widescreen resolution removed from the game.

it was pay to win for royal competition, easy win prizes when you see ppl and they can t see u
Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:
it was pay to win for royal competition, easy win prizes when you see ppl and they can t see u

Royal is not a real game mode and making game breaking changes to balance around it is the dumbest idea I've ever heard.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:

Royal is not a real game mode and making game breaking changes to balance around it is the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Game breaking? Is your game not starting since the patch, your graphic card is bursting into flame ?
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Aug 20, 2022, 2:09:07 PM
Very few people who have invested in a 32:9 display or other high end ultrawide setup will tolerate playing games [Removed by Support]
Yes. Game breaking.
Last edited by JC_GGG on Aug 20, 2022, 2:12:02 PM
"
Xzorn wrote:
I mean the game is not coded to deal with it. They're preventing a problem.

It's not like me screaming at Netflix for 2 years to finally support 21:9 because that's the native aspect ratio of movies and they were just downgrading it for the sake of 16:9 users.

Sir you have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about.

I ran the game at 5120x1440 with ZERO issues.
"
XeoTech wrote:

Same here. Been playing the whole last year on my Neo G9 and Path of Exile has been one of the most flawless out of the box ultrawide experiences on the market.

But GGG decided they had to break it for some reason.
problem: it gave an unfair advantage to players that could afford it

factcheck: somewhat true (not entirely though as it could be done even with a shit monitor just by entering window mode and scaling accordingly; you would lose half the screen, but it could be done)

does it matter: depends a LOT on how wide you can take it. for example if you could pull off seeing 2x the width of a shit tier normal screen pleb, that pleb could have corrected it and come to your level by sacrificing half the screen. if you could pull off 4x the width, he would need to sac 3/4 of the screen to pull it off

solution: basically there has to be a width at which point the black screen has to be forced on you, otherwise with enough resources you could see the entire map. the only problem is at what resolution that is

personal bias: now, while i think the advantage was significant (a lot more could be seen), i dont have an ultra wide screen i do realize my opinion on this doesnt matter much. if i did have a big screen, i would probably be upset too. the only thing im 100% sure about is that a limit needs to be set. now where exactly that limit should be, no idea really
There are visually more appealing solutions to the problem out there:
1. They could only allow the left and right menus to be wider than the apsect ratio limit.

2. They could work with some kind of "fog of war"-like mechanic.

3. They could insert some kind of video or at least an image. :D

And even if they decide to not do any of those things, at least they should have made sure that the cursor can not pass into the black space. This is in fact putting people with monitors with an apspect ratio above the limit at a disadvantage.

(In case you are using a tripple monitor setup, you right now have to play the game on a single monitor and can not even use the maximum available aspect ratio, because the bezels cut right through your menus on both sides.)

Instead of evening the odds, this patch is putting people with monitors that have exactly the maximum aspect ratio ahead of everyone else.
Last edited by Jocker46 on Aug 20, 2022, 5:11:14 PM
Stupid question by a total non-nerd:
could this be the reason, my screen is cut off? (the opposite probelm)

I can´t read the kalandra-table-choices (just one-three words each) because the window of it goes out of the screen. Couldn´t fix it, neither by the options of the monitor, the game or my pc....

it´s still fun though...
"
XeoTech wrote:
"
Xzorn wrote:
I mean the game is not coded to deal with it. They're preventing a problem.

It's not like me screaming at Netflix for 2 years to finally support 21:9 because that's the native aspect ratio of movies and they were just downgrading it for the sake of 16:9 users.

Sir you have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about.

Based on the information given. It would seem I do.

You might not have noticed a problem but there was. I see it all the time developing.

Serialization is how their servers communicate to the client what objects are where. By having larger than intended range you're increasing their server memory bandwidth usage.
This would be the case if it rendered properly or not.

With more player usage it lowers the quality of the game for everyone. Not just you.
They simply need to improve their engine and/or servers.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info