HOWA Venom Gyre Trickster

big list of other builds

video guide

so basically i lucked my way into a few of the expensive pieces of gear for this build and figured i was obligated to put the rest of it together.

the essence of this build is that hybrid es evasion based int stacking creates a sort of mechanical conflux, and going nightblade howa works well with that conflux and synergizes well with trickster which makes sense for hybrid es evasion. so everything sort of just fits together like pieces of a puzzle.

do i recommend this build? fuck yeah. you wont turn uber bosses to putty, but you can beat them all deathless. mapping is a breeze with all the forks and splits and chains, and polymath recovery just feels amazing. putting it together is a joy and having those puzzle pieces click is amazing. its a really fun build where it feels like every piece really matters to completing the character and really encourages self crafting everything which was fun to engage with. quite fun. 8 or 9/10 for sure, with the only drawback is its starting price. if you dont have divergent gyre and woke fork, id recommend holding off. without those you can deal damage, but your clear will feel limp as hell, just farm currency on another char until you have those at least. for that, it loses one or two points. otherwise give it a go. you can build it up over time pretty reasonably once you have that starting point to work with.

what the build has completed

general mapping:
-flipped through maybe 6 different atlas strategies with ease, so regular t16 content is fast as hell and nothing even got even close to killing the char other than eldritch gaze wrath of the cosmos comboed with some rippy altar mods.
-twisted/formed farming was plenty fast. not as fast as a reverse chill type build, but still fast and can wipe the floor with most mods on high quant height of hubris + captive interest invitations without worry.
-100% deli is doable but not great.
-made it to level 98 naturally by mapping and a simulacrum or two.
-purchased my way to 100 from there in 5 ways so full disclosure, I didnt get 100 naturally.

side content
:
-heist is okay. ghost shroud let me run through agility lasers safely, but i prefer move speed builds to whirling blades in heist.
-did a few wave 30 simulacrums. some with death, most without.
-blight ravaged maps were easy. plenty of damage for those big bosses.
-logbooks were solid. main issue is that there are a few mods that really fuck with the build that we'd like to avoid, so slightly suboptimal even if it can do them

bossing:
-uber maven (took two attempts to be deathless). first one had suncaller asha in the boss phase. i could outdps it with frost bomb down, but man was it not fun. can't whirl on top of the brain without taking the laser, and doesnt have the gigadam to be able to onetap the brain with just one whirl combo, so had to just sit and spam gyre. couldnt die though cause polymath would top me off on every boss kill so it was just a war of attrition that my attention span lost so i whirled the brain to pahse it and paid for my sins. still got the kill but one death per boss phase isnt pretty. second attempt had no consecrated ground though and was a breeze. suppress all the spells, evade the attaks, ghost shroud to recover when hit, and overleech to tank degens. very comfy.

-uber shaper (deathless). have to be careful about your whirls since the shaper beams hurt a lot, so getting whirls off through beams and clone beams is nontrivial. otherwise easy. ball phase is more than doable thanks to ghost shroud giving us extra lives, and regular shaper balls are the same. can tank a few thanks to ghost shroud. have to be awake for the fight for sure, so not easy, but plenty doable.

-uber uber elder (deathless). shorter ball phase and fewer beams means its functionally easier than the uber shaper fight. elder does damage with hits which ghost shroud negates. didnt try tanking a doughnut, just sayed in the circle. chain and fork and split and whirl make sure no madness propogators slip by unnoticed so the ground was super clean the whole fight.

-uber sirus (one death). all the teleporting and immunity phases suck ass, especially since it wastes flask uptime, but sirus during phases where you can dps stands still for a long time which is great for whirling blades. CI and overleech makes ground degens less spooky. have to be careful of die beams since you only have 3 shrouds to tank with, but otherwise pretty safe.

-uber cotex (failed). rolled anti-crit damage on the map as well as extra phys as lightning on the map. so i lost around 7/8ths of my damage and was taking extra damage. was pretty doomed tbh, but thats how the random map mods work.

