LA BowRauder, need help

Hi,

I am following the LA bowrauder build from exilepro.

I was using a 2h (HS + cyclone) to level. When I switched over to bows I found that my DPS sucks. HORRIBLY, and my survivabilty isn't all that great either.

Old 2h DPS:
HS: 1.5k
Cyclone: 880

Now:
Ele hit: 660
LA: 220

HP: 2.3k
Resi:
72%
74%
80%
Armour: About 2.5k

Level: 63

Tree:

Gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by kluch on Apr 15, 2013, 7:16:46 AM
Try to switch chain and added fire damage gems to weapon elemental damage gems. And of course look for better gear with more linked sockets.
This is because your gear is not only sub-optimal, but horrible. You cannot really play an LA bow marauder with the gear from your melee marauder. You need to almost completely replace your gear.

As for the sockets and links, get a 4L 2R2G and socket LA-LMP-WED-LoH in it. When you get a 5L, make it 3G2R and add Chain to the combination.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Cool, what am I looking for on gear?
Life/resi
Wep Ele damage?
+ele damage?
Attack speed is also very strong. I found that running frenzy instead of Ele hit at least during aoe is a great attack speed booster. Spend your first 3 shots hitting off frenzy, then switch to either aoe or ele hit with that extra attack speed carried over. Huge dps increase.

Refresh stacks as late as possible and try to keep them up unless playing safe and needing to scout before charging in.

I play an ele split arrow build With chain. I use blood magic gems for frenzy and for split arrow because I want my auras.

I have potentially sub optimal gear, aside from having 4 link in all slots and a pretty good bow that I got lucky on. Thicket with 2 ele rolls. One being a max lightning.

With only anger and wrath as offensive auras. I get about 3k dps on frenzy (Frenzy, blood magic, weapon ele dmg, faster attacks) and about 750 per arrow on split arrow (Split arrow, blood magic, LoH and chain) .
I also run a LMP ice shot totem with culling strike for harder packs and for bosses.

I know that LA is the better option for a standard ele build. I am possibly going to switch to it when I get a 5 or 6 link.

I am also level 64 right now, so not far from you. I am a little chaos blocked with western forest as those archers are harder to dodge than the snakes and they hit about 5 times harder. I am farming to get some chaos res rings and amulets to switch out when I am going through those areas.

Anyway, Attack speed is another great stat for ele attackers of any kind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info