Login from antoher Location

Hey, before you tell me use search engine, I did it but nothing really fits.

Everyday I login I have to get a vode to unlock my account. In this Email stands a location from where someone tried to log into my account.

I changed Password and Email, but still I get this. What scares me is the fact that the location is round about 30 km from my home away.

I´ve also read that some people have it because of a Dynamic IP or sth. like that.

Is there a way to change this? Is that the reason that I get this Emails and not someone else trying to log in? Nobody knows that I use this email ...

Thank you very much
If you're unsure, if that could be your provider, try http://www.iplocation.net
So just login/logout (your internet connection) a few times and call the website to check the address of your dynamic ip.

My ip address also switches between 2 locations and nearly every day I have to unlock PoE.
Ah, ok thanks. I was jhust afraid of someone who could try to hack into my account, but if more people have the same issue, then ...

Thanks
Hi there,

Your account will automatically lock if someones tries to access it from a different IP address than normal. If the location is 30kms away then it's most likely that it's just that your own personal IP has changed. However, if you're feeling insecure about your account then I recommend reading the information found in these posts written by Chris:

Regarding Account Security & Theft:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/115464/

Regarding Hacking:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172532

At the moment we are currently working on a system that will allow you to remove the auto-lock feature from your account. However, this will leave your account at risk.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact us at "support@grindinggear.com" if you have any further issues or questions.

Kind regards,
Bex
Wow, thanks for that detailed information. It really helped me.

GGG you are the best xD

Thanks
Hi!

Is there any update regarding this topic?
It's kind of exhausting that you have to go through the whole re-activation process each time (in my case) you want to play.

Best regards,

Andrej
Please contact support@grindinggear.com and we can look at processing your account so that the auto-lock feature is disabled.
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
Please contact support@grindinggear.com and we can look at processing your account so that the auto-lock feature is disabled.

Keep in mind that if you disable this security feature, you're leaving your account open to hackers who have your password only.

With the locking system in place, the hackers not only need your PoE account information, but they must also be able to access your email. If you have 2-factor auth enabled on your email, they cannot get into your account at all.

While I understand it can occasionally be frustrating to do the whole unlock code thing, trust me that you'd rather log into Path of Exile to see that dialog, than to log in and see your account stripped because you disabled all the security on the account.

Even using the Steam client (which has their own security) is a better alternative than completely disabling the system.

just an FYI.
^

Thanks Drakier
My tail of the take on this issue is more than likely your isp is having problems and you dont have a static address.
I am having the same issue present it self about every tens mins and have found out my isp is having troubles. This causes my ip to change every 10mins or so and in turn makes GGG,s security software to go into a frenzy. Side affect is my account is locked by GGG until I fill in required security info to unlock every 10mins or so YUK......

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info