-other two bosses i didnt try. didnt farm any eldritch content this league before yesterday. eater of worlds probably pretty easy with overleech helping tank the "stand in the circle" mechanic a bit and ghost shrouds as well as evasion + suppress trivializing the rest of the mechanics. has good dps uptime too since eldritch bosses are relatively stationary for us to whirl on. searing exarch might be a bit tougher though since ball phase has the potential to just wipe us. ghost shrouds will help a bit, but think that will probably spell death if you dont have hot hands for dodging.

-maven invitations: got them all done with over 70 quant on the invitation with height of hubris + captivated interest. only one that was close was the forgotten which i did with -aura effect, +aoe, and +onslaught. got bonked by the dude that spins in circles with beams. just absolutely sent to the shadow realm. died once to the twisted. just got dunked on and onetapped.

pob

pobbin
explanation of configurations:
-we have frenzy charges from mark mastery.
-elusive starts at 225% and reaches 175% before withering step cooldown comes back, giving an average of 200%.
-we have energy shield overleech so leeching energy shield is always true.
-woke pen gives us lightning exposure.
-brittle ground is functionally always up for bosses since we will be whirling at least once every two seconds anyway.
-projectile distance is tricky. I'd say youre probably around distance 20 or so in most cases, but the big boss dps comes from whirling blades in which case your distance is 0. that'll be slightly unfair for dps calculations since point blank should at full effect for your whirl blade dumps, but for the sake of being fair about it i think having it at 20 is for the best.
-always use guardian/pinnacle boss setting.
-vaal grace off.
-flasks are just the ones we'll have active during extended fights since they refill.

gameplay

watch the video you dingus >:|

but for a text based description, you throw a gyre or two to kill a pack, then run to the next pack and whirl once or twice to kill it with the stacks you got from the first pack. rinse repeat. woke fork plus chain lets you clear out dense packs with ease. while whirling and throwing gyres, hold down withering step to rest your elusive effect. in sticky situations pop vaal grace.

for bossing, throw gyres, which with our curse effect and snipers mark will generate a ton of gyre blade stacks. then whirl about four times on top of the boss. drop ancestral protector for extra attack speed if you want. map bosses will usually die in one whirl combo. pinnacle bosses will take a few combos. uber bosses will take a fair few combos.

whirling blades automates application of brittle ground and tornado, so you just have to focus on holding down withering step and watching your blade count to keep dps up. you get into a nice rhythm of doing a few gyre attacks then dodging then a few whirls then dodging. pretty clean stuff. be careful whirling over degen ground though. leech helps but ghost shroud wont save you and the uber pinnacle boss degens don't fuck about.

passive tree stuff

lvl 90
lvl 100

the tree basically builds itself. first, we use split personality so chart out a long path to a far away cluster. we are projectile claw build, so our large clusters will have fan of blades and we want two, so that locks us into another cluster along that path somewhere.

from there, we are doing hybrid CI ES with evasion, so we need to pick up ghost dance and suppression to fill in the spell deficiency in our defensive layers, which incentivizes us to path down the outside of the ranger area.

after that we are polymaths with nightblade, so we pick up any mastery that makes sense (we get 14 of them in total). this mastery sniping eats up our split personality juicing a bit, but is worthwhile.

from there youve got like 11 points remaining so its just picking up efficient points and optimizing pathing a bit.

one thing i will note on tree that i think people sleep on a lot is instinct's 50 es on suppress. it's super strong since it effectively works like a -50 flat damage taken that applies at the end of all other mitigations. completely trivializes a lot of the fast-hitting low damage spells the game can throw at you like ball lightnings and thorns from shavronne for example or the fire tornadoes that delirium spawns. it looks like a little meaningless stat but it puts in a lot of work and i highly recommend it on suppress builds if you can fit it in. you dont even need to be ES based like this build is for it to work, you only need to have 50 es to get full value from it.

