Trade Market - Change Issues for Console

Hi everyone, hi GGG.

My english isnt the best, but i try to explain my point of view, after reading your idears of trade market changes in the upcomming Leauge and further on.

I know u will start with a Beta Version, but i hope you can hear me out and try to see and Learn something about a life of an Console Exile.

I think GGG is right, if they say, there must be some changes to get both PC and Console under 1 roof and maybe ready for Crossplay ( Crosssellingmarkets ? )

I had played over 5 Years on PC and love Path of Exile. In the past id played poe on console ( ps4 ) and had to go back to PC, because of the FPS Issuse and the unplayable state in the past.
Now with my PS5 i am Back from PC to sit on my couch and relax, while Playing a wonderful game.
Id hated to play on PC, because of the 3rd party tools u have to use, to have a little bit more success. Price Checking with Hotkey Functions, Using Trade of Exile to Find some items, to help me round up my build ( Mostly SSF, but sometimes u need the Trading

But the system, that u had to Whisper players and wait for reactions, than the way of scamming on PC, that u always had to Tribble check every Trade.
Bots are mostly Common on PC, they are fast in selling and inviting.
But i hated it, to knowing that i interact with hated Bots and not with other players.

Now i am back on ps5

1. Now i can relax on my couch
2. I only need my Controller and my TV and the Game.
3. If i want to sell, i only need to Set prices and can accept, or decline, with a 3 Button Press.
4. No one will whisper me, and i am totally privat and annonymous
5. Yeah its hard to find jewels and the searchbar is a pain, but i love to role over the stashes and look for items, and mybe i find some interesting new stuff for other builds.

There are many reasons why i am back on Console, Mostly i cant sit 10h in a chair to play this game, or my hands are to Old to play a Fast pace game with mouse anymore.

Now we have some upcomming issues on Console
If u decide to stay with your Decision of Closing the Stashtrading in the Future.

1.The PC Community has developed their own Trading Rules. Yeah thats True!
- Be Respectfull - Accept a No - Dont spam - Wait for the Seller dont start Trading urself. And much more
Consoleplayers are much Younger mostly ( 14 - 18 aged Players are common ),
They dont know such kind of respectfull traderules. This will end up in totally Chaos.

2.How to set up prices on Console without spending 1hour of Pricechecking on POE Trade ??? At the Moment u can Check prices ingame with the Trade tool by itself. ? Did we need Also a Pricecheck tool like PC Players? Btw also a 3rd party tool with Hotkeys and so on.
Otherwise setting Prices are more work, than fun.

3. Items will get more rare, than they are now. At the Moment we have only 5% of the Items like PC Trading can offer. If u start this new method most likely no one will set up trades for 1 - 5c sells.
GGG u diddnt change the MTX options. We cant set Tabs for Prices, we must manually price every item.
And Also no one will stop Mapping for 1c trades on Console

And Thats why:
- A Console player do not use Keyboards. They have to use 3 Steps to answer or write a text to other players, if the other player want to offer a lower price or other things.
To write: "Sorry, i dont accept!" U need 2 Minutes on Console, and on PC 2 Seconds.
So what will happen? Yeah, no Responses at all. Totally ignored messages.

In the System with Tradewindows, u can just decline or say Yes.
And PC Games are betting to get a system like that. For Reasons that are obvious. No Interactions in a Single Player game with other players or stopping a playing session for interactions with strangers/Players,
that can now Scam u, piss u off, destroy ur play experience a.s.o

4. Forcing Players not to play. This is my biggest upset of all.
All the time GGG, u say u dont want to much 3rd party tools. U done a Harvest rework for this. And the Console players playing this way all the time.
The Console players only begged for a better search function or a better overview with more Item different stashes.
but now u force Console players away from the TV to use other Devices
Uses Keyboards and Mouses on Xbox or ps4 ( Again ps5 has no Browser )
Also a big chunk of players will 100% Leave after this changes and destroy the Console market completely.
THis change only make sense, if u do a PC/Console market, where u not only make a Cross over play functional. U have to do a Crossmarket!!!

5. U HAVE TO GIVE UP PRIVACY!!!
As a Console Player u have the option to stay on Privat, so no one can see your account or send u messages and so on.
But if u are on Privat, U cant Join partys. How the hell should Player Trade in the Future? They Cant. They must give up there Privacy and 12 year old Kids will spam messages to you, that they want your Mageblood for 12 chaos.
U Blocklist will Rise!!!
This is not acceptable. U cant force Players to give up there Privacy, this is a NO GO!!!

- Also At the Moment,there are several Group Join Bugs. Some Players cant join Group without befriend players beforehand.
- Or after 1h of Play u get a Group bug, where u cant join groups anymore. U Have to reaload the Game completely to fix it.
- Also the game start Lagging, when u have to join other player instances.
Mostly on p4 its a big pain. After u leaving the Group, most of the Time u have to reload ur entire Console, to stop further laggs, because there are some Cache Bugs within the game, after Joining Groups.

I Know i wrote a lot of text. And there are much more Reasons why this decision is not only a bad idear, more likly the Dead of the Console Community.
It is like you where saying to a PC Player, U cant Play Path of Exile if u dont Use ur TV.
There are Million Reasons, why Players decide to play on Console or PC.
Why u made the game for Console in the first place? I dont understand it.

I Know GGG is working on Poe2. And there are Many right decision that made the game more accesable and wonderful in many ways.
But this is like GGG using a knife, and Cutting out a Console Players Heart.

Why not Just make it possible to use both things, for Both Platforms.
Let PC Users also use the Console Functions.
Make and overwhole on the Search functions. Maybe with preset words like Fire Ressistance and little boxes, where u can set up ranges. But for Players who want to Whisper or search in 3rd Party tools. Let them do that.

Or when we have to Use Trade of Exile,
just send the Sellwhispers in the same Boxes as before, where u can just accept or decline per button Press. Where is the Problem for that?
Or are you dont telling the whole story?

Are there Server Issuse because of the Trademarket? Is that the Reason that after ever little patch. 2 Weeks later the Lags are going wild?
Do you have to quit the Trade market because of this?
Because u dont have the time to revamp the system?
U going the easy and cheap way? Because every other Idear are to much time investment and money?

Listen to the Community and trust them. Most of the PC Streamer had great Idears, how u can change Trading in the First place, without making it to easy.
But after i read the Sentence "U have Phones and can use them" i think u just changing things without listening, because of bigger Reasons u dont want to tell the community.
Killing the Trade on Console before u do the Crossovermarket is not acceptable and tells me, that u only think about the future of PC Gaming and Path of Exile 2.
PC Player for example getting 2 Supporter Packs with 4-6 Items.
On Console u dont get them before week 5 - 6. And than u only get 2-3 items from the presentation ( Announcment ) and u have to buy 3-4 Packs to get all.

I think you made a great decision to make POE Console viable, but atm i think you intentionaly destroy the Console playerbase, to concentrate only on PC in the Future. This way of thinking is hard, i know, but
i cant understand , why such intelligant people like GGG had a lot of them, make such Gamebreaking Decisions...

And at the Ende.
I will stay on my Couch. I will play with my controller, and if i cant relax with POE, than there will be more games
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2022, 4:52:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info