[3.20] Herald of Thunder autobomber Assassin | 10m+ DPS

Henlo!

This is more of a showcase than an actual build guide, but if anyone has any questions - feel free to ask them, I will try to help the best I can.

I've made a similar build back in 3.11, when Explo mod on body armours was still at it's peak. It was more or less a copy of build made by mbXtreme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovh5Qp5C8R8

I fell in love with the playstyle but then the nerf hammer hit and explo from body armours got nerfed to the ground.

This league I thought to myself that I will once again attempt to do the build and here it is. Is it perfect? No. Is it even good? Also no. Is it fun? With Cast on death portal it can be semi-enjoyable.

Jokes aside, I've had some fun playing it and will probably do it again (unless we get some nerfs).

Side note: The build is not perfectly optimised. There is still a lot of possible improvement: Aspect of The Cat, double curse setup with awakened hextouch, 3rd cluster, maybe some more defenses and so on.

Pros:
Spoiler
1. Not too expensive - quite niche build.
2. Good clear, great single target dmg.
3. One button playstyle.

Cons:
Spoiler
1. Squishy.
2. Not too durable.
3. No defensive layers.
4. Can get 1-shot quite often, especially with deadly mods.

Map mods:
Spoiler
Can do basically all map mods with few exceptions:
1. Ele reflect will kill us. We can mitigate this by swapping pantheon and one of the rings to reduced reflected damage taken. It lowers our dmg by around 23%, but works.
2. Cannot Leech - this will only hurt on tankier mobs/bosses, although haven't noticed it much unless it's a pinnacle boss.
3. Monsters have x% chance to avoid elemental ailments - usually harder to get our Herald of Thunder going and might need to reapply brands/orb of storms more often. Also worse clear, because Inpulsa explodes only shocked enemies.

Short FAQ:
Spoiler
1. Is this build HC viable?
- Yes, until you die, which will happen fast, probably even before you start this build.
2. Is it expensive?
- I don't think so. Probably the most expensive thing I have in the build is +2 Inpulsa, but you can easily manage without it, just 6L one is enough.
3. Can it do XYZ?
- Santcum - Yes and it's quite good, although I failed it two or three times when I got 1-shot (HP damage, not resolve). Still, could recommend. Not for The Original Sin run tho.
- Normal Eater/Exarch/Maven/Sirus/Cortex - Yes, usually even deathless (I suck at dodging);
- Uber Eater/Exarch/Mave... - Yes, if you dodge well and RNG is on your side. I managed to kill Uber Eater and that's all. Attempted Uber Maven and failed with her being less than 15% HP (I suck at dodging); Uber Shaper and failed in the last phase (I suck at dodging); Uber Sirus and failed in the last phase (I suck at dodging);
- Delve - haven't tried, but too squishy and prone to 1-shots;
- Maven's Invitations - Yes, even The Feared (although I did white one only);

POB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/Z8EXSG6L

Some unedited gameplay video:

Last edited by shalannn on Jan 7, 2023, 5:46:45 PM
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2023, 9:29:39 AM
Hello. I'm trying to build some type of glass cannon auto-bomber. I went elementalist HoT but would assassin be a better pick? Would you mind explaining the pros and cons to assassin vs elementalist? Thanks in advance.
"
Nekmon wrote:
Hello. I'm trying to build some type of glass cannon auto-bomber. I went elementalist HoT but would assassin be a better pick? Would you mind explaining the pros and cons to assassin vs elementalist? Thanks in advance.

I would say that the assassin is better for single target, while elementalist should have better clear. I am not exactly sure about that, because I've never played elementalist autobomber. Assassin scales really well with power charges.
Last edited by shalannn on Jan 17, 2023, 5:04:22 PM
Here's the link to my HoT elementalist i played to 98 last league:

https://pastebin.com/uBzbSZ9E

At the end of the league i tested it on assasin with some minor tweaks but single target, clear and tankiness were actually all better on the elementalist.

However, there's definitely some flexibility on the cluster jewels, exactly how much crit to get etc. on assasin you might be able to achieve 100% crit by prioritizing base crit + multi.

This build was a sanctum mechanic MONSTER. i could run through the entire thing and just ignore all the mechanics.

I plan on farming 5-10 divines then switching to this build again. Here is a baseline gear setup i tested that can run T16's consistently:
https://pastebin.com/9QuJCQTM 5L inpulsa is required, i tried it with tabula and its bad.

Also, it plays REALLY well on the steamdeck.
Last edited by AdamSanders on Apr 1, 2023, 9:33:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info