3.22 Fire Trap / Frostblink Elementalist SSF/EB on Tree version (inc. levelling trees) Leaguestarter

POB: https://pobb.in/WKSBENVkixTp
(levelling trees are in the drop down menu at the bottom).

All credit goes to Subtractem for making the build guide, this is my SSF version that gets EB on the tree, instead of from gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsViMao5-ug

His video guide, check description for his POBs and a detailed levelling guide, if you want to compare. the video goes very in depth about gearing, including SSF gear. Gear in my POB is just an example. Nothing is mandatory, including the uniques.

Take EB when you feel you need it, you can probably sustain fine until you have 6 link fire trap. Make sure you have about 250+ ES and to make it feel good you will probably want about +20-30% ES recharge on one armour piece. If you have lots of ES you won't need this.

Build is focused around suppression, mana reservation, which you can respec out of once you solve those on gear, we have lots of great nodes nearby to spec into. Might struggle with strength and dex, so don't hesitate to use those nodes on the tree temporarily. Dont forget to use new life mastery if you dont have a life roll on armour, such as tabula etc.

POB also doesnt have whispers of doom, can take it whenever you feel you need it.

Last edited by dookleeto on Aug 15, 2023, 6:37:22 AM
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2024, 5:07:09 AM
if anyone is interested just posting my levelling loot filter here. My version at the bottom has much more colour differentiation on different bases for ssf easy visual identification, can use the strictness options to hide things as neversink would see fit, personally I recommend doing it yourself instead, but thats my personal preference. This version is based on neversink default so people dont get confused by the different colours:

https://www.filterblade.xyz/?profile=dookleeto&saveState=2TNPCMBVJKO1TL&platform=pc&isPreset=false

changes from default:

all weapons hidden apart from sceptres and wands (GGBR staves will show)

highlight of BBB items early game, and GGBR for main link

all relevant uniques moved to top tier (clearly show with blue border on neversink site so you can remove the ones you dont want.)

platinum sceptre and callous mask bases show for chancing.

Evasion items with less than 3 links hidden (most of the other item slots want blue and red sockets)

after ilvl 68 filter reverts to normal, ill use a seperate filter for endgame.

If you want my version with the funky colours it is here:
https://www.filterblade.xyz/?profile=dookleeto&saveState=81KI0AWUM2PCJP&platform=pc&isPreset=false

if you are interested in my base filter, it is here https://www.filterblade.xyz/?profile=dookleeto&saveState=7JH39B81PKNZUE&platform=pc&isPreset=false

I can post my mapping filter once I get there, but I change it very often based on what I have and what I need, so maybe it wont be of much use as a general filter for other people to use.

Last edited by dookleeto on Apr 7, 2023, 2:44:13 PM
hum following this guide, would this build benefit from the use of cluster jewels? i noticed that none is being used?
"
unu wrote:
hum following this guide, would this build benefit from the use of cluster jewels? i noticed that none is being used?

If you look at subtractem's video, you will see the cluster jewels that he uses. There are a few different PoBs in the description. My tree is based on the low budget one, but there is a mid and high budget one that use cluster jewels.
Thanks for outlining where to be in each act/maps! Really helpful. This build is dummy fun!
I want to rock right meow
"
Laeortia wrote:
Thanks for outlining where to be in each act/maps! Really helpful. This build is dummy fun!

yeah it is doing well for me so far, still stuck on 2x4-links in ssf, but it is handling atlas progression just fine :)

my profile is public if you need to import my current character for any reason.
"
dookleeto wrote:
"
unu wrote:

If you look at subtractem's video, you will see the cluster jewels that he uses. There are a few different PoBs in the description. My tree is based on the low budget one, but there is a mid and high budget one that use cluster jewels.

Thanks for the answer, right now im close to lvl 80 on maps and i cant seem to have all the auras mentioned in the guide active: malevolence + vitality + determination + skitterbots + clarity.
How am i supposed to get all of these running when we dont have nothing more on the tree (apart from Charisma) that lowers the reservation? Right now i turned off vitality to run all the others. Thanks
"
unu wrote:
"
dookleeto wrote:
"
unu wrote:

Thanks for the answer, right now im close to lvl 80 on maps and i cant seem to have all the auras mentioned in the guide active: malevolence + vitality + determination + skitterbots + clarity.
How am i supposed to get all of these running when we dont have nothing more on the tree (apart from Charisma) that lowers the reservation? Right now i turned off vitality to run all the others. Thanks

I currently have Charisma, Sovereignty and Influence nodes, and currently I am running grace (or malevolence) / determination / skitterbots and vitality.

if you have EB you can drop clarity.

you can also run a reservation cluster jewel or a mana node with the reservation mastery if you need more.

My damage is a joke close to PoB values, not sure what I'm doing wrong
"
raframil wrote:

My damage is a joke close to PoB values, not sure what I'm doing wrong

hmm your gear seems better than mine, and i'm melting most rares and bosses with just one curse, but I am using wave of conviction to apply exposure first, the 25% from helm is pretty unreliable. But sometimes I admit im really struggling to kill some rares, but its hard to tell with how ridiculously tanky some POE rares can get. I am also using grace isntead of malevolence too, because I feel my damage is enough at the moment, and I find it helps a lot with being a squishy elementalist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info