Release time.

Is there any reason why this upcomming and all of the recent leagues start at 2 or 3 in the darkest night for EU? The PC release is always done in a way that EU and NA have reasonable starting times but EU console players for whatever reason have to start hours late?
Last bumped on Apr 12, 2023, 12:40:00 PM
"
IWD_Asa_Akira wrote:
Is there any reason why this upcomming and all of the recent leagues start at 2 or 3 in the darkest night for EU? The PC release is always done in a way that EU and NA have reasonable starting times but EU console players for whatever reason have to start hours late?

Even better if you have a job, you are screwed and always lag behind.
It's...mildly annoying, to say the least. As far as I can tell, the reason behind this looks to be that the console servers are not split between NA and EU realms (just between PS and XBOX) so we all start at the same time.

Crucible for console starts 12/04 1800 (MDT). The time difference for the EU is around 8 hours behind. Hence the silly o'clock in the morning start.

While I get that there will be a time lag in this situation, they could counteract this by starting the league earlier so that both EU and NA could at least start on the same day.
Last edited by remnantfantasy on Apr 12, 2023, 12:44:07 PM
I’m guessing the console devs might not have the possibility to wake up early to release it at the same time as PC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info