does this CI axe marauder build seem viable?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAe4whAir2IVXcPcEEVbWezacw0iFXDdlhGS4n7ayqcql82QHnNug6UoZgVgRhUp_LYIgote9OQKAhYHTxGNtDnA6tKaVZ88AaZp760h0Uj0anCLiT6-4o-pUgRnG0DJMnHNx_xsHF7BiP-tvnRwZfavfBLL-GrhXX14ZWY3FNms9DY7cxWPWdxIRIPI4Bb1fJNAoMfRB_xp7z3WoeqBjyL0TnHOdqOyDwVamXtKy6MgmeuQUtduf3vjkON2YspqbrN4PqusNtwuy0xSsKwQDbGhB79Uu-Og==

i'm still a noob. i wanna know if it might be viable to use this passive layout with an axe marauder who uses 3-4 flickr strike gems to constantly teleport around killing monsters while abusing the melee + melee at full life support gems to deal tons of physical damage.

the reason i chose a marauder for this build instead of using a shadow or witch is because i wouldn't have access to unwavering stance, resolute technique, or iron reflexes at early levels, and these three keystones are the backbone of my entire build. since i won't be building any of health or accuracy in my build, it is essential for me to get unwavering stance and resolute technique as early as possible. iron reflexes and elemental resists are also meant to compensate for having a relatively low health pool and almost no energy shield at early levels.
Looks not that bad at first sight but u really dont want to loose all that points into resistances near the mara.
And you really dont want to go with 3/4 Flicker gems like it's absolutly not needed with Blood Rage whos is perfectly optimized for CI builds.

Removing thoses lost points into resistances, switching em for the frenzy charge near diamond skin and maybe even trying to get more armour if you whish. You would have an awesome amont of armour and looks definitly tanky.

Also, you will have a hard time to lvling it by starting to get IR/US etc since you won't have the requierement in Intelligence to go with sweet AR/ES or EV/ES stuff.
Still possible but u would have an astramentis or a lot of regret orbs in order to respec life into shield later in the game.

But honestly, Here is the thing u didn't wanted to hear.
No i dont think this build is possible to up like you will be able to carry only one or two auras by having to up Clarity almost at lv20 and wear a lot of mana leech gear because you can't use blood magic and you have no issue with mana generation in this build.

Still a +1 for original attempt.

P.S: Be warned, playing a Flicker build means the best way to catch a headache after few minutes played.
Last edited by Madhibiki on Apr 16, 2013, 8:36:33 PM
i appreciate your advice; but there is one good reason why i specifically chose to invest heavily in elemental resistances in my build, and that reason is to avoid elemental status effects. since the chance to avoid elemental status effects is directly tied to the percentage of max hp an elemental hit would take if i didn't have CI, the less hp and resistances i have, the more likely i am to be affected by status ailments. since i don't take any percent hp nodes at all in my build due to the fact that i am a CI based character, i need to compensate for this by investing heavily in elemental resistances. i don't want to be constantly frozen, shocked, and on fire whenever i encounter elemental mobs. also, i don't like the idea of relying solely on frenzy charges in order to chain flickr strikes together, that's just my personal preference. i realize that there is a very good chance that my build will simply have too many mana issues to be viable, it's a very inflexible build that requires a lot of points in order to work properly; but it's something i'm willing to risk. i believe that i will be able to get just enough mana with items to get by, and i do get plenty of intelligence from the passive tree, so i'm fairly confident that it will at least be manageable.
anyway, you can't outpass the elemental cap. Atm its 75%, 80% with the +5% max.
Hiting this amount is fairly easy when you got 2 diamond skin and good gear.
Unless you want to build w/o being preoccupated by elem rez on stuff, there is no reason to take all that amount. It wont help you to avoid ailments stat over the cap.
That's why i think its not needed imho, not as melee Hp build nor as melee CI build.

According the build summary, you already have +80% all rez within this one. So what about the amount you will have on gear ? Lost ? when you could get other interesting nods ?