gear

uniques:

unique choice explanations

howa enables us to get a lot of flat lightning damage from our intelligence and is the core of the build. get that 12% roll (make them yourself with blessings. its 1/5 to hit). other rolls matter less and are just nice to haves. harvest implicit for attack speed or crit chance since we dont care about phys and want those stats. hillock quality up to at least 28 or 24 based on your harvest choice (breakpoints, baby), the 30% doesnt add anything and is just a flex since i was farming jun at the time. then corrupt it and pray for an implicit. if youre like me you dont hit and cry about it.

crown of eyes gives us over 350% increased damage thanks to a bunch of the int stacking (mastery & transfiguration of soul) stuff giving spell damage instead of attack damage. kinda hard to beat that. plus it has decent es for us. get a corrupt one with 90% cost & reservation and youll be able to fit in grace. otherwise youll have to use flesh and stone (which is still good, but its no grace). the enchant is single target dps, but its more just cute than anything. i killed my ubers without it just fine. really just lets you whirl one or two extra times before going limp and needing to stack up again, but the dps loss inst massive so dont worry if you dont have the enchant. ran lab this league for a while to get my argus kills and didnt hit it in those 100 ish runs. passed the helmet to a lab runner and had them do it for me in a few days. was a nice little last upgrade to cap (pun intended) the character off.

shapers touch give us about 280% increased evasion rating and 2800 accuracy. its good. might not be the highest dps choice, but the massive defensive buff and ability to ignore accuracy more than makes up for it. get one with crit. plenty exist and people corrupt them all the time. should be easy to find.

atziris reflection is a ball of stats that happens to come with 20% curse effect (which represents +1 split with snipers mark). even without the curse stuff though we'd be eying it up. the base evasion and es it provides is hard to beat and it comes built in with intelligence and all res. curse immunity is very nice quality of life and the curse effect is pure sauce (and decent damage). quality it up and let it rip.

split personalities mandatory. give a ton of flat attributes. int is required, dex is not. in fact dex is not even best in slot, it was just cheap and did something. strength will help you fix attribute requirements. energy shield will gas up your hp pool. dex gives a bit of attack speed but is mostly just the cheap option. pick something else if you have the money. ill be swapping them out soon I'm sure, just have other things that are better upgrades to target first.

inspired learning fits into ranger socket for us very well (really just the accuracy is a dead stat, but it comes with attack speed and is another mastery we dont have so still okay). pretty fun to pick up the random soul eater or splinterer mod and just turn into a projectile spewing monster for a bit. not like the biggest pick in the world, but good fun so highly recommend picking up as a mapping character. got mine with stun avoid because arcane buffer was annoying me.

watchers eye with a wrath mod or two is highly recommended. really helps out fill out our offensive suite by getting some crit or pen. mine came with the precision mod and lvl 1 precision is a decent pickup anyway just for that bit of crit at a low cost so it works well.

rares:

rare choice explanations

rares give us the bulk of our attributes. uniques might be providing our scaling and synergies, but we need a base amount of stats to be scaling and building synergies with, so theyre the workhorses of the build.

for body armor and boots, you want suppression, int, and a res as your suffixes then defenses to fill in your prefixes. suppression youll want enough to get you to 90 at least when combined with tree so that a quartz can top you off. im 7 suppress over that, so cut a bit out to save money if youd like.

obviously move speed on boots, and onslaught for mapping. i went with unveiled version, but crafted version will suffice.

for eldritch implicits:
body armor you really want 20 curse effect as it gives +1 split on the mark as well as good damage, then 30 aura effect for any of the three you run. for wrath and mark effect, feel free to take those one in the "against bosses/pinnacle" versions since that sort of thing is only really critical there, but the at all times version works too and is higher weight.

for boots, brittle ground (any duration works well) and elusive effect (same as before, any version works since it only really matters when bossing). ideally my elusive effect would be higher, but i ran out of eldritch currency and was too lazy to eek out that tiny bit of effect.

