[3.23 Cold Conversion Blade Vortex Elementalist / Occultist (League Starter + League Finisher)

Hi, I have been watching your videos for a long time. Really like the look of the build. I'm a fairly casual player, I have saved about 14 Div. Is the Tanking up Version of the build sufficient to blast T16 Jungle Valley, Harvest, Expedition, and Full Juiced crucible easily and fast? Or Do I need to save more and just go straight for Occultist?

Thanks
"
Trellheim7575 wrote:
Hi, I have been watching your videos for a long time. Really like the look of the build. I'm a fairly casual player, I have saved about 14 Div. Is the Tanking up Version of the build sufficient to blast T16 Jungle Valley, Harvest, Expedition, and Full Juiced crucible easily and fast? Or Do I need to save more and just go straight for Occultist?

Thanks

The tanking up version should definitely be able to handle all map juice short of high % delirium, but fully juiced crucibles are gonna be a little tough unless you're finding that you're able to consistently freeze them
Hello!

Thank you for the build guides and the videos, I have 400 hours in the game over 3 or so leagues playing toxic rain or scourge arrow pathfinder. Recently in this league I have been enjoying farming twisted invitations + maps successfully, but I was getting tired of the stop and go playstyle that TR has. That lead me to farm up gear for for the occultist ver. of this build on the POB.

I believe that I have pieced a gear set similar to the "occultist" set in the POB, however, I have difficulty dealing enough damage to the shaper bosses and elder guardians. In addition, I am not tanky.

I am having some difficulty with tanking through these fights and was wondering if there was anything I was missing beyond having more life, more armor (my determination is str locked at the moment), and more spell suppression). In addition, I feel as if I am not doing as much damage as I should be doing. I can eventually beat the elder guardians individually but it takes a few portals, and I definitely cannot do 100%+ quantity invitations and I'm hoping to fix this!

I hope someone can help me find discrepancies in my gear or help me find a direction for improvement (in both damage and defense) that will help me better farm twisted invitations and their maps so I can learn more about this build and the game in general.

Thank you for the help! The POB with my gear and tree/jewel set up is below. I've overwritten the provided occultist POB to hopefully match the settings.

https://pobb.in/20jsZv83w_AM
Last edited by Silvado on May 20, 2023, 9:32:46 PM
"
Silvado wrote:
Hello!

Thank you for the build guides and the videos, I have 400 hours in the game over 3 or so leagues playing toxic rain or scourge arrow pathfinder. Recently in this league I have been enjoying farming twisted invitations + maps successfully, but I was getting tired of the stop and go playstyle that TR has. That lead me to farm up gear for for the occultist ver. of this build on the POB.

I believe that I have pieced a gear set similar to the "occultist" set in the POB, however, I have difficulty dealing enough damage to the shaper bosses and elder guardians. In addition, I am not tanky.

I am having some difficulty with tanking through these fights and was wondering if there was anything I was missing beyond having more life, more armor (my determination is str locked at the moment), and more spell suppression). In addition, I feel as if I am not doing as much damage as I should be doing. I can eventually beat the elder guardians individually but it takes a few portals, and I definitely cannot do 100%+ quantity invitations and I'm hoping to fix this!

I hope someone can help me find discrepancies in my gear or help me find a direction for improvement (in both damage and defense) that will help me better farm twisted invitations and their maps so I can learn more about this build and the game in general.

Thank you for the help! The POB with my gear and tree/jewel set up is below. I've overwritten the provided occultist POB to hopefully match the settings.

One of the first things I'd try to change is getting a better weapon, and taking advantage of some crucible nodes like -weapon crit / +global multi, you're missing out on a lot of potential DPS there.

Next, try to get pieces that have base armour as well as the evasion needed for them to roll spell suppression, this really adds up.

Your spell suppression needs some boosting as well, try to get higher tiers as you're getting the hybrid arm/eva pieces together.

You're definitely going to want to go for more conversion on your gloves so that you can get an actual damage boosting watcher's eye instead of the conversion one. It's ok to have less than 100% as long as you're not getting below 85-90.

You also very badly need some more levels, and are wasting a lot of points on the left side of the tree when you can't reach the power charge/jewel slot yet, so put those somewhere more useful until you have the levels to fill out the real tree.

Lastly, you seem to have a fair amount of investment in energy shield, which without leech/regen/recharge improvements is going to be minimally useful at best, so see what you can do about getting more life instead.
"
"
Silvado wrote:
Hello!

One of the first things I'd try to change is getting a better weapon, and taking advantage of some crucible nodes like -weapon crit / +global multi, you're missing out on a lot of potential DPS there.

Next, try to get pieces that have base armour as well as the evasion needed for them to roll spell suppression, this really adds up.

Your spell suppression needs some boosting as well, try to get higher tiers as you're getting the hybrid arm/eva pieces together.

