[RIP 3.20.0 - 3.20.2c] FASTEST stationary build in the world - Warping Tendrils Inquisitor. GIGATank

Ok big brain time. While investigating knockback (it felt really fun when you got Brutal Shrine while mapping, especially on blights since I personally don't build towers) I realized how powerful clusters can be. Not only they provide powerful passives, but also jewel sockets that are very valuable as of 3.20.

I came up with pathing below:
https://pobb.in/u/Ansharit/Uh3y_33p0L76

How it is possible:
Mind Over Matter Invocation (5 div at the moment) on our already busted relic
Unavailable
Sanctum is the best league ever I guess!

What it provides and what it solves:
1. 3 more jewel sockets
2. life leech(Doryani's Lessons notable)
3. NOT WORKING CORRECTLY Arcane Surge(Arcane Adept notable) - good old Permanent Arcane Surge, but freeing up Watcher's Eye slot!
4. Damage (both increases to spell/elemental/lightning damage and ailment effect, like Overshock notable)
5. Knock-BACK! (Thunderstruck notable, since we hit rapidly (~10 times a sec) and have good crit(~65% with no flasks) we can have reliable knock-BACK!)

BACK-BACK-BACK!

(And yeah I don't understand why it's 31 mil dps btw, IT IS NOT!(yet))
Last edited by Ansharit on Feb 24, 2023, 1:15:46 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Very interesting! What's wrong with Arcane Adept?
"
Very interesting! What's wrong with Arcane Adept?

While it does provide us with Arcane Surge it lasts only 4 seconds and is not refreshed. You'd have to stop channeling and then start again, it's not permanent.

I refuse to sacrifice QoL for some damage increases. I opted for only 1 large
lightning cluster and 2 medium channeling clusters and sheesh those are POWERFUL.
Last edited by Ansharit on Feb 24, 2023, 1:13:25 AM
Is it really dead? I'm doing the math, and I THINK it should be fine? Correct me if my math is wrong...

Previously it did 55 to 1052 base damage, turning into 165 to 3156 pm every 4th hit, an average of 82 to 1578.

The new version will do 75 to 1420 base damage (90% of the previous base damage), with a guaranteed crit every 3rd hit (which doesn't matter if you were already getting up to 100% crit, but your pob shows 74%), plus 30% more added damage effectiveness. If you changed literally nothing about your build, you'd have an effective 82% crit chance.

If current damage is n * (1 - .74) + n * .74 * 3.707 = 3n
The new damage would be (n * .9) * (1 - .82) + (n * .9) * .82 * 3.707 = 2.9n

So it's like 3% less damage. And that's assuming you don't make any changes to add flat damage or move crit chance over to more crit multi, since crit chance is not quite as useful when it only applies to 2/3rd of your hits.

I THINK that's right? Or am I missing something? Curious, because I was thinking about playing a Lightning Tendrils Inquisitor this league and yours is the only recent build I've seen, so I was eager to check it out, but worried that you say it's dead. (I was thinking of doing a build with Marylene's, but obviously without the Frenzy charges, it's a different build.)

Last edited by estyles31 on Mar 31, 2023, 7:13:53 PM
Spoiler
"
estyles31 wrote:
Is it really dead? I'm doing the math, and I THINK it should be fine? Correct me if my math is wrong...

Previously it did 55 to 1052 base damage, turning into 165 to 3156 pm every 4th hit, an average of 82 to 1578.

The new version will do 75 to 1420 base damage (90% of the previous base damage), with a guaranteed crit every 3rd hit (which doesn't matter if you were already getting up to 100% crit, but your pob shows 74%), plus 30% more added damage effectiveness. If you changed literally nothing about your build, you'd have an effective 82% crit chance.

If current damage is n * (1 - .74) + n * .74 * 3.707 = 3n
The new damage would be (n * .9) * (1 - .82) + (n * .9) * .82 * 3.707 = 2.9n

So it's like 3% less damage. And that's assuming you don't make any changes to add flat damage or move crit chance over to more crit multi, since crit chance is not quite as useful when it only applies to 2/3rd of your hits.

I THINK that's right? Or am I missing something? Curious, because I was thinking about playing a Lightning Tendrils Inquisitor this league and yours is the only recent build I've seen, so I was eager to check it out, but worried that you say it's dead. (I was thinking of doing a build with Marylene's, but obviously without the Frenzy charges, it's a different build.)

There are no longer relics for MoM invocation, so clusters are harder to fit in.
We're losing a lot of ailment effect since stronger pulses no longer have crit+6x damage, only crit.

In my final iteration of this build we had "lucky hits": Triple damage + Crit + Stronger Pulse. And since LTendrils hit fast it was a reliable way to apply strong Freeze/Chill/Shock.

I have a feeling that LTendrils is to become some sort of supplemental skill for big ignite builds (with new mastery "50% chance to refresh Ignite Duration on Critical Strike" and the fact that LTendrils hit quickly).
didnt see the bit of drama before i wrote this, no accusations here. just thoughts.
I wiggled mathil's tendrils build from sanctum to work with the changes. his build was squishier than this one, but ive managed increase the dps while i think i actually lowered the cost slightly(depending a bit, i need conductivity on hit from a ring. heres a pob if anyone is interested in a version of mathil's tendril elementalist adjusted for 3.21.
i removed the oos and swap for clear, just to not need 2 6l staves.
https://pastebin.com/vHVvQkPc
unless im misreading the ailment threshold information in the calculations tab for shock effect, it should still hit 50%, even 65% with mastery(like 40ish on uber boss). i did a little jiggle with yours as far as custom config to correct for the gem changes and yours also seems ok.
perhaps some of the ideas i used here could be applied to this build. as an aside, new quality peaks at around 27% or so, stacking quality is less damage past that.

edit, i didnt go too far in depth, i just added the custom config and set support gems, moved a couple nodes to get MoM back. and yeah it seems ok? let me know if something looks weird. also lvl 4 enlighten, could pick the mana mastery though. https://pastebin.com/uyf8hyHP
Last edited by confessorkahlanrahl on Apr 7, 2023, 3:24:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info