Mod Group Name Mistake?

Hi, i was checking elder helm mods on poedb, and to my surprise i saw that

"Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Less Duration"

mod has the mod group "Supported". It seemed weird because every other influenced "supported by x" mods on helmets have group names like "Minion life", "Minion damage" , "Helmetailmentuber" , "Area Damage" etc.

Then i tried to look for other mods in helms that has the same group name, and i found the essence mods:

"Socketed Gems gain 50% of Physical Damage as extra Lightning Damage"
and
"Socketed Gems deal 30% more Elemental Damage"

These also have the mod group as "Supported", and hence cannot appear at the same time.

Is this intended or a bug? It seems weird that an elder prefix with less duration support would clash with(cannot appear on same item) an essence suffix that gives ele damage stuff.

I figured there might be a typo or maybe they thought there was no other mod with the same name so they took a shortcut and left it as "Supported".

Either way it would be nice if you guys can look into this and give another mod group name to less duration.
Last bumped on Apr 7, 2023, 12:24:47 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It is not a bug....all mods you listed are affecting socketed gem

Also the essence mod is actually granting an item only "support gem" "SupportElementalDamageFinalEssence1"

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Modifier:SocketedGemsDealMoreElementalDamageEssence1
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
It is not a bug....all mods you listed are affecting socketed gem

Also the essence mod is actually granting an item only "support gem" "SupportElementalDamageFinalEssence1"

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Modifier:SocketedGemsDealMoreElementalDamageEssence1

I dont think you understood the issue.

None of the other mods clashes with the essence mod, only "supported by less duration" does. If it was balance related, i would assume more psuedo-link mods would be grouped together, but it is not the case. I think its an oversight by GGG, because otherwise it seems like "f*ck you in particular" to that mod.
Dude....the other mods are hybird mod. It make sense it is not the same mod group
https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/List_of_Elder_modifiers

(Actually GGG introduced mod groups on one item (edit: mod) , so that if you want to ruin other people life and build, you can post it in feedback section

to ask for the mod: "(23-25)% increased Area Damage, Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Concentrated Effect" should also have the mod group "Supported")
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

Last edited by neohongkong on Apr 6, 2023, 5:55:30 AM
Also on ninja change.

incursion hybrid res mod are used to be swappable with harvest craft

and it was extremely powerful (or may be not so ) to combine some with influence mod, such as "damage taken as", and even more powerful with recominbator

e.g. here is my crazy craft circa before 3.19

And then it seems in 3.19 one mod can have more than one mod groups, so that aforementioned "damage taken as" + "res" hybrid mod are now also have the same mod group of "damage taken as" non-hybrid variant.

So that only logical fix for your pointed out inconsistency, is hybrid mod that also support socketed gem with various support gem or item-only support, should also have the mod group "Supported". But not "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Less Duration" out of its mod group "Supported".

edit: the prove it is ninja patched

Last edited by neohongkong on Apr 7, 2023, 5:59:49 AM
"
neohongkong wrote:
Also on ninja change.

incursion hybrid res mod are used to be swappable with harvest craft

and it was extremely powerful (or may be not so ) to combine some with influence mod, such as "damage taken as", and even more powerful with recominbator

e.g. here is my crazy craft circa before 3.19

And then it seems in 3.19 one mod can have more than one mod groups, so that aforementioned "damage taken as" + "res" hybrid mod are now also have the same mod group of "damage taken as" non-hybrid variant.

So that only logical fix for your pointed out inconsistency, is hybrid mod that also support socketed gem with various support gem or item-only support, should also have the mod group "Supported". But not "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Less Duration" out of its mod group "Supported".

Agreed on most stuff, but instead of bricking every other mod, i think they should just change the non-hybrid supported mods to have their individual mod group names, because otherwise it would be a massive nerf to psuedo-link items.
The game never make sense anyway and very based on balance team decision .

e.g. for other mod. Delve /fossil +X to socketed int/str gem all in their own mod group and stackable

also, Shaper bow mod "Socketed Skills deal 20% more Attack Damage" and "Socketed Gems are supported by Level # Cast On Critical Strike" are not in the same mod group (COC is in "WeaponSupportUber" group anyway)

While the normal +2 to socketed aura/curse gem mod found in shield and helmet , is not stackable with the alt/regal rollable "+2 to Level of Socketed Melee Gems "

So that the real inconsistency is why weapon mod stackable, fossil mod stackable , helmet hybrid "supported by" mod stackable,

but not helmet mod that have single function such as "support socketed gem with X support", "+X to socketed gem" etc. And then ninja nerf hybrid "res" + "damage taken as" mod only

Last edited by neohongkong on Apr 7, 2023, 1:21:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info