Garbage Truck Simulator. Addicting waste of time game.

I came back after a year looking for a game I could play as arpg's are my favorite. But I enjoy mixing it up with builds and hunting loot. I found out PoE offers none of this.

I have 20 days playtime this season. And I played on console.

What a miserable time I had playing. Kept thinking the game would get better. My drops would get better and my time spent would be rewarded eventually. All things that never happened.

I was rust after not playing for a year but I was able to take two characters to level 95 and 97 and after a few failures I was able to beat all end game bosses, and ubers deathless. Which I was never able to do in past leagues.

I tried everything in the atlas passive tree. Nothing was rewarding or worth the time. The best thing you could do was block everything off and make your maps better to run with more pack size and quality of loot.

Me describing the atlas tree is like picking a job except your choices are work at McDonalds, Walmart, School Janitor, life guard, or farmer.

I felt like I was a garbage truck driver. The game throws up so much trash and I have to spend all my time sorting through it looking for value. Mapping 10hrs sessions all day going through millions of pieces of loot to maybe pick up a couple things that end up fetching me a few divines.

The game is just work. You grind for very little. Its unrewarding for the time spent. What this league showed me is if I want to play PoE. I will have to play it 10hrs a day every league. The way this game is set up is you either are all in or out. There is no playing for a few hrs a day unless you want to go nowhere and find nothing.

I had about 60d in my character and 70d in my stash. Might seem like allot but that is about 3 divines a day which is nothing. I made 90% of my currency from farming harvest currency.

I do not gamble in real life. I find this game is very addicting. I put my currency into a half div set for HH and Mageblood. Gambled both and lost both times. Deleted my level 95, 97. Also deleted all my standard characters after to take it farther and I had about 5 head hunters and they were all pretty loaded.

Been playing games since the first Nintendo. This game is very addicting. Maybe as addicting as games can be. The issue for me is I never had any fun playing. I kept pushing telling myself the exciting drops will come. I will eventually be rewarded for my time but that never happened.

My first eater map I got the exalt shrine. I still thought Exalts were top currency when I started. I got 18x exalts. For a second I was very excited. Then I found out about the Divine/Exalt change. Still was a fun drop. I got this exalt altar 1 map later again. I had 32x exalts in 3 maps. I then read about the Divine altar. A month later I never seen a Exalt altar ever again and hit the Divine altar on my last altar and got 4x divines. This really sucked.

Anyways I deleted everything. When something is addicting, unrewarding and not fun yet you still are playing it. That is a red flag for something F'd up. What will I do with all my free time I just picked up. I will start a NBA 2k23 season. And Play some Harry Potter in a few weeks. Game should be fun rewarding without having to sink your whole life into it.
Last edited by Id1eRace on Jan 25, 2023, 1:30:38 PM
Last bumped on Feb 12, 2023, 3:33:04 PM
This is not an airport, no need to announce your departure Exile.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
you had a MB, HH, hundreds of divines etc...and you dont think thats rewarding enough? what more could you get to feel rewarded?
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Jan 25, 2023, 1:44:03 PM
I didnt have a MB or HH. I never found anything great in 20 days playtime. My best finds were a couple req keys and awakener gems from bosses. I made my currency from grinding harvest like a job making tiny amount a currency but spending 20days playtime.

Its not fun doing a 500+ harvest runs a day than trying to sell it and saving up a whole league so maybe you can get a HH or MB a few weeks before league ends.

I am sorry but a MB or HH is required to get to level 100 if you don't cheat and do 5 ways and get carried.

"
Id1eRace wrote:

I am sorry but a MB or HH is required to get to level 100 if you don't cheat and do 5 ways and get carried.

it's not a requirement for level 100 at all lol.
a HH helps some to speed clear maps faster but you can easily level to 100 without it.
MB is just an item to add more damage into your build cause you can fix all def with just the belt and flask. also not a requirement for a level 100 character.
You can easily level a character to 100 with just 1kk dmg but alright.
Even the first level 100 characters during the first days run around with trash gear, and all the ssf player manage to get to 100 without it.

https://poe.ninja/challengessf/builds?time-machine=week-2
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jan 26, 2023, 1:16:32 AM
Doing Eater and Exarch does not feel rewarding at all. I actually never got a big drop from them EVER!
Also I think (monster dropped) loot is in uncomfortable place as it is all locked behind eater/exarch altars... So you just go in do the league mechanic you buffed and then if no good altar you just quit the map because killing the mobs without good altar bonus is not worth it. yeah killing mobs not worth it in a loot game... getting into the next map doing your mechanic and hoping for better altar is much better.

But saying a RMT belt is needed for lvl 100 is wrong, my deadeye with only evade and elusive as defense just turned 97 by doing deli mirror and go farming.
Last edited by MaxW81 on Jan 28, 2023, 6:34:29 PM
"
Id1eRace wrote:

I mean, that's just wrong. I got to level 100 this league without any of that. Just farmed breach a lot, ran the breachstones. A lot of pure breachstones from 99-100.

Are there even legit 5 way carry services on console? This isn't PC where that stuff is very accessible.
Last edited by Anton__Chigur on Feb 6, 2023, 7:39:41 AM
Console market should be able buyout offline instantly on right price
"
VaalDarkyo wrote:

this

But by some sketchy Vision GGG thinks trade should be a horrible experience.
"
MaxW81 wrote:
"
VaalDarkyo wrote:

this

But by some sketchy Vision GGG thinks trade should be a horrible experience.

yea. but console market need autobuy so much. wish ggg can listen to us

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info