About Combining Stacks

I don't know about you, but I have my stacks of scroll of Wisdom, Alchemy Shard, Transmutation and Alteration Shards placed in a specific location in the Stash.

Now let's say I got 15 Shards of Transmutation and I put another 6 on them. What happens then, is I got 1 Shard of Transmutation "in my hand".

I would prefer to have the Orb itself in my hand! So I can then put it in its own stack.

Instead, the game forces me to click yet again, so that I put my remaining Shards back in their place.

I know this is not a major hassle, but we all want this game to be perfect, don't we?

Thoughts?
My article promoting PoE:
http://www.axonnsays.com/2013/01/you-are-invited-to-the-path-of-exile-open-beta

Running PoE on an Intel i5 2500K, Radeon 7950 OC, SSD Vertex 3 MI, 8 GB RAM.
I'm also a Software Engineer and Indie Game Developer ::- ). Go Go GGG!!!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
like Book of Identyfing scrolls/Town Portal etc ? In Diablo,FATE
Last edited by Macronne on May 26, 2012, 2:12:03 PM
That's not so bad, because it's a click where your mouse already is.

What's bad is having a place in the stash for accumulating stacks of orbs and another place for completed stacks:

- Have stack of 19 orbs.
- Find two more.
- Place in stash - now have full stack in stash, one in hand.
- Click furiously, nothing happens.
- Realize I have to drop single orb somewhere before moving full stack, before putting single orb in place of full stack.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
CelticHound brings an interesting point really.

Solution: what if upon placing your shards in the stack, the resulting Orb would go DIRECTLY in its own stack? It would be awesome I think!

Special cases:

1. If no stack of Orbs exists, the Orb should be placed directly above or below the stack.

2. No place left in that Stash tab: keep the orb in hand (but THE ORB, not the Shards).

3. In all cases I believe the Stack of Orbs in which the resulting Orb goes should be highlighted briefly, perhaps intermittently, to clearly indicate a player where their Orb went.
My article promoting PoE:
http://www.axonnsays.com/2013/01/you-are-invited-to-the-path-of-exile-open-beta

Running PoE on an Intel i5 2500K, Radeon 7950 OC, SSD Vertex 3 MI, 8 GB RAM.
I'm also a Software Engineer and Indie Game Developer ::- ). Go Go GGG!!!
This is something many people have told us! It's something we'll probably change once we get to the polishing stage of development.
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info