Why is PoE constantly downloading shit?

I swear to f-ing god, it's downloading EVERY SINGLE TIME I open it, and the download is different in size (usually between 20 and 25mb). What the fuck is my client doing?

Mod edit: cleaned thread, moved to appropriate board.
"Out of every unique I found so far (20+) all of them are fucking junk to a point that even the vendor tells me to shove em up my ass." - DarkKane

"All hack'n'slash games are based on the carrot on the stick 'method', and in PoE's case the stick is so long I can't even see the carrot." - Odoakar
Last edited by Evlesoa on Apr 13, 2013, 12:38:20 PM
coz GGG cares this game, so they update it a lot.
Meanwhile it's not released now, which means unstable and potentially lots of update.

Mod edit: removed needless insults.
[Removed by Admin]
how often do you play?

There are usually 1-2 patches p/week. So if you don't play often, this could be what's happening.
The updates might be the daily deals from what I've heard, but I don't get an update that often except when they release a patch on the home page, but those are bigger than 20MB usually.
Last edited by Imaginaerum on Apr 13, 2013, 1:01:20 PM
Today I had my client download something 3 times.
"Out of every unique I found so far (20+) all of them are fucking junk to a point that even the vendor tells me to shove em up my ass." - DarkKane

"All hack'n'slash games are based on the carrot on the stick 'method', and in PoE's case the stick is so long I can't even see the carrot." - Odoakar
"
Evlesoa wrote:
Today I had my client download something 3 times.

It's possible your connection to the server drops out before the full download has finished. It starts from where it dropped off though so if it keeps downloading stuff it's possible you're just getting one big patch in pieces.
IGN: ScrubcoreRulezBitch
Alt: HardcorePwnsScrubcore
Last edited by mkmaddage on Apr 13, 2013, 1:09:17 PM
Strange. Well, okay. I will screenshot next time when this happens and when I get a collection, I'll post something and ask why. Thx for the info, though.

There are like max 3 patches a week and they are super small its a 2 min job which can improve the game and fix the bugs in no time.All what u download is there and u can read it.

Mod edit: more needless abuse removed.
Game? Who needs to play the game? Forums are funny enough

I have seen some people ask because the downloader glitches and doesn't do the whole patch or when you log off it loses the previous stuff you dl'ed so you have to re-do it. Keep an eye next time you have an issue and let them know on the bug forum. :)
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

You could be having issues with bad cached files constantly redownloading. I'm not sure about the specifics but I've heard of it before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info