Please help. Norton deletes my client file.

I don't know why but when I tried to download my client file, it gives me a message as below. Does this mean the file is a threat to my computer? Would anyone please help me understand this?

Thank you in advance.

PS. I bought my beta access key and downloaded the file from this website. So, the beta key and the file should be legitimate.

WS.Reputation.1

Updated: February 15, 2012 3:15:47 PM
Type: Other
Risk Impact: High
Systems Affected: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000

Behavior
WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantec’s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques.

uninstall norton their a bunch of 3rd rate expensive bs peddlers.

avast works better. less false positives
"when I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead, true story."
-Barney Stinson... a real man of genius.
If you downloaded the client from the website then it should be safe.

This would be what's called a "false positive" and it happens quite often with certain programs. It's detected as a virus because it might act similarly to a virus even though it isn't.

It should be safe if you downloaded it from here, just try to add it to your exceptions list or temporarily turn off Norton until you're done download/installing the game, then turn it back on.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.
zakorus and Seraphyx

Thank you very much for your replies.
I will turn off my Norton and install it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info