DIABLO 4 OPEN BETA FEEDBACK THREAD

Anyone who has anything to say relating the diablo 4 open beta, plz post it here. Anything from a few bullet points to a long essay.

When it comes to scientific books, you could say Diablo 4 is more like the 'Elegant Universe' from Brian Greene compared to Path of exile as 'Practical Methods for Optimal Control and Estimation Using Nonlinear Programming' from John Bets.

Myself I had the chance to play it for a couple of hours.

The game has 2 huge positives if that is what you look for:

1) A laid-back experience with a focus on action where the simplistic combat gameplay feels like Titan Quest.

2) A great setting akin to the beautifully created backgrounds you adventure through in your favourite d&d games (like Pillars of Eternity/Baldur's Gate/Kingmaker).

Some other points:

* The artistic design is very good but the graphics in PoE are more crisp. Both can benefit from better textures.

* You can not easily exit npc dialogues like in POE.

* This is an ARPGS which favours combat over items. There are items in this game but they are clearly not the main focus. The simplistic design makes it much easier to see if something is an upgrade or not. But at the same time this does put the player in a place where item mod choices do not really matter too much. Items take a backseat unlike POE and I would say the latest installment of Diablo could even be a fun arpg without items.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Mar 24, 2023, 4:00:35 PM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2023, 5:00:37 PM
Might want to add line that relates it to POE like how those things compare to POE, else this thing is heading to off topic.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 24, 2023, 3:49:55 PM
D4 beta is this weekend? Why didn't somebody tell us
hated it

everything looks muddy the textures are awful enemies blend into the background too much

the tree looks and feel bad to navigate and the pick 1 pick 2 thing is just lame.....

map overlay? wtf just wtf so fucking bad i hate this

i played about an hour and i think 30 min of that was spent trying to shut up all the forced in engine npc dialog and slow motion actions
i am here to kill monsters not to watch awful npcs talk for half the game

uninstalled ill save my $70 maybe next year when its on sale for 50% off ill play through just for the story
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Welcome to off-topic :) *wave*
It almost fucked up my graphics card (google black screen fans max D4).

Other than that, like I said before - it is a carbon copy of D3. I don't find the skill tree interesting. The items are just as bland as the ones in D3 (except for the ones which give something special, usually a boost to a certain playstyle...just like D3). The constant need to check for "challenges" and collect resources is annoying. Challenge dungeons are too big only to realize you can't kill the boss (or maybe Den Mother is just OP?). Annoying conversations. Shitty zoom, just like in PoE. Non-visible clickables and items disappear if you don't press Alt a lot.

35 dollars might be good. It will eventually go on sale after an year, don't see how it will keep high-enough population numbers.
"
uninstalled ill save my $70 maybe next year when its on sale for 50% off ill play through just for the story
next year? shit they will do a sale a couple months after official release.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Mar 26, 2023, 10:45:54 AM
Ok, my bad, I did not manage to kill a dungeon boss on veteran because I made the mistake of playing Barbarian. Switched to melee Druid and everything runs smoothly. Non-poison werewolf seems perfectly viable. The dash on Shred is just lovely. Then slammed Blood howl (heals + attack speed + crit chance via legendary affix), Earthen Bulwark (absorption + unstoppable + fortify), Hurricane (slow + vulnerability) and suddenly I got a very viable and fun melee build.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Mar 26, 2023, 10:50:39 AM
Dialogue and voice acting of early Diablo 4 is worse than Path of Exile and Pillars of Eternity.

Also if you design an online arpg: keep cutscenes to a minimum. The first time it is ok, but on consequent playthroughs it starts to get on your nerves. F.E.A.R. is a prime example as shooter which has no cutscenes (except 2 short ones in the beginning) to keep you in the action all the time.

Gladly I played the open beta but I won't be purchasing it.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
xPiranha wrote:
"
next year? shit they will do a sale a couple months after official release.

Hoho, no doubt.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info