Loading screen time on Xbox

Hi GGG since the last update, the loading screens are hellllaaaaa long. I would appreciate the fix. Ty
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2022, 3:55:59 PM
Known issue in the stickied thread, affects everyone with no known workaround as far as I know. The hotfix seems to have made little or no improvement *and* reintroduce some of the stability issues addressed in the first fix, which is unfortunate. Hopefully it'll get a fix very soon.

Areas functionally load in roughly the same amount of time (which you can tell because sound starts, as do various league mechanics like blight, delirium mirrors, and so on) but the client then continues to present the loading screen for a long time, often multiples of the functional load time that made things start moving again. Overall load time seems somewhere between triple and quadruple what it was on a Series X, with some (shader-intensive?) areas taking about 20 seconds to let me play after the area starts doing stuff.

If I had to hazard an entirely wild guess, something was changed with shader caching that no longer saves as it's supposed to on consoles. Recompiling shaders every single time would be consistent with the patterns, at least, and people on PC reporting improvement after playing a bit lines up with trickier file system access being involved.
Just to update here—the hotfix/rollback yesterday worked wonders for me. Typical load times on my Series X went from 25-30s to 2-5s. So if you anyone had stopped playing while this was a thing (I almost did; multiple minutes to start playing again doing vendor trips and whatnot wasn't fun), it might be worth checking back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info