belt is essence int, energy shield, a res, and edwas craft.
amulet is essence int, all attributes, es, flat lightning, and proj speed craft.
rings are crit multi essenced with int, a res, and ideally flat es and flat lightning however youll notice that isnt the case. just get what you can, they're hard to craft and you dont need perfect items. i ended up with enough res to not need the second res roll and settled with what i found. craft elreon prefix or youre gonna go oom too easily. mana leech helps but its way smoother to play with elreon crafts.
amulet is either crit multi or int essenced. if youre multi essencing you take t1 int. if youre int essencing then you take crit multi or all attributes, so its the better option to roll with unless youre trying to high roll and get all 3. beyond that prefixes youll want flat es, flat lightning to attacks, and projectile speed. edwas or elrean craft is an option, but projectile speed is a super nice quality of life stat for the build, so even if you lose the tiniest bit of damage compared to edwas its worth it.

belt, amulet, and one ring should be increased int while the other ring should be conductivity on hit. all should be catalyzed for attributes to stack that int.

ring anoints are chilling towers freeze and meteor tower burning ground because theyre the best.

amulet anoint is tranquility, which provides us with transfiguration of soul for a ton of spell damage which crown of eyes will convert. very obvious choice for damage that outclasses every other option by a mile.

rare jewels:

edit: Entropy Vessel replaced with

jewel choice explanations

fan of blades is mandatory to feel good. extra proj helps for clear and lets you stack blades faster against bosses. must haves. picked up some resistance on them to help ease gearing pressure. only one of them needs to have 3 notables since one of them youll path through the back for split personality distance. feed the fury is better than fuel the fight for raw dps but youll pay extra for it and will lose some whirling blades speed out of combat when leech falls off. feed the fury ideal, but fuel the fight plenty acceptable. this is something i plan to upgrade into eventually. (I have already upgraded one since the 2 notable version isn't too pricey)

corrupting blood is basically mandatory unless youre willing to give up a flask suffix. theyre pretty cheap and the other stats dont matter too much. got res on mine to make gearing a bit easier and the cheapest one happened to come with attack speed and damage. lucked out there.

flasks:

flask choice explanations

people are gonna whine about bismuth flask gaming, but honstly it goes hard. the only time i had it fall off during gameplay was during an uber shaper ball phase after an extended period of kiting away balls slams and clone beams. and even then it didn't kill me. the long duration and low charge cost combined with charge on crit prefix means it has functionally perfect uptime. from there its just "why use bismuth instead of X flask, cap your res on gear" but i emplore you to tell me where you want those resistances. realistically theyd be coming from my rings, which in practice means i can't have crit multi on them. as a result, think of it this way, either we have 50% crit multi and the flask or no multi and another flask. so if there was a flask in the game that gave you 50% crit multi, would you run it on your crit build? of course you would. that's effectively what im doing. by running this flask i get to keep my crit multi. potentially res could replace my strength, but i need some strength still to be able to use woke edwas gem at level 5, so it has to go somewhere. there is an argument to be made for getting strength through the split personalities, but i chose bismuth instead since it was cheaper, faster to acquire, and made crafting faster & cheaper on other pieces since there were more acceptable outcomes.

other flasks are just flex slots. jade is a no brainer for evasion builds. go with either stibnite or quartz. 97% suppress without quartz up is enough. in fact, being slightly below 100% is optimal since then you can just blame every death on it instead of them all having to be skill issues :P haha. for suffixes youll want crit somewhere (crit is the best suffix imo, so put it on your highest uptime flask along with surgeons prefix), attack speed somewhere, and evasion somewhere.
for the last flex suffix slot, either stun avoid or shock effect reduction. you can get the rest of the stun avoid from jewel corruptions and the rest of the shock reduction from pantheon, so just pick your poison.

