Beta Key Info

Well I have done some math and figured out that if its 1 person every 5 minutes and there are 60 minutes in an hour, there will be 12 lucky people every hour and a total of 288 lucky beta testers a day. This means that since there are thousands of people waiting to get the beta key, roughly 1,000 to 5,000 thousand ( I think ), then there is about a 3/10 chance of getting the beta key today, tomorrow or the next day. You could also pay for the beta key which is faster but I don't recommend you do because the open beta is going to come out sometime in June unless you want the extra coins or the pet.

Overall do you think that these numbers are fair? Do you think they should lower the winning chance, increase it, or just make it an open beta?

And please do not comment asking for a beta key, that just tells me that you did not listen to a word of what I typed which this itself took me about 30 minutes to write up.

Good luck getting into Path Of Exile and I hope you get your chance to play soon as well as I hope I get my chance to play!!!

*New* The owners of the game are saying that there is a 10x more of a chance to win if you are active on forums but they will be changing this style in a couple of days.
Last edited by kagnew1999 on May 21, 2012, 7:52:41 PM
if im active? then time to post on all the threads!!!
[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/ubwj7.png[/IMG]
" *New* The owners of the game are saying that there is a 10x more of a chance to win if you are active on forums but they will be changing this style in a couple of days. "

-> You mean that now there is 10x chance ? C'mon, it's just lie what you said... You can't just manipulate randomizer with +chance, you either sort it by activity (last time logged in,Posts,Posts per day) or you make it random. Or use thing that for each 10 guesses , one won't be random...
Last edited by Macronne on May 24, 2012, 9:42:54 AM
true dat ... its crap they give it to people who just sign up there been people who been waiting for a year for a key and haven't gotten one yet so i think that garbage
The whole calculation in the starter post neglects the dynamic part of the equation. The question is: How many people sign up for PoE every hour? Or more realistically: How many accounts are created every hour?
"
deathninja wrote:
true dat ... its crap they give it to people who just sign up there been people who been waiting for a year for a key and haven't gotten one yet so i think that garbage

Your post makes no sense at all, you're claiming that it's crap that they give it to people who just sign up? Most of the people registered just registered an account to get a chance of a beta key and then never visited again, however i'm guessing you recieve a mail saying you gained beta acces on your account, so they check the beta out once they've recieved the mail.Also, i doubt there are people without beta acces who have been waiting for a year while being active on the forum aswell.
Last edited by prudentleech on May 24, 2012, 3:27:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info