[3.23] [SC+HC] Righteous Fire (RF) Chieftain: One build to go from Act 2 leaguestart to pinnacles

switched to jugg things die before i can even set traps https://pastebin.com/j5wZCEc9

nice write up to op very nice n simple to understand
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Hi, i just buy Brass Dome to my build. That +5 max res, so my res is out of 90 now. Can you make a tree for Brass dome. Alot of passive tree are give nothing if wear The Brass Dome. tks, i follow your build and just die 5 time from lv1 till now lv94.
Also just noticed you mad e atypo on the Minor Pantheon should be Soul of Garukhan if you were going for the 60% reduced effect of shock on you
In game since Minotaur League..
Chieftain ascendancy is very disappointing. It was interesting to try it but ultimately it is garbage compared to Inq and jug. Horrible dps. Can’t even rework it into a different build, it’s that bad. Ggg really failed with this unnecessary rework. Poe continues to go down in flames. Tragic.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Sep 2, 2023, 10:16:22 AM
"
catoxliu wrote:
I think you mean "Soul of Garukhan" here?

Thank you for pointing out the error! I'll correct that. I'll admit that it's been years and I still keep mixing up Garkhan and her daughter.

"
catoxliu wrote:
Since I'm using a Helmet pseudo-6L setup for my RF, but I can't afford a Empower right now, so I choose the Lifetap for an alternative. Of course this will need another 1 level Lifetap linked with Shield Charge to keep the Lifetap buff always on.

Yep, that's one of the "major" (still relatively mild) changes I'm implementing for the next serious update: I'll be adding use of the Lifetap support gem. I'd left it out on the original mostly because at the time I just personally didn't like it that much, but I've come around.

"
catoxliu wrote:
Also, some interesting tattos I'm using, Honoured Tattoo of the Mountain, Tattoo of the Ngamahu Makanga to get maximum fire resistance.
Tattoo of the Ngamahu Warmonger is cheap and just cost one small strength passive skills, but can't find any info whether I could have multiple this tatto to increase the chance to exlpode.

I've definitely taken notice of how useful a few of these tattoos might be. As far as to answer your question, the only ones that have inherent limits is that you can only have one "Loyalty" tattoo at once. You can have as many copies of the others as you can fit nodes that satisfy the requirements. However, I'm still personally very skeptical on relying on small chances to explode like this, even if you can stack them.

(Note: I'm actually not sure if these tattoos stack additively; they probably do, but in all other circumstances two dissimilar explode effects are done as separate rolls, so you can't actually hit 100% from them)
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Hi ACGIFT,

I just wanted to mention something I've noticed. In your section regarding the selected Pantheon options, the Minor God power you chose was titled as "Soul of Shakari". But the description you wrote matches the Minor God power titled as "Soul of Garukhan".

I'm assuming you intend for the build to use Garkukhan, but wanted to be sure.

Thanks in advance!
"
AnimatedGamer wrote:
I'm assuming you intend for the build to use Garkukhan, but wanted to be sure.

Yes, you want Garukhan as your minor power. That was a typo on my part, and is presently corrected; press F5/refresh if it still shows.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
hi can i drop fire trap and use flamethrower trap with same setup ? thank you for guide.
since this build isn't really stacking ES, nor has any real ES recovery due to RF, what's the advantage of using Aegis over Rise of the phoenix?
A nicely rolled phoenix gives more regen at the cost of armor, but the +5 fire max res means you can even relax the requirement of using the brass dome (which, as noted, costs this build quite a bit of life from the strength), either in favour of taking physical as elemental damage, or with a rare influenced body armour that can further improve damage and life
Last edited by RagingT on Sep 9, 2023, 4:41:18 PM
"
DukeMax wrote:
hi can i drop fire trap and use flamethrower trap with same setup ? thank you for guide.

No, I would not recommend it. Flamethrower trap only deals hit damage, which means that all our passives for burning/DoT damage will not apply.

While Fire Trap does have a hit portion, that's not what we're dealing damage with; it's the burning ground, which will benefit from all the same passives that we're taking to benefit RF. With a 6-link setup, the burning ground can ultimately do more DPS than even our RF itself.

"
RagingT wrote:
since this build isn't really stacking ES, nor has any real ES recovery due to RF, what's the advantage of using Aegis over Rise of the phoenix?

It's an advanced mechanic. The only source of ES recovery you get, of course, is from Aegis' own proc itself. It does require a lot more to work, but ultimately presents a greater degree of survival.

Admittedly, I should probably de-emphasize it more, given that a lot of people are thinking it's a more natural, immediate direct upgrade, rather than a very specific, (almost niche) selection that requires a vastly higher investment to be viable.

In other words, you use Rise from act 10 onwards when you have less than 10c invested in your build, but will never want to switch to Aegis at anything below maybe 200 divines' worth of investment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info