trollkinds big thread of Feedback 3.19 WIP

Every league I plan to consolidate all my feedback and make one big thread but I never end up doing it so this time I'll just make it at the start and fill it up while playing. So this will be edited a lot and I'm not too sure on how to organize it but here we go.

I'm playing since closed beta (switched to console as soon as it was available), forever casual, very slow, minimal trading/SSF, my own builds, melee enjoyer. This is also me: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/trollkind

Old PS4, last fresh install: 3.17 (at least I think)

Console specific
-----------------
-[GFX glitch]After you exit UI fullscreen elements like the passive tree you get a flash of white that's always like a little flashbang in your face. Can we please get rid of that? It wasn't always like that. I just noticed that the flash is red while near a Vaal zone entrance so it seems to be cumulated Bloom that isn't correctly paused while UI is in front of it.
-[UI annoyance]I still feel that targeting players in hub zones should need a modifier pressed to be enabled. I wanted to use that option zero times but it got in my way more than a hundred times. I know it has been improved a bit but it still keeps being a nuisance without being of use for most people.
-[UI bug]After defeating Tukohama and getting to the Pantheon for the first time through talking to Sin, there is no cursor circle. You can#t interact with the UI until you close/open it, for example by Going left to World and back to Pantheon With L1->R1. Noticed that leagues ago.
-[Bug] When I enter a new zone, my minions have their rally spot randomly placed. I get it's within the server simulation distance because it's sometimes out of screen and outside the distance my minions teleport back to me so I get a funny endless train of minions running straight to somewhere offscreen.
-[Bug] After defeating Act 10 Kitava but before sailing into the Epilogue, the Atlas of Worlds unlocks in the World Epilogue tab but not the Epilogue itself. The problem with that is that L2 is not working in that state to go back to Part 1 and Part 2. I was in my hideout to trade and my workaround was porting to Aspirant's Plaza which defaulted the Waypoint to Part 1 so I could go back to Act 10 from there. But if I go further to the right to the Epilogue tab, I'm once again trapped there until I reopen the Waypoint interface.
-[Trade]The console Trade Board was one of the reasons that I like this version better than PC. It's a nice compromise between SSF and trade. I can get certain items that are essential to my build or solve a roadblock for me but I don't feel compelled to just buy my Best In Slot gear, which always feels like cheating to me and kills my enjoyment from slow gear progression missing. As long as both methods are in the game, I'm ok but it seems that you are working towards parity and crossplay. The tradesite experience is way worse on console though. It#s easy to whisper someone from outside the game, though it feels weird to use my phone as an extension of the game but selling, I would have no clue how to start doing the whole whisper-answer/invite thing in a timely manner. I got actually spooked when someone whispered me for an item and didn't know what to do. Turns out it was for an item that I sold through the Trade Board 3-5 hours before, do they not synch up? But still, I hate not at least having an easy way to answer them "Sorry, Trade Board only". It would be great if you could expand the "Public" dropdown choice into "Public - Trade Board only", "Public - Trade Website only", "Public - both". As it is now, I will disappoint a lot of potential buyers whispering me and getting no answers, fueling the "OMG, nobody answers, trading SUX" and make me fell bad and probably sell less or nothing to avoid that.

Lake of Kalandra
----------------
-The entrance zone is so empty and big. I get that the size is fixed so it fits into the grid. Reducing the landmass and only generating paths to the next areas would look cool and different but might also be a bit more frustrating to navigate. Something to spice it up would be nice though.
-The walkways to Submerged Chests often generate in an annoying direction to get to. It would be nice if they spawned in the direction of a zone, ideally also away from the entrance so that you can get the chest while you're on your way to the next area instead of having to backtrack or fiddling with movement skills and the blocking assets. I mean similar to the Waypoint direction in Chamber of Sins.
-So far I like Kalandra herself. I'm dealing with Depression and this moping birdlady is just up my alley without dragging me down like some Delirium lines. And so far it's been quite intriguing what she is and what her role was/is and the nature of the Lake. So good job on that aspect.
-The "rising out of the Lake" animation is cool but could be sped up by 30%-50% maybe even more to match the game's speed better after the first few Acts.

Balance
-------
-Tide Striders are still hitting too hard. They look ok in poedb but something is off. It's only felt when you stand still and take their shots but that can lead to getting frozen and killed if you're unlucky. I'm talking about early game of course where you don't have much Frost Resistance or Antifreeze measures but they keep being damage outliers into maps. I feel that they would have been fixed already if they could be used as a Spectre and unleash their shots to melt bosses. League after league I see veteran streamers (I linked a clip of suitsizesmall in an earlier league) and newbies alike going "WTF was that??" after getting almost killed from 3 white mobs rising from the ground.
Just watched Day9 getting his first death to them in Tidal Island https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1566717926?t=0h37m26s I'm not saying you shouldn't get a death before maps, in fact there a re a lot of stuff that could and should be deadlier in campaign but Tide Striders are still big outliers and they have no reason to be.
(Little sidetrack here, there are a bunch of great moments in Day9s Lake start soon after this: Finding Gloomrake in Fetid Pool, the twisted brother of Hailrake he just fought, struggling and dying to Kadavrous but getting a unique reward for his struggles)
Oh, they get him again at 1:15:33 his fault for reading the tablet while monsters are around (clearing everything out beforehand can be annoying though with more monsters trickling in from everywhere) but he couldn't recover because he got almost freezlocked.

Minor Inconveniences
--------------------
-The treant monsters are still very hard to see especially in Act 2 where they completely blend with the ground. It's not as much of an issue now that they are nerfed to near irrelevance but it still would be nice and fitting if they had some glowing elements to them matching the FX of their entangle balls they cast. That would also help make it clear that they are the source of this nuisance and need to be dealt with.
-Displaying Heist stuff in red if you can't use it is a nice thing but is it possible to enable that only while we're in Rogue Harbor? Outside of that I keep trying to identify them when I id-spam. This would confuse people if changed now and probably won't be changed but that's why I put it down here.
-I have Chat Font on Normal and Width at around 53%, Height at 50% and server messages that are two lines long only display the second line. So your ads for Boxes and Support Packs only read "you for your support." and that's not very effective. When I'm in "Menu" mode where I see the whole chat, the top part with the server messages is overflowing to the right so I can't read the whole lines there either. With small Font, I can almost see the whole line but still not quite.
-After finishing the Campaign and unlocking the Epilogue, Lilly Roth still has the exclamation mark on her despite the Quest "Toward the Future" being completed and the Waypoint unlocked. I only noticed this because there still is no non campaign way to turn in our Divine Vessels. I hope Sin eventually makes the jump to endgame or even our hideout.
... is not a troll
Last edited by trollkind1 on Sep 3, 2022, 6:17:15 AM
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2022, 4:02:17 AM
reserved1
... is not a troll
reserved2
... is not a troll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info