You're definitely going to want to go for more conversion on your gloves so that you can get an actual damage boosting watcher's eye instead of the conversion one. It's ok to have less than 100% as long as you're not getting below 85-90.

You also very badly need some more levels, and are wasting a lot of points on the left side of the tree when you can't reach the power charge/jewel slot yet, so put those somewhere more useful until you have the levels to fill out the real tree.

Lastly, you seem to have a fair amount of investment in energy shield, which without leech/regen/recharge improvements is going to be minimally useful at best, so see what you can do about getting more life instead.

Appreciate the help! I hadn't considered the bit about allocating skill points into more useful areas before "regretting" them all into the main shape, I guess I was so focused on incremental progression, I hadn't considered the idea. I'm kinda spitballing some ideas, I hope you can provide your feedback as someone who is more experienced in crafting builds and adapting to a gear set:

I'll get a level and then I'll have 12 points for reallocation. I'll repick up the spell critical strike chance and annihilation notable, get str and dex nodes for a band-aid fix, and my idea for band-aiding the spell suppression chance before i start fixing that part of the gear was to pick up the magebane impossible escape and get spell suppression and skill duration from there. Then get a belt and craft 150 energy regen per second near rares or uniques on it. (Would this make ES a more worthwhile investment?). Finally get the charisma anoint to actually start using defiance banner (won't help as much for the actual elderslayers because of the phasing but better than not having it at all).

This will give me 91% spell suppression chance + lucky ~ 99%
A bit more damage off of the tree
Some more oomph out of that 1000 ES shield I have.

Next for damage, I upgrade the weapon as described and I get more conversion out of the gloves and aim for 90% and then switch to a damage watcher's eye.

Then remove the rubber-band defensive fixes by rolling better armor and spell suppression on pieces.

What do you think? I'm trying to minimize the amount of time I spend farming currency on my TR pathfinder which is why I would improve defense before damage (at least since I'm doing twisted invite farming)

"
Silvado wrote:

Appreciate the help! I hadn't considered the bit about allocating skill points into more useful areas before "regretting" them all into the main shape, I guess I was so focused on incremental progression, I hadn't considered the idea. I'm kinda spitballing some ideas, I hope you can provide your feedback as someone who is more experienced in crafting builds and adapting to a gear set:

I'll get a level and then I'll have 12 points for reallocation. I'll repick up the spell critical strike chance and annihilation notable, get str and dex nodes for a band-aid fix, and my idea for band-aiding the spell suppression chance before i start fixing that part of the gear was to pick up the magebane impossible escape and get spell suppression and skill duration from there. Then get a belt and craft 150 energy regen per second near rares or uniques on it. (Would this make ES a more worthwhile investment?). Finally get the charisma anoint to actually start using defiance banner (won't help as much for the actual elderslayers because of the phasing but better than not having it at all).

This will give me 91% spell suppression chance + lucky ~ 99%
A bit more damage off of the tree
Some more oomph out of that 1000 ES shield I have.

Next for damage, I upgrade the weapon as described and I get more conversion out of the gloves and aim for 90% and then switch to a damage watcher's eye.

Then remove the rubber-band defensive fixes by rolling better armor and spell suppression on pieces.

What do you think? I'm trying to minimize the amount of time I spend farming currency on my TR pathfinder which is why I would improve defense before damage (at least since I'm doing twisted invite farming)

The tree changes seem like a good idea, but I'm not as sold on the energy shield, you might have to try it and see how it feels.
"

The tree changes seem like a good idea, but I'm not as sold on the energy shield, you might have to try it and see how it feels.

Cool, I'm not sold on it either, to be honest, I just ended up with 1k ES from the shield, it wasn't even a priority. I'll give the belt enchant a shot, curious to see if it helps at all, there is some energy shield leech I can get, getting to lvl 92 and lvl 93 investing in leech would give me 139 166 ES leech per second respectively. The light eater node also gives 24% increased damage while on full energy shield so this would put me at 139+150 ES generation per second.

I'll try this out and report on how it feels. I'm not expecting it to be more than a band-aid fix if anything.
Last edited by Silvado on May 21, 2023, 5:59:24 PM
How much explode chance is ideal for mapping? Also what are your thoughts on scion BV compared to occultist BV?
"
mrjuicyaf wrote:
How much explode chance is ideal for mapping? Also what are your thoughts on scion BV compared to occultist BV?

Personally I like to have two of the following four sources: Explode Chest, Explode Synth Weapon, Oriath's End, Profane Bloom

I think the Scion and the Witch are pretty comparable in terms of strength and potential, less sold on a Scion BV league-starter though. It'll vary from league-to-league and even within leagues as to which one gets the best bang for your buck currency-wise.
Hey man thanks for the build, hoping you could tell me what I can upgrade or do for more DPS. Currently have 40div to spend. Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info