[3.21] Winter Orb Build | Occultist | Crucible | Path of Exile 3.21
Hey guys, winter orb occultist build is here. Winter Orb is a channelling skill. Channeling the skill charges up an orb, which fires icy projectiles to deal cold damage enemies, which target the ground to deal area of effect damage.
Using void batteries and badge of the brotherhood. Badge of the Brotherhood has a unique mod that "Your Maximum Frenzy Charges is equal to your Maximum Power Charges". So we can have 10 power and frenzy charges.
- High Budget: 50-100 div
Power Charges: Playing with 10 power charges
- Overcharge, Instability, Infused (Skill Tree), +3 Power Charge
- Forbidden Power (Ascendancy), +1 Power Charge
- 2x Void Battery, +2 Power Charge
- Helmet implicit, +1 Power Charge
Glorious Vanity: Doryani version to get Corrupted Soul.
Leveling: Leveling gems and trees are in the video.
- Axiom Perpetuum (2x)
- Tabula Rasa
- Karui Ward
- Tasalio's Sign
- Death Rush
- Seven-League Step
- Lochtonial Caress
- Replica Prismweave
Skill Tree: http://poeurl.com/dP9z
Build Video: https://youtu.be/AzjBnFmaJd4
Bandits: Kill All
- Arcane Surge Support no longer causes Arcane Surge to grant more Spell Damage. Instead, it now causes Arcane Surge to grant 10% increased Cast Speed
(Footage is from 3.20)
Winter Orb (Phantasmal) - Infused Channelling (Anomalous) - Added Cold Damage (Awakened) - Power Charge On Critical - Inspiration (Divergent) - Greater Multiple Projectiles (Anomalous)
Herald of Ice - Hatred - Determination - Enlighten (Lvl 3)
Arcanist Brand - Assassin's Mark (Anomalous) - Frostbite - Elemental Weakness
Vortex (Divergent) - Bonechill (Divergent) - Unbound Ailments (Awakened) - Arcane Surge (Lvl 9) (Anomalous)
Flame Dash / Summon Lightning Golem / Clarity (Lvl 1)
Vaal Molten Shell (Lvl 10) - Cast when Damage Taken (Lvl 1) - Frost Shield (Lvl 1)
Last edited by wishdropper on Apr 3, 2023, 2:36:00 PM
Last bumped on May 1, 2023, 6:02:13 AM
on Feb 21, 2023, 1:35:49 PM
Looks good, winter orb back to its glory days :D
the badge of the brotherhood gives u maximum frenzy equal power but allows u to gain frenzy?
how to get frenzy, i cant understand
on Apr 5, 2023, 5:37:12 AM
His body armour is responsible for that. Personally, I prefer using lv 1 Vaal Cold Snap in a CWDT setup, it procs often + there's on demand vaal version and more importantly I can safely click altars that have global defence demerit for every frenzy charge since I can just remove Cold Snap gem temporarily.
Although in this particular build defences aren't high in the first place so not sure if it's that big of a deal. Whenever I play Channeling skill I use CwC-Bodyswap instead of two weakest supports so I can just hold a Channeling spell button and "flicker" through most of the map and since I'm in a melee range vs tankier targets this way - I do need all the defences I have on me, lol.
Last edited by MrCinos on Apr 5, 2023, 4:24:15 PM
I love this build, its amazing and strong thanks alot :)
If you dont mind here is my version of Worb(-cwc-Bodyswap) build that I league-started this league:
Random Vaal Temple clear:
With up to 200+k eHP (with actives ofc) when using Aegis shield instead, which I did pre-100 so that I wouldnt worry about accidental deaths ever
One of the few reasons I enjoyed playing and upgrading my take on Worb build:
0) The build benefits from stationary bonuses - like Ralakesh boots or Sporeguard for instance even while zooming around the battlefield because bodyswap doesnt count as moving. The only things that don't work are stationary bonuses that build up over time, like Soul of Tukohama pantheon or Nature's Patience keystone
1) Much more tanky than most worb builds these days - 4 defensive auras in addition to Hatred/Herald of Ice, up to 75/75% block depending on the shield you use and its corruptions, I was at 75/70% with a corrupted Aegis without Rumi's Concoction before
2) Still more than decent (full) DPS and while you may notice Vortex is included into my PoB DPS - using Vortex is much less clunky when you use Worb linked with cwc-Bodyswap. You're always on top of the enemy while bodyswapping so holding both WO and Vortex buttons at all times you never really miss landing Vortex so you get full value from it
3) Thanks to decent / high eHP numbers you dont really need freeze/strong chill. That's where Alternating Sceptre comes as a really good alternative or that one Secret of Suffering jewel. You get huge source of Brittle that lets you to get rid of Diamond flask and still have 100% crit + get some bits of scorch/sap as well
4) Ylfeban's circlet is amazing here - since you're in melee range due to bodyswaps you proc curses all the time, not to mention shocking grounds - so you get shock source even when you have Secret of Suffering and can't shock by yourself. It also helps that even good roll double corrupted circlets are pretty cheap
5) Impurity of Ice active is underappreciated - it lets you to ignore getting exposure/penetration/frostbite-ele weakness curses freeing you a lot of space on items/gems/jewels. Most of the trash mobs die quickly either way and if you find something very resistant, you just press Impuirty of Ice button and the mob's res goes to 0. I'm talking about times before you boost your DPS appropriately here - at this point I dont really feel the need to use it anymore due to my numbers but still leave it in the build as a tribute for helping me getting to this point
Last edited by MrCinos on Apr 30, 2023, 10:53:44 AM
Just a heads ups Anomalous Ice Bite is far more damage than even a level 6 Awakened Cold Damage.
Also for the person asking about frenzy. You use the chest to get charges on bosses. You can get charges on trash mobs from ice bite and/or disciple of the Slaughter anoint.
Also amazing as far as frenzy charge "generation" goes, though in my case thanks to bodyswap I never ever actually move in fights as charges dont disappear while character is bodyswapping. Technically you can still utilize the boots with regular WO 6-link while frostblinking here and there to dodge something coming to hit you
Last edited by MrCinos on May 1, 2023, 6:02:42 AM