Gruthkul, Greust campaign feedback audio and visual improvements.

These two fights feels like it is missing a few things to bring it inline with other fights in the game.

The arena has black tendrils that don't seem to be part of the fight or any sort of the mechanics as they don't mark any arena zones or areas to avoid.

The attacks from Gruthkul are the same animation slams and runs as other similar beasts, however in this case the effects are black??? Its phenomenally hard to tell Gruthkul does a scream move but visually you can almost see nothing with the contrast of the arena. So figuring out positioning other than away from is hard to decipher.

There is also dark grey puff clouds that float around and are part of the fight, these are difficult to tell apart from the effects on the ground that are the black decorations all over. Do these trigger because of the scream? Because I got hit? Are they just randomly meandering about?

If there was some additional contrast/lights or effect outlines on the attacks to be able to discern safety zones, I know this is the mother of darkness and thematically the fight is meant to be very dark.

Ahuatotli, the Blind's fight comes to mind for an example on how this fight could be visually improved using clever darkness and lights. If placed correctly Gruthkul could be a towering terror of darkness where the small bits of light are your only respite would look great to see Gruthkul reach up to slam with a spotlight above so the shadow of the arms would engulf your character if standing in the wrong spot...

I noticed some audio discrepancies with Gruthkil and Greust compared to other fights and it seems that these two fights don't have the 3D positional sound setup that other battles do to help guide the player in dodging attacks, and audio cues before attacks are very silent or easily missed. Would be nice to be able to fight with your ears as you can in other fights like Tukohama and their fire pillar. Besides Gruthkul's roll their positioning is fairly silent.

Greust's character model could also be about 20% larger during the fight in the Ashen Fields, This would make it that much easier to see his telegraphs and engage in the fight.
Last bumped on Jan 11, 2023, 3:31:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info