For the mana issue, im waiting your returns :)

Edit: forgot to mention this. Let's say you take more ES nods instead of thoses elementals.
You will have more HP pool who will directly avoids chances to get Freezed/shocked/burned.
Simple maths to explain this.

Let's say you have 1000 hp and you get hited by a mob who does 500 cold dmg.
You will have 500 hp left what it means that's the mob hurted you for a 50% amount of your life. 1/2 of your life pool.

Now, let's say you have 1500 hp and this mob is still hiting you for 500 cold damage.
You will have 1000 hp left what it means that's the mob hurted you for a 33% amount of your life. 1/3 of your life pool.

This can be considered like a better way to avoid stat aliments from the moment you are caped at 75/80% resistances than overcaping them, (who is only usefull for elem weak maps if you dont want to go with Purity). (thats why you want to cap resist as much as possible with gear to allowed yourself to pimp your life pool and by this way, your Effectives HPs)

That's why more life you have less you will be annoyed by elementals stat, no mater resistances.

And i'm almost pretty sure that is the same rule for Energy shield and CI builds since resistances and armour mitigate income damages.
Last edited by Madhibiki on Apr 17, 2013, 9:20:38 PM
Be aware u get high mana probs, be aware u need very specific item to rum this spec lategame, be aware u need a very good and expensiv physcal axe.

I´m testing a CI physical Es/Ar Mara, this is my spec at LvL 86

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAW8ICAx9DkgQfxGWFdcZLhoyHNwdFCSLJScn7SjFKPoqOCymLL80CjdmN4M37DyOPQ9Bh0NjRnFHBkw1TdhPfVFgVmNXyVivWPVZ811JX2plp2aeZ5twfXC7cU1yqXgNeLp6uHy7fNl-WX_GgFaBb4LHhAyESIaujHaPRo_6kx2TJ5UglZuaz53Enjyfe6brpwinNKluqZWsqq6TtAy18rcxuJO53cAawcXDbcT2xp7G2NSP14ba3dvn3rDiYeOC5wvquuvu7BjyL_O-89322vrS

You surely cant afford to invest points in Resistance,u need the resi from gear, that´s why i´m using a shield to get +30% All Ele Resi when holding a shield and use this one:

U really need a 6 Link Lategame to get Dmg done (like in my case, using Cyclone)

U kind of need Int/Mana on every Item to be able to run some Auras and get a high Manareg. I need 180 Mana for Cyclone in that 6L combination ang got like 90 Manareg per second and still have downtimes with warlock mark up all the time. Its gonna be very expensiv for me to get the last items i need to get a better reg to be able to have no downtime using cyclone. i think i have to replace "increased area of effect" to maybe item quntity to get no mana multiplier and upgrade the quali of cyclone and concentrated effect.

This is usefull for this spec:
Ingame @Tzaxxy
Yeah, i would choice to get almost full physical damages and wear smart mana leech gears in additionnal of high mana regen.
I saw some really good rings, for exemple, with 2% mana leech + 59% mana regen. You surely will need this kind of items with some offensives stats.
You gonna be really gear dependant and this spec sounds more like a defi than something you could easly lvl up.

In your case, i would go with a decent strong 2-H Axe like Kaom's Primacy or something even better like a 250/450+ Rare one.
Primacy has some fire dmg on, since you choose to go with lava lash, but nothing exceptionnal finally.

Anyway, its something consistante and when i have build my Kaom's primacy flicker dude, i was already over 7K dps at lv 60 with it and lava lash.

But sir, if you got the feeling, let's keep this build, keep to going on cuz its really interesting.

I'm only worry about the fact you will get bored to use flicker really fast.

Cheer
Last edited by Madhibiki on Apr 18, 2013, 5:20:00 AM
In my eyes, this build needs a shield for sure. you need the 4 % Es regen form
which is really imba for a Ar/Es build.

But u also need to switch to
and Saffell's Frame Branded Kite Shield to do caster Bosses like Piety in 71 Temple Map for max 170 % Blockchance applied to spells...or u just get 2-3 shottet.

using this atm, 370 dps and 300+ physical dps, but try to find a higher pure physical.
Ingame @Tzaxxy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info