[3.21] Herald of Thunder Elementalist Autobomber, Best Mapping Build

Hi! Here is my Herald of Thunder Elementalist Autobomber, Walking Simulator. Extremely good for fast mapping, 1-2 mins for T16 maps full clear. Very relaxing and enjoyable playstyle, you just need to use Frostblink at start of the map and then just run and take loot.

Videos:
Build Video, compilation of mapping and bossing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_IxnASIAB4
T16 mapping with old hard Wrath of the Cosmos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17tQup92g6o
T15 Beachhead Map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhe2_BGAZJE

If you have questions about this build, better write them in comments on YouTube, I don't check comments here

Pros:
- insanely good for mapping
- cool offscreen explosions
- relaxing, enjoyable playstyle
- 8 hits per second, HoT is acting like defensive layer (no human factor or delay of dmg when beyond or eldritch monsters spawn, strongboxes opened etc)
- fast movement/clear speed
- good for expeditions, legions, breaches, blights, harbingers farming
- mobs just can't hit you, they insta die
- not bad health pool (4.4k life and 2.8k ES)
- 4 endurance charges + Immortal call almost all the time
- strong chills (40%) and shocks (50%)
- most items are cheap (from 50c to 1-2 div), except staff
- auto curses, auto flasks
- 2% life and 2% ES on kill

Cons:
- can't use auras, only Herald of Thunder, Aspect of the Spider and Arctic Armour
- almost no defenses except endurance charges and Immortal Call (but as mentioned in Pros, mobs just don't have time to hit you), still on death effects or big AoE hits can oneshot you sometimes (very rare from my experience)
- not so good for bossing, 5.8M DPS, which is enough for all map bosses but bit low for Sirus, Shaper etc (still doable, check build video)
- Cane of Kulemak Staff can be expensive (15-30 div), but can be replaced by Agnerod South or Annihilating Light
- you have to use self cast spells (Spark/Arc) until lvl 68 at least, when u can equip Inpulsa, Storm Gift gloves and Strom Secret rings to make build work

Gear:

POB: https://pastebin.com/rYYBZ16q

Last edited by Kostiantyn92 on May 4, 2023, 6:32:04 AM
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2024, 11:53:11 AM
reserved
I like the concept but what do you think about being HC proof ? :D
Didnt play since months but I wanna try something fun and I liked the video (Still dont know what to go for since 2days :()

What about leveling ?
Last edited by JeagerX on Dec 14, 2022, 11:45:32 AM
Any budget version please? Also - can it run elemental reflect maps?
which bandits and what order for ascendancy?
Edit: nvm found it on video.
Last edited by Emporrado on Dec 15, 2022, 12:44:31 AM
"
JeagerX wrote:
I like the concept but what do you think about being HC proof ? :D
Didnt play since months but I wanna try something fun and I liked the video (Still dont know what to go for since 2days :()

What about leveling ?

Definitely not HC viable, no defenses, so can be oneshots

Use spark/arc for levelling, until lvl 62 when u can use Inpulsa, also u need Strom gift gloves (or rare one with shock proliferation) and Storm Secret rings
"
Kociuk wrote:
Any budget version please? Also - can it run elemental reflect maps?

Use Agnerod South, it's much cheaper, good for start. Or Annihilating Light, dmg will be even higher than Cane of Kulemak, but hard to get enough res. All other items are not very expensive, just 1-2 div

U can run ele reflect maps by swapping one ring to Sibyl's Lament and minor pantheon of Yugul, so u will have 100% reduced reflected dmg taken.
Last edited by Kostiantyn92 on Dec 17, 2022, 6:22:09 AM
Ok, so please don't hit me with the sticks because of that question, but how I should evade the deadly 250 from those Storm Secrets?..
Hey,
i wanna start this build but i don't find the gloves with the Life Recovery Mod. Is the mod mandatory?
"
FabulousFubar wrote:
Ok, so please don't hit me with the sticks because of that question, but how I should evade the deadly 250 from those Storm Secrets?..

You get life leech in cluster jewels and es leach in gem/cluster jewel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info