[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Quick tip for anyone who doesn't want to shell out 40-50c on The Stampede, you can get Replica Stampede for around 7c which while not as good for movement skills still has the 150% base movement speed on it so it will be a good QoL patch until you have currency for the other one.
So a quick check-in - I'm in white maps, lvl 85, two staves, 1600 Int, Stampede, double curse. The mapping is very smooth so far, I feel pretty much invincible.

Bosses fall over to the mapping staff, harder uniques and rares (metamorph, Kalandra, Essence) fall over to the bossing staff (still 5S) in 2 seconds. The overleech feels great, I am slowly ramping up autoflasks for even smoother experience.

Stampede felt like the largest update so far, both in terms of speed and safety. Polymath was also a huge survivability boost (DPS as well obviously).

I can't wait to see what happens as I cruise into yellow and red maps.

Also, I think I might take the curse mastery from Whispers of Doom later, for additional buff from Polymath and a nice defensive bonus (Blinded / Hindered).

Looking forward to the cluster upgrades!
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
So a quick check-in - I'm in white maps, lvl 85, two staves, 1600 Int, Stampede, double curse. The mapping is very smooth so far, I feel pretty much invincible.

Bosses fall over to the mapping staff, harder uniques and rares (metamorph, Kalandra, Essence) fall over to the bossing staff (still 5S) in 2 seconds. The overleech feels great, I am slowly ramping up autoflasks for even smoother experience.

Stampede felt like the largest update so far, both in terms of speed and safety. Polymath was also a huge survivability boost (DPS as well obviously).

I can't wait to see what happens as I cruise into yellow and red maps.

Also, I think I might take the curse mastery from Whispers of Doom later, for additional buff from Polymath and a nice defensive bonus (Blinded / Hindered).

Looking forward to the cluster upgrades!

League isn't in a good place so clusters, corrupted jewels etc will be hard to come by.

EDIT: well at least my first exarch helped a bit
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Aug 22, 2022, 10:31:14 AM
a bit?) 16div minimum
Last edited by archwerewolf on Aug 22, 2022, 10:52:41 AM
Hi, why not take zealot's oath. We are path right next to it so its basically free es regen.

edit: nvm I see, was in lab with life regen shrine when I tried this, hehe.
Last edited by ChaosDMG on Aug 22, 2022, 4:37:38 PM
I noticed that the build takes a number of masteries during leveling, but doesn't take Polymath until last. It seems like it would be a good source of sustain (and also damage) while going through the acts; is there a reason to prioritize the other options?
PSA: Blight mobs can clean our clock with no apparent effort. Sigh. I have failed each blight I have attempted so far. 5267 ES, 1400 int, T5-T6 maps...

GGG made a great change with the Trickster ascendancy. At least we'll have that to look forward to...
Why did no one mention the basic fact that cycloning at 150% Movement Speed while nuking and freezing everything with a targeted rain of ice is SO MUCH FUN?? I'm having a blast :)
"You want my sockets?"
Did anyone try transitioning into cluster / Split Personality without "% chance to avoid being Stunned" implicit on jewels? Those are hard to come by now. Is having very little stun avoidance rippy?

Or we just use Brine King until then?
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
Did anyone try transitioning into cluster / Split Personality without "% chance to avoid being Stunned" implicit on jewels? Those are hard to come by now. Is having very little stun avoidance rippy?

Or we just use Brine King until then?

I just did and its not fun, you can go to the PoB right now and untick the forbidden jewels as well as the amulet.

Amulet no way anyone will craft this league.
Forbidden jewels are impossible unless u wanna get stunned every 2 seconds,
The only alternative I see is to give up the discipline reservation node for stun based on 50% of ES and then use Enlighten to make up for that, but you will still get stunned, especially in packs.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Aug 23, 2022, 9:10:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info