's a tiny circle that still indicates that the corpse exploded, instead of the big bright circle of the Chaos dmg variant.

The feedback that I want to give is to make the circle appear less instantly and start the purple part earlier, since the beginning white part is not really required to show the chaos dmg. Also, some transparency could be added, or the size could also be reduced to be of similar size to the other On Death explosions.

I understand that some counter-arguments are that the bigger effect represents the larger dmg and wider area of effect, but this game is not one of the most consistent in term of visual representation, and there is no need to represent that much an effect that has no impact on the player.

If there is a way to reduce or remove that effect, please let me know, I tried everything in the game settings and didn't find any way to make it tolerable to my eyes.
Last bumped on Jun 13, 2023, 4:28:27 PM
It's easily fixed by not using Full RGB; HDR- whatever you want to call it.

Set your display to 16-255 (nVidia's driver defaults to it).
You need a 10bit display panel to have HDR and even Full RGB so that your brain is not annoyed by a constant error between black and contrasted colour values.

If that's the case anyway, your display is probably failing a D65 test you don't know about and damaging your eyes.

There is no such thing as blue being good for you...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info