What would you say are purely brick mods?

When I say brick I mean NO BUILD in the history of the game has EVER USED IT. (tier's don't count). The one I can think of is "reduced attributes requirement". Followed closely by the "stun" requirements ones. I would love to see this post gain lots of comments and maybe GGG can retire these mods to the legacy graveyard or maybe create items that use them or rework them. (for example the stat one could be improved simply by making it stackable and global for all items on the build).
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2023, 4:56:44 PM
Reduced attributes requirement is extremely useful for off-coloring.
Has anyone ever used the "reflect" mod for anything? That's the first mod that comes to my mind.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Thorns and Light Radius.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
TemjinGold wrote:
Reduced attributes requirement is extremely useful for off-coloring.

not just that but it also enables say str builds using high dex/int requirement bases, bringing something from 200 down to closer to 140 stat required makes it far more usable. highly underrated stat.

the only brick mod is reflect which is barely even useful in act 1... ggg can pump its numbers to like 10x of what it currently is and it would still be bad... but do something.
Reduced attribute requirements is useful when leveling gems also. If you want to use Bow + Maloney's Mechanism on swap, to level 9 gems instead of 6, you might want a bow with Reduced Attributes Requirements. Bows have high dexterity requirement, usually it's not be cheap to find a base with 6 white sockets AND less then 100 dexterity requirement.
ever since they buffed life regen to be respectable, its really reflect/thorns

some would argue stun recovery, but it actually is noticeable on characters with little life and no stun immunity or chance to avoid stun, especially if you use block. probably still a brick in terms of items because no one ever looks at it as desirable, but at least useful and can save your ass in very rare, specific situations

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info