the final flask i went with is quicksilver. tbh you move fast enough already with elusive and whirling blades, but im a big fan of walking speed even in builds that have a fast movement skill. as a result i went with an increased effect quicksilver with move speed suffix and enkindled effect. it is a flex though so feel free to drop in the stibnite with shock effect or something to complete exodia.

for enchants, bismuth gets reuse so that its always running while mapping. the other three non-enkindled get use on hitting rare or unique. that way they dont waste charges against bosses and get their max uptime, but are still automated. dont like pressing buttons and you shouldn't either.

trinket:

trinket choice explanations

i eat sand, and this trinket gives me a double sand chance. pog.

trinkets give you an extra incubator slot, so if youre running heist or legion on your atlas you should have something like this. you only need one and can swap it between your mapping characters. heisting characters should have one focused more toward in-heist bonuses obviously.

crafting

none of our rares are influenced items, so harvest crafting on them is op. youll want to lock in your three suffixes then metamod and harvest your way to victory.

I did not craft my chest piece, belt, or conductivity ring despite having a plan to. thats because someone was just selling it for less than the expected cost of the craft for the same tier of prefixes. so i just purchased them outright. do your crafting cost recurrence relation calculation and check if theres something out there for cheaper. (or just craft them anyway :D crafting is fun). welcome to math of exile. i hope you know a bit more than calculus or youre gonna be stuck with monte carlo simulations and guesstimation to figure out if you'd be self-scamming by crafting or self-scamming by buying. i also did not craft my jewels because i hate alt spamming cluster jewels with a passion. its almost certainly cheaper to self craft them though so go ahead if blue orbing is your jam.

fr though, learn some combinatorics. really useful to know for path of exile since a ton of mechanics can be optimized if you know a bit about counting and probability. anyway. back to the guide...
rings

0) get a %int base and a conductivity base. ilvl 84 is optimal. greater than 84 very very slightly worse than 84, but dont worry about it tbh.
1) deafening essence of scorn until t1 int and any t5 or better single resistance (all res is harder to work with). this gives three suffixes.
1a) if prefixes are full pop an annul and hope to wipe a prefix. if that fails go back to step 1.
2) suffixes cannot be changed.
3) scour. the item is now just 3 suffixes and no prefixes.
4) suffixes cannot be changed.
5) harvest add defense (removes suffixes cannot be changed).
5a) if you dont like the result, go to step 2.
6) suffixes cannot be changed.
7) harvest add lightning (removes suffix cannot be changed or the defense mod)
7a) if defense mod is removed, suffix cannot change add defense until brick (go to step 2), removes lightning (go to step 6), or youre happy (go to step 8)
8) you now have flat es, flat lightning to attacks, crit multi, res, and int
9) bench on elreon -mana cost
10) harvest resistance -> resistance until youre happy with the roll and its on the right element.

amulet

0) get a %int base. ilvl 85 is optimal. greater than 85 is the same as 85.
1) deafening essence of spite until t1 int and either all attributes or crit multi of a decent tier. this gives two suffixes. trying to get three at a good tier is a like winning the lottery, but feel free to try.
1a) if prefixes are full pop an annul and hope to wipe a prefix. if that fails go back to step 1.
1b) if suffixes are not full, bench craft a random prefix and exalt to fill it up. pray for something good. or you can wait til later and maybe get a bit of increased lightning damage or resist later, but harvesting costs a lot so id lean on the exalt now and just go back to essences if youre that unhappy with the result.
3) scour. the item is now just 3 suffixes and no prefixes.
4) suffixes cannot be changed.
5) harvest add defense (removes suffixes cannot be changed).
5a) if you dont like the result, go to step 2.
6) suffixes cannot be changed.
7) harvest add lightning (removes suffix cannot be changed or the defense mod)
7a) if defense mod is removed, suffix cannot change add defense until brick (go to step 2), removes lightning (go to step 6), or youre happy (go to step 8)
8) you now have flat es, flat lightning to attacks, int, and some good suffix you want (likely some third suffix you're okayish with)
9) bench on proj speed

