Crucible league event in SSF HC Ruthless makes no sense...

According to poe ninja only 4636 characters were created in ssf hc ruthless last league and not a single caster build made it over 200k dps, and at that rate NO ONE killed an uber exarch or eater, because we all know boneshatter(the only builds showing over 200k minus one frost blade/flicker troll) is not the play for ubers until giga gear. Carn(boneshatter diehard) won't even attempt them until level 100 w/ min-max crafted gear.

It clearly is not a fan favorite, and I have not found a single streamer willing to do it because everyone knows it's a walking simulator. Kripp sat on a RF jugg for 4 months doing t1 maps...

Putting the boss killing main event that we all love on a side project is just absurd and takes away from the competitive fun when none of the top players are even willing to play it.

Put it back to SSF HC, thank you.
Last bumped on May 6, 2023, 3:21:11 AM
Ben didn't play, that's why.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
With that being said, what does that say about it in general? The most diehard & knowledgeable players won't even dip a toe into it because it's just nonsensical and boring. With limited player input and as easy as poe is to scale the content to your liking, ruthless is pointless at this state of the game unless you really want to grind at a snails pace for personal ego/lack of things to do.
If you can't and others can... then let others who can do, do the challenge...
Its GGG who can decide what's the challenge mechanic is, if you can't play without movement speed gems and it has slow pacing then do a league that is of your liking... you don't usually win challenges anyways.
maybe they dont want anyone to win? they are tired of players making everything look so easy?
before they released ruthless they were hyping it up so much about how hard everything will be and how people might not even reach red maps etc and then players made ruthless look easy...people were in red maps after a few days
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Apr 6, 2023, 6:42:58 AM
There are few very good Ruthless streamers like tatantiel2. Right now he seems to prepare himself for the race.
It's possible this race cannot be done but it will be a such challenge and that's the point.
Last edited by Possu81 on Apr 6, 2023, 6:45:04 AM
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
maybe they dont want anyone to win? they are tired of players making everything look so easy?
before they released ruthless they were hyping it up so much about how hard everything will be and how people might not even reach red maps etc and then players made ruthless look easy...people were in red maps after a few days

They were not. I played this league in rhcssf and watch tatantiel2. Something like week is more realistic for very few players who didn't rip character. There even clip when his character rip at first red map, it was after like a week of gaming and he was in top20. You really need to play a lot to get to red maps, cause map sustain in ruthless is really painfull, I was counting my maps at the begining, after 20 maps I got like 18 maps, so I was forced many time to start t1-t2 again to get even t3 maps, until I invested a lot atlas passives in map sustain (only after I took almost all and was able to get to red maps I started taking passives for league mechanics).
I'm kinda convinced they made the event in R HC SSF just to try and make more people play it. "hey guys, did you know there's this totally awesome game mode over here called ruthless? why don't you all come check it out, its super fun", while in reality, most people think it's boring af, and even this event won't make more ppl play it.

"oh, so many ppl hate ruthless still, even after giving it this event, ok fine, here, have a movement skill".

I wonder what the next bone they will throw is.

Now, that being said, I don't really care since I wouldn't even try the event if it was sc trade, I just think it's a weird move.

And I doubt anyone will even get close to finishing the event in time. I doubt many ppl will even try in the first place.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Apr 6, 2023, 3:15:59 PM
If it's between the same builds over and over, easily done within what, a couple days? Or the hardest possible mode, where it might not even be possible, I'm choosing the latter. Much more interesting.
"
CrazylikE wrote:
I'm kinda convinced they made the event in R HC SSF just to try and make more people play it. "hey guys, did you know there's this totally awesome game mode over here called ruthless? why don't you all come check it out, its super fun", while in reality, most people think it's boring af, and even this event won't make more ppl play it.

"oh, so many ppl hate ruthless still, even after giving it this event, ok fine, here, have a movement skill".

I wonder what the next bone they will throw is.

Now, that being said, I don't really care since I wouldn't even try the event if it was sc trade, I just think it's a weird move.

And I doubt anyone will even get close to finishing the event in time. I doubt many ppl will even try in the first place.

I think the month-long event at the end of Sanctum was the "hey everyone, check out Ruthless" moment.

I think the race was to try to create a hard challenge that isn't done in a matter of days and perhaps not won by the same person again. It's too long a race though and I don't think there will be a big uptake of it because it is terribly unpopular. No one is going to put themself through that for months if they don't like the mode. The prize isn't worth that effort. I have no idea if the bragging rights is worth it either if you don't like the mode.

I think it will be more telling if they decide to do it again if it is terribly unpopular. That will be a big red flag of what they might be trying to do with Ruthless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info