boots

0) get a fractured suppress base
1) deafening essence of spite until you get any high tier resistance (very easy to hit, wont take much).
1a) if prefixes are full, eldritch annul one off (or gamble on the regular annul if eldritch annuls are expensive, essences tend to be cheap and step 1 is easy so going back to it on failure isnt bad).
3) veiled chaos
3a) if item has a prefix other than defenses and the veil, go back to step 1a. if youre lucky with the annul and keep the veiled mod you can skip step 2 and 3 and jump to 4.
4) craft flat life or some other mod to block bad unveils.
5) unveil.
5a) if you dont get the move speed mod you want go to step 2.
6) exalt
6a) if you dont like the result try annulling and exalting back and forth and then go back to step 2 if that fails.
7) craft flat es.
8) harvest res->res until its a good roll on the element you want

potentially step 6 can be replaced with suffixes cannot be changed + harvest add defense, but harvest crafts are too expensive relative to the cost of the rest of the craft to be worth it especially since theres a loss condition of harvest choosing to remove the move speed mod.

body

1) deafening essence of spite until you get any high tier resistance (very easy to hit, wont take much).
2) edritch annul off prefixes.
3) bench craft mana (a good life roll is sellable even if bad for you).
4) exalt.
4a) go back to step 2 if not good.
5) exalt.
4a) go back to step 2 if not good.
6) bench craft the remaining defense mod.
7) harvest res->res until its a good roll on the element you want

alternate crafting method using eldritch chaos instead of exalts:
2) edritch chaos reroll prefixes.
3) prayge.
4) bench craft the remaining defense mod if its not there already.
5) harvest res->res until its a good roll on the element you want

which one is better will depend on the price of eldritch currency and the price of exalts, but eldritch chaos will usually be better I'm pretty sure? And obviously you can hot swap between the two. so if your eldritch chaos hits a t1 defense mod, you can try to annul exalt and keep it around. otherwise youre just rollin till the cows come home

like with the boots, potentially the prefix rolling can be replaced with suffixes cannot be changed + harvest add defense, but harvest crafts are too expensive relative to the cost of the rest of the craft to be worth it.

unlike boots however you do not need to veiled chaos, so the suffixes cannot be changed craft is unnecessary and you can save a lot of money using eldritch currencies instead. can make something like this surprisingly easily actually.

jewel

buy it please. do not corrupt random claw stat jewels hoping for corrupted blood. will take forever and wont be very fun. if youre committed to crafting everything yourself then sure, its a 1/84. i wish you the best of luck haha.

cluster jewel

I think the best way to craft these is alt augment regal exalt style. go until you have fan of blades then regal and hope for feed the fury (or fuel the fight if youre willing to settle for slightly less dps). might be worth to best craft suffix to prefix depending on price of the beast in case you regal a suffix.

otherwise yeah youre just kinda slamming alts and praying. im not a fan of doing this kind of crafting myself since its just crunching 5000 blue orbs or so, so id say just buy it, but you can save a decent bit if youre willing to break your delicate fingies.

ilvl 75-83 is ideal in that case.

fractured base would pop off here, but good luck finding one at the right price.

gems

main 6 link: divergent venom gyre, woke fork, nightblade, crit chance, woke lightning pen, woke edwas

+1 chain and +2 fork feel pretty mandatory for the build to clear like butter and not like a limp pool noodle. get those first. the other woke and alt quality and level 21 stuff can wait. in fact, probably don't even run the build without having those two lined up. its just not the same. the bread to your bread and butter combo.
other gems dont have to be woke really. just something to buy to give a little gas here or there.
alt quality nightblade is less than a 1% damage boost for us so use it if youve got it but dont worry about it.

boss bonker & movement: whirling blades, faster attacks, CoC, tornado (lvl 1)
procs your tornado while releasing blades on your bosses for gigadam. the butter to your bread and butter combo.
leave tornado at level 1 if you dont want it to kill you on phys reflect maps.
faster attacks to attack faster. lets us drop our gyre blade load faster for effective dps and also travel around areas faster. good shit.

auras: grace, wrath, disc, enlighten 3
put these in your 90% reservation helm and you can fit em all with the masteries
if you dont have reservation corruption, replace grace with flesh and stone. flesh and stone is still good, its just not as bonkers as grace is for us since ghost shroud exists.

marking: snipers mark (21), mark on hit (divergent if lvl 21, else normal quality), enhance, portal
lvl 21 snipers mark brings 4 proj split to 5. very nice. lvl 20 mark on hit is 21% reduced effect which brings us below a breakpoint, so dont bother with alt quality unless you have it to level 21 which is 20% reduced and back above a breakpoint. enhance gives a bit of damage, then portal goes with enhance for the cast speed QoL.

utility: flame dash, withering step, precision (lvl 1)
precision gives a bit of crit and activates watchers eye mods for low reservation cost. flame dash takes us over chasms and through beam attacks without taking damage so is nice to have. withering step resets our nightblade's elusive effect, keeping it high all the time.

flex: ancestral protector, ???, ???
ancestral protector gives attack speed so its solid.
??? and ??? can be whatever. cwdt cold snap, cwdt immortal call, cast when stunned frost wall, cast on death portal. lost of stuff works.

levelling

hand of thought and motion + astramentis + ghostwrithe + le heups.

thatll take you to level 60 easily and you can stick with it and just grind your way to 65-68 at which point you can start equipping your proper gear.

i just followed the scuffed polymath split personality pathing even while levelling and it was fine. theres enough random life you can pick up along the way to make it comfortable and respeccing them will cost fewer points than youll get for free in the campaign so no worries there. was a smooth experience overall. ghostwirthe is definitely a fun new levelling unique to use.

heres a pob with how I levelled it. Definitely freestyle with it though depending on what you have in your stash like running tsalios sign instead of le hueps or whatever else. Was just pulling gear out of unique tabs and such and it ended up working out well enough. Swap lightning pen for crit. Etc.
Last edited by OxidisedGearz on Sep 24, 2022, 4:13:14 PM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2022, 2:59:50 AM
Hi! May I ask you for some levelling tree pathing suggestions? Don't have much experience with a build like this.
Also, did you level with VG from the start? What would be some suggested support gems?
Last edited by NemoRSRB on Sep 24, 2022, 3:52:40 PM
"
Hi! May I ask you for some levelling tree pathing suggestions? Don't have much experience with a build like this.
Also, did you level with VG from the start? What would be some suggested support gems?

Sure, added this pob to the levelling section, but heres a link for ya

Yeah, levelled VG pretty much all the way. Gave spectral throw a go here and there just to see how it felt, but stuck to gyre for the most part.
Last edited by OxidisedGearz on Sep 24, 2022, 4:13:32 PM
How to craft those juicy rings?:)
Just an essence spam?
"
How to craft those juicy rings?:)
Just an essence spam?

Bottom of the rare section has a crafting guide, but yeah basically. Throw essences at them until you have all 3 suffixes you want. From there its just getting lucky and abusing the power of meta and harvest crafting.
Last edited by OxidisedGearz on Sep 25, 2022, 1:08:40 AM
Any Suggestion what can i improve on my gear? Idk how i can finish the Chest.
Forgot to write that this was a fun build to play. Very tanky during mapping. Decently tanky while bossing although single target was an issue, mostly I'd say because of the nature of the skill itself and having to whirling blade over the boss. We'll see if the new Vaal Venom Gyre improves this experience.
Although I had fun it was very expensive to setup. My endgame gear was nothing too good and I spent between 50 and 100 divines on crafting. Ended up buying the chest because it just wouldn't happen. Also, one of the cluster jewels was a nightmare to craft. After thousands of alterations I ended up buying it for around 10 divines.
All in all it was fun but not a build I see myself playing again.
Last edited by NemoRSRB on Dec 7, 2022, 